32

You got back from Schlatt little after an hour. He was fairly talkitve, doesn't seem like him. He would let you talk most times, but maybe he just needed some company.

You dropped your jacket on the coat hanger outside of James's office and took your phone out to look at notifications.

Strangely enough it was only a few texts from Clay talking back to you about the text you sent earlier today. No one in your family asking about this whole thing.

Clay was apparently in James's office, so you'd have to wait until he got out, and Bill didn't choose a department, he said he wanted to be neutral here.

Now the only thing left was to decide which department seemed to be you.

You went through this billions of times walking back. Even is Schlatt said to just wing it, surely that wasn't the best option.

Freelance seemed amazing. They'd only give you a couple things a month, and you could make your own missions until you're not killing anyone who isn't deserving. You'd be doing the same thing you were already, doing research alone, difference was that you'd have to report that research to the team leader, who in this case was Jack.

Sniper was great as well, you could shoot shit and still have the opportunity to steal from graves.

History department was also perfect. You'd be shooting shit while stealing from graves. It's certain that you'd be doing that, hence the name.

Spying, Close combat and weaponry was crossed off in your head. It really isn't giving you much freedom, other than you have the freedom to choose your gun.

At this point you have to choose 1 out of the 3 you have left. Surely that won't be hard.

You went over the points in your head again.

Sniper. Pros are that you'd be doing what you're good in, shooting shit. It gives you lots of freedom with the mission choices they have, there's a lot of shit to shoot after all.

Cons are that you'd be on desk duty whenever you accidentally shoot someone that shouldn't be shot, you would be working with a team of mostly stiff people that have been in the job of 30 years. You saw them, there are exceptions of course, but there are way too many units that are made up by older men with the name Bob but with a variety of nicknames.

History department was really the perfect match, pros would be the things you the best with a combination of everything that was ever thought to you.

Cons are that it's very limited access to things you wanted to do, it'd probably mean that you would be only breaking into museums, graves and historical places. The team is fairly fun, but the limit of missions, Dos and don'ts are just a little too much to remember.

That only leaves freelance. The pros are that you'd be working with a bunch of cool people, there's no middle aged men who like to talk about politics, and Wilbur is the secondary manager of the department. Plus you'd be doing whatever the hell you want most times.

Cons are there will be times you can't do what you want, and you'll probably have to work with people sometimes.

Freelance it is.

James's door opened and Clay stepped out smiling.

"Which department did you sign up to?" You asked as soon as he was out.

"Freelance and Sniper spy." He said. "But I'll be working in freelance most times." He said.

"I was thinking about joining that too." You said and put your phone into your pocket.

"James said he recommends it. Good luck in there. He's hungover." Clay said and pat your shoulder.

You fixed your shirt a little, took a deep breath and opened the door walking in.

James was sitting at his desk, two armed guards chatting on your right, and his assistant who always left when someone entered, just finished signing something, as soon as that the assistant left again.

"Y/N! Finally! Please take a seat." James said pointing to one of the chairs. "So, what are you choosing?"

"I landed on Freelance." You said. This all felt like a job interview.

"Clay also chose that." James said and leaned back. "It's really the only department that has as much freedom as you'd have outside of the team. Great choice. Hey Ran, can you get me the contract?" James asked.

You turned to who he was talking to. Quite tall fellow, holding a sniper rifle, and wearing a black and white mask. "You got it boss." They said.

"So before you're officially part of us, I will have to tell you the thing people ask us the most. 'Can I destroy this agency?' and to that my answer is definitely no." James stated.

"I wasn't necessarily thinking about destroying anyone's anything." You said.

"Well just in case you do, you could only do that if you want to go through the struggle of going to every single country in the world, go to every second city, kill about a team of a hundred people and all that without getting caught. Not to mention all of our bases that are in submarines and even in space." James said. "Just making sure." He said.

The tall person returned with a single paper, put it down, and went back to the other guard. "Thanks Ran." James said. He took out a pen and started filling out the paper. "With this, you agree to not give out the location of this base, tell anyone other than your family what gang you are a part of, and to not kill anyone who has no criminal record." He said and signing the paper and sliding it over to you.

He also gave the pen to you and leaned back.

You sighed hesitantly and slowly took the pen to the line where you had to sign it and quickly wrote your signature.

"Alright." James sighed happily. "Welcome to Tinea ad flamma."