59

You slammed the only staff door behind you, storming into the bar.

"What happened?" Jack asked standing up.

"I don't have fucking job anymore." You said.

"What?" Niki asked. "They fired you?"

"Yes." You said.

"What will happen to us now?" Joe asked.

You sighed. How will you tell your friends you split their team up. They'll hate you for it but it had to be done.

"The conference didn't trust me to choose the next captain, so I split Vulture up." You said. "I'm sorry." You said.

They all looked at eachother, trying to find the right words.

"Who did you want to choose?" Joe asked.

You actually thought about this before. There aren't many things you think about before you do them, probably one of the main reasons Gold decided to fire you. But you always thought Nick would be a great candidate for the captain's role.

Especially because he's one of your best friends, he's consistent and knows what the hell he's doing.

"I would've wanted Nick to take over. But apparently according to big CEO and second hand manager William Gold it's too dangerous for me to choose." You said.

Nick looked surprisingly shook, he put down his beer and sat there without saying a word. "I'm sorry guys. I gotta pack my shit." You said and headed to the door.

"See you soon cap." Jack said.

You sighed. "I'm not sure you will Jack." You opened the door and walked out, letting the door slam shut behind you.

You walked over to your car and unlocked it, looking back into the pub, you saw Wilbur come out of the back rooms and start to talk. Jack lost in there, smashed his beer bottle on the ground and stormed out of the pub. Seems like Wilbur already got himself a hate club and surprisingly it's made up with his friends.

You sat in your car and started the engine.

You had to figure out where to go next. You definitely didn't want to go to Florida, Moscow is out of the picture, Because... Reasons, and Berlin was way too close to the UK. You knew you wanted to go to America, but where in America, that was unsure.

You pulled out of the parking lot and started heading down the road. If only Ash was here. He'd have ideas. Plus he wouldn't have fired you in the first place, so this would've never happened.

You turned right on to the road that Wilbur's house is on.

You drove past all the stores, and cafés you and him went to, and couldn't help but to feel even more betrayed than you already were.

As you drove past the cemetery, you slammed the breaks. Ash might not be able to talk, but he can listen. Maybe if someone listened to you, you'd get inspired.

You parked your car again, got out but stopped right in front of the entrance of the cemetery.

This was stupid. A dumb idea. Or is it? You'd be talking to a dead guy, but if you think about, people do it all the time so it's not as weird.

You got yourself together and walked into the cemetery.

At this point you could find his grave with closed eyes. You visited him almost every day since the funeral, and not only did you start to learn all the other names around his grave, you could find your way there if they took all your senses away.

His grave was under a Chestnut tree. You had no clue why his mom chose that spot but it was nice.

You walked up to his grave. It was simple, white marble with golden writing. There were pictures of him and his friends everywhere, piles of flowers too.

You sat down on the bench next to his grave.

"I didn't bring anything." You started. "Hope that's not a problem." You stopped kind of waiting for an answer.

"They fired me, but I think you already know. I never got to fulfill what you set me up for. And it might've been a bad idea to split them up, but I feel like that's what you would've done too." You said and leaned back.

"I don't really know where to go from here. I wish you could help me. Tell me what to do." You said and looked around.

"If only you could show me who killed you. I'd have a purpose before I find an actual job. I didn't know Will was just this shitty. I trusted him you know-" One of the photos got blown off from the grave. You quickly caught and looked at it.

It was Nate and Ash on the photo. You turned it around. 'Nate and Ash, first mission in El Paso.' It wrote.

Nate and El Paso. Just a coincidence? Probably. But Maybe Ash can talk. Just without words.

El Paso does sound nice. Remote, along the border, lots of hardcore Texans you wouldn't necessarily want to deal with, but it's a great idea after all.

And Nate. You always had this guy wrenching feeling that he was the one behind Ash's death. But you somehow you always felt crazy thinking about it.

You put the picture back on the grave and stood up. "Thanks brother. That did help out. And right-hand pinky promise that I'll find and kill whoever put you six feet under. I'd give normal left-hand pinky promise but I kinda lost track of it." You said.

"I miss you a lot Ash. I really hope you can hear me and all." You said and put your hand on the grave stone for just a second before heading out.

With a certain place to go to, and an idea of who might be behind the slaughter, you felt calm about your future. You might've just broken up with Will, but he did that to himself, he deserved it after everything he said.

You walked out of the cemetery and to your car, happily jumping in and starting the engine.

This must mean a start of a  new beginning.