69

You walked into the cemetery, following the usual route to Ash's grave.

Walking past all those graves always made you feel weird. You were basically walking on dead bodies. That's not quirky.

You put the flowers on the grave before you sat down under the chestnut tree and leaned back on the bench, trying to get yourself as comfortable as possible.

You just came from the hospital, after a checkup, which was pretty exhausting, and your arm wasn't doing so sparkly either.

You looked over Ash's grave. Mapping out the engraving just as always. You moved your sight down to the photos, the notes, letters to Ash his friends and family wrote.

So many people loved him. And some of them didn't even know who killed him.

That's kinda sad.

Not for you, you know damn well who killed him, and that man bled out on a famous pyramid right in front of your eyes. And you enjoy every second of it.

It felt like the mission was over, Ash was finally at peace. He could finally rest knowing he choose the right person to lead his team

"Knew you'd be here." You turned to the source of the voice.

It was Mark, he had a bouquet of flowers in his hand, which he placed on the grave and then sat down next to you.

"What gave it away?" You asked looking at him.

"I couldn't find you at the bar drinking your beer." He said.

You smiled at him. "How are you?"

"Doing better. Got out of physical therapy a couple weeks ago, my left hand still isn't the same."

"I'm glad to hear that. I'm sorry I didn't get to seeing you." You said.

"It's perfectly fine. How are you?" He asked pointing to your casted arm.

"Nate shot my in the shoulder. The bullet shattered it so..." You said.

"I heard you brutally murdered him." Mark said.

"Did what I had to Boardman. It's not like it took me any courage. I wanted to kill him for a while now." You said.

"All of us did. James might even make a statue for you."

You laughed shaking your head. "He would do that." You said.

"And Ash would be proud as hell." Mark added.

You just hummed to that. You knew it was true of course.

"So the big question," Mark started. "You coming back?"

"Man.." You closed your eyes. "I don't know." You said. "I want to, but Will."

"Ah yes. William Gold. That's a great excuse. You know when I woke up, and found out you were fired, and that Will fired you, I was a lot hopeless." He said.

"Really?"

"Yeah! I thought I'd magically gain powers to beat Wilbur up. But I couldn't, he apologized so many times I didn't have the heart." Mark said looking at you. "Which brings me to my point." He added. "I know deep down you miss him. And I never seen two people who have so much chemistry other than you guys."

"I never had luck with love, seriously the only escape I ever found from love was drugs."

"I know." Mark said casually.

"Sorry forgot."

"You two both need eachother, you just need time to get to know eachother again. Talk to him."

As much as you hated it, he was kind of right. You needed a fresh start with him. A clean record.

You loved Will. You needed him, just as much as he needed you.

"I meant now, talk to him now before it's too late." Mark said in a different tone.

"Right." You got up. "You're right, we need a fresh start. Thank you." You said and said by to Mark and hurried out of the cemetery. Luckily the drive wasn't too long back to base, you just needed to collect your thoughts.

You had a lot of thoughts, too much to collect in such a short period of time.

What will you say? Will you say anything? He was beautiful what if you get flustere- no wait too early to get flustered by him again.

But what will you say anyway? What does one even say in these situations, he was the one who fucked up, not you.

You will simply not apologize, obviously. You don't even have to apologize what are you talking about.

You didn't even know how to phrase sentences correctly. What if you say something dumb? Oh no that'll be embarrassing.

Okay enough, you'll just improvise. You're good at that.

That is what got you fired...

No improvising.

But you didn't have a plan.

Improvising it is. No need to overthink. Just say what comes to mind. That's all.

You pulled into the parking lot.

Will and the others were unloading what you got.

You took a deep breath and got out of the car, locking it behind you. You dropped the keys into your pocket and walked towards Will.

"William!"

"Yeah- oh! Y/n, I thought you'd be at the airport by now." He said turning his full body at you.

"I have a private jet it doesn't matter when I get to the airport, but we need to talk." You said pulling him further away from the guys unloading stuff.

"What is it?"

"I know we ended on a wrong note," You said. "and I won't forget what you said ever, that's engraved in my brain. But I can forgive you." You fidgeted with your jackets zipper. "It won't be easy to do so, but I think I could manage."

"What are you getting to?"

"I think we should start again. I know second chances don't really exist, but we both changed, and this would be kind of.." you stopped. "getting to know eachother all over again. It's like we met again, we don't know anything about eachother. A clean record. A fresh start." You said.

Will stared at you with a surprised look on his face. "I'm not good at this..." You said.

"Not really. But I think you're right. We should start again. We need eachother." He said and grabbed your hand. "I need you." He said.

"Good cause I already called a moving company on the way here, they're getting all my stuff shipped here. I hope you have space in your apartment I own a couple more rifles than usual."

Will laughed and pulled you into a gentle hug, trying not to put pressure on your bad shoulder.

"I still hate you." You said hugging back.

"I know."