63

"Okay, Alex, shut it down." You said on the radio.

You were in standing at the front door of the building. In theory as soon as the lights are shut down, you'll have enough time to move stealthily, before the generators kick in, without being seen. The only con of working in the dark without night vision lenses, is that you also can't see shit.

So stealth out the window, you needed to use a flashlight.

"Lights down, you can move in." Quackity said.

"Copy that, over." You said and opened the door, knife in hand.

You took out your flashlight and and started moving down the hallway. Someone was already coming straight towards you, their own knife in hand.

You blocked their attempt and stabbed them in the face, twisting the knife while pulling it out.

They fell to the floor, and you quickly moved on. You walked down the hallway, took a right and were met by two people this time.

Both of them charged at you, you managed to get behind one of them and slit their throat from the back, while dodging the attempts of the other one.

As you pulled the knife from the previous lovely fellow, you straight up threw it in the middle of the other one's forehead.

They both fell to the floor, you walked over to the one you threw the knife at and pulled it out.

You dusted yourself off and moved on, down the hallway.

It was dead silent in the building, you could hear a pin drop. Your steps echoed through the walls.

Out of nowhere you started hearing gunshots. They had silencers on, but that didn't help to block the sounds completely.

No one in this building has guns. Someone else was here. "Alexis come in." You whispered into the radio.

"Rog. How's it going in there?"

"See anything suspicious from outside?"

"No. It's quiet out here." He said.

"There's someone else here, I'm going to loose the knife." You said and put it away, taking out your Berretta.

"Good luck in there, come out in one piece please." Alex said.

"You got it, over and out." You said.

You had no clue who was in here, but they were shooting shit, so you are not going to stab shit, that's not going to get you nowhere.

You walked down the hallway, the gunshots were getting closer, and your heart was pumping faster than usual.

Maybe it was because you haven't done something like this for a good while. Like a really long time.

You got to an intersection. You heard running and footsteps after it.

A loud bang, and body fell basically at your feet.

Clean shot, through the head. The shooter was calm, they were very slowly creeping up on the intersection.

You held back your breath as they got closer. They stopped before the body and looked down on it, you haven't been seen yet. It was dark, and you turned your flashlight off even before you heard the shot.

It was so silent you could hear them breathing. They were no taller than you, but you still had no clue who they were.

All you knew if you made a move, they'd instantly shoot you. They were a confident shooter, you could tell.

They were looking straight forward down the hallway, they were just standing there, menacingly, doing nothing, just standing over the body, staring. Not looking your way. Maybe you could, quietly, move around them and get behind them. You steadily put your gun away, took your knife out, and took one step.

You didn't make a noise, took another step, completely silent.

You gulped getting fully behind them. Wether or not they realise you're there, you'll have the high-ground.

You slowly put your knife around their neck and gently pressed it against their skin.

They jumped to the feel of the blade.

"Put the rifle down," you said. "Slowly."

They let the gun fall, landing with a thud. "I said slowly." You whispered.

You headbutted them from the back, it knocked them out pretty good, but you also probably got a concussion.

You turned your flashlight back on and shined it in their face. You recognized him. He was in sniper department. You shined your light at his name tag on his vest. 'Maxwell'. That's right. Ethan Maxwell, he was Ash's assistant, but he changed positions after a while.

Wait what the hell is he doing here? You crouched down and grabbed one of his reloads. You turned it around.

The sticker.

Tinea ad flamma.

Fuck this, why are they everywhere. Everything you do they're there, and now, the only time you thought you'd be gone and away from them, you end up eye to eye with Ash's own assistant.

That means there's more of them. Definitely. They never send out a rookie like Maxwell alone.

You took the reload, and put it in your own vest.

You didn't have any more time to waste, you needed to get to those diamonds first.

You started sprinting down the hallway towards the safe. You took one right, almost slipping while turning, and then kept running. As you ran past people who had knives, you shot them.

Just before you got to the safe you heard a vaguely familiar voice.

"...Package secured. Moving out now." He said.

No the hell you're not.

You grabbed your knife and as slow as possible, you started following him.

James was smart, only sending maybe three or four people. Wilbur being one of them.

You had no clue how he didn't feel your presence behind him, but the closer you got to the exit, the more tension you had built up in you.

As soon as you walked past an open maintenance room, you grabbed a pry bar, somehow still without making a noise.

Just as William opened the door, you took the pry bar and hit him in the head.

He collapsed in the doorway, dropping the suitcase. You dropped the bar, pulled him out of the way and grabbed the suitcase, opening it to make sure everything was there.

You went to walk away, but looked back at Will.

He was bleeding. If you actually killed him, you'd probably get breached in your own home.

You groaned and walked back over to him, picking him up by his vest and starting to pull him to your car.

You felt like you'll regret this move later on.