19

Wilbur.

Why simply Wilbur.

It took you to worse places than you expected. He was just so damn beautiful, you couldn't possibly handle yourself.

And since you were still tipsy, and he was drunk as hell, you decided to distance yourself away from him.

You didn't want no accidents happening, especially with Nick on the watch. He'd definitely kill someone if he realised what was going on. 

So instead of hanging out with the others for the rest of the night, you focused back on the research on the grave. It was rather pointless since you've already found it, but the contents of the grave was something you still needed to figure out.

The booby traps and the riches that your father has marked up, and the whereabouts of the mummy itself.

You thought it'd be easier to understand your dad's handwriting, but it looked like if your doctor wrote it.

But at least it was somewhat readable.

Sometimes you thought your father really wanted to sabotage you with his shitty 2nd grade handwriting, and by making it extra smudged, it was even more irritating.

Old man really took his time making yours more difficult, it was like reading a cat scratch on paper. Not to mention he looked like if mister clean and scrub daddy had a baby. That also didn't help his alibi.

So far so good though, you got 2 whole sentences figured out, and now at least you knew that the booby traps were most likely inactive, and since they've never been triggered, they probably weren't tested, therefore they don't work.

Or at least that's what you got.

Shit, reading your dad's handwriting was more trickier than the hieroglyphics on the pyramid walls.

On the topic of Pyramids, it was rather strange that the grave wasn't in a pyramid. At least you haven't found traces of one. Everything so far is pointing to a tomb, rather than a pyramid that was chipped away by time.

And that was not something you'd necessarily expect. Especially from such a big Pharaoh like Ramses VIII.

Well he wasn't necessarily big, since he only spent a year  on the throne before he died, but it was common for people to have at least smaller pyramids.

It didn't seem like it so far, although there could always be something you're not seeing.

You grabbed your beer and the notes you wrote out and quickly left the table and basically jogged over to the digging site.

Your father has marked the possible size of this tomb, and it always poked your eye that it was rather squarish. Too squarish for a tomb.

You made your way to a 'corner' and quickly grabbed a shovel that was laying in the sand not so far away from you.

If your suspection is true, the tomb was once under a pyramid, but the pyramid might've been taken down, or simply collapsed. But it would also be likely that this way people already been in there.

But surely enough, you were correct. Some sandstone bricks, more broken than the one you found not so long ago, higher up seemingly going around in a square.

You were right after all, there was a pyramid here, so you could call this a pyramid. But you can't really when there's no pyramid to call it. You'll just have to leave it to the imagination, since there are clear signs of one.

And if so, another piece of the puzzle is solved in this case, meaning you're on the right track to victory.

"Found anything?" Toby asked walking up to you.

"Thought you were asleep. Ain't it past your bedtime?" You asked dropping the shovel and picking your beer back up.

"I don't have a bedtime anymore. But did you find anything?" He asked again.

You nodded while taking a sip from your drink. "Yep, clear signs of a pyramid. It was probably taken down so they can't find the grave." You said.

"Ah. Understandable, should I call Will here? Maybe he can say more?" Toby asked.

Just hearing his name made you feel liks butterflies were eating you alive. So obviously you said yes.

Didn't take you long to pick up the shovel again, and follow the line of the brick wall around, while waiting for Wilbur.

The shit you'd do for Wilbur. Anything he asks for.

But that's embarrassing. Who says that, no one says that. Only maybe a simp.

You really were a simp for that guy. Weird.

But you didn't have much peace of mind, he was excitedly coming up to you with a bottle of beer in his hand. Glasses off, and hair messy as hell.

"Toby said you found something." He said standing rather close to you.

"Yeah, uh, so I looked at the notes on the map and figured out this would be more than just a tomb. So I started digging and I found a wall.. so I'm guessing this might've been a pyramid." You said. Wilbur nodded and took a sip of his beer.

"That's smart. I'll help you dig." He said and put his beer bottle down in the sand, and grabbed a shovel.

That only made you feel some kind of thing. This was getting out of hand now, every single little movement he did made your heart flutter like hell.

Was this even normal at this point? Is he just some sort of magical creature that make you feel like this? Or are you just simply weird? Both of the two could be possible, he might just be too damn charming. Who's that damn good at looking fine.

No one. Only him.

And him being out for your blood also didn't help much, he was extremely beautiful, and probably deadly.

Not so fun.

Especially since he was just too kind to you even if he wanted to see you bathe in your own blood.

Yeah and also he was too dreamy to be real. There was no way he actually exists.

This is all just a bad dream, you'll wake up from in the comfort of your hotel room.

Hopefully.