40

You took a photo of the statue.

It was better to have these, maybe if you wanted to create a 3D version of it, it comes in handy.

Just one or two more photos and you should be all done with the documentation, then you can swiftly move on to analysing.

Swiftly, if your phone wasn't ringing.

You put your camera down and grabbed your phone. Unknown caller ID. You must be popular.

"Hello?" You answered and put your phone between your shoulder and ear, taking your camera again.

"Hey, sorry to bother you, it's me Ash!"

"Oh, hey man, what's up?"

"I just wanted to let you know that 141 getting ready for a mission, and I wanted to ask you to come in and go over the plan." Ash said. "If you're not busy."

You looked down at the camera in your hand, then at the statue.

"No, I'm not busy. I'll get ready in a minute." You said and put your camera down. "Where are we going?" You asked standing up and taking the phone in your hand again.

"Poland. A rival gang was finally spotted after a while. I'll explain when you get here though." Ash said.

"Okay, sounds good. See you then." You said.

"Yep, bye bye!"

"Bye mate." You hung up.

"Who was that?" Will asked toothbrush in his mouth. He was also called in, but he gives much more to his appearance than you, you haven't dressed as fancy as Will since the funeral of your dad's dad. You were like 12.

"Ash. We have a mission. Strangely there has been a lot lately." You said and slipped your phone into your pocket. "Go get ready unless you want to walk." You said.

Wilbur nodded and tucked away into the bathroom.

It's funny how Will can't drive a car, but can fly a plane. He was strange and funny man. But that's why loved his guts.

You turned to the statue. Probably should put that away before you leave.

While you walked over, you grabbed the prepared, cushioned box for the statue and set it down on the table.

You gently lifted it, and slowly put it into the box, making sure it stood straight.

You put the cover over the statue, then put the lid on the box.

"Ready?" You yelled for Will.

"Give me a minute!" He said.

"Seriously, are you putting your pretty princess makeup on? C'mon let's get going." You grabbed your car keys and your belt.

You quickly put that on, making sure you had your gun.

You grabbed your jacket and put it on too.

"I'm done. Okay?" Wilbur stepped out of the bathroom, in full lawyer gear. Light suit pants, tucked in shirt, and tie.

"Where the hell are you going? Becoming an attorney?" You asked.

"Nope, Quinn told us to dress fancy for the mission." Will said getting his jacket.

"Who the hell is Quinn?" You asked walking to the door.

"Our team's dispatcher. They know about every mission, so usually they're the ones to tell us what to wear before we actually know the mission." Wilbur said.

"Right. So your mission will be in the theatre? Abraham Lincoln assassination style?" You asked. You walked out the door and called the elevator.

"Not sure yet. Maybe." Will said.

"Our dispatcher is some Alyssa named chick. She answers when she wants to, but she never disappoints." You said.

"Oh yeah I know her, she's nice. You know anything of your mission?" Wilbur asked. The elevator door opened and you both walked in, Wilbur pressed the ground floors button.

"Ash said we're going to Poland to get a rival gang. That's really about it." You said.

"Oh. Be careful. They're shitty." Will said.

"How do you already know what I'm talking about?"

"Remember Aimee?"

"Of course I remember Aimee."

"That's their gang." Will said.

Circle right back to where you started. The first mission haunts you already, you didn't want to think about it, but it was like it forced itself into your mind.

That one millimeter annoyed you to the core, it was weeks ago, but it annoyed you nonetheless.

"Seriously?" You asked looking at Will.

"Yeah, but don't worry, you're a thousand times better than all of them combined. I believe you'll slaughter them like animals." Will said.

"You're weird." You said.

"And you love me." He said. "Because of that, you're weird too."

You chuckled while walking out the elevator. You walked down the one flight of stairs and pressed the opening button for the door and held it open for Wilbur.

He walked out, you after him, letting the door close behind you. You searched around in your pocket for your keys. You quickly found them and unlocked the car.

Wilbur quickly crawled into the passenger seat, you jumped in too, turning the engine on as quickly as possible. It was cold outside, cold enough to see your breath.

You sat there for a second, listening to the faint radio, waiting for the car to warm up a little.

As soon as it was all warm and running, you pulled out of your parking spot and started to make your way out of the lot.

Will turned up the radio, and looked out the window, watching as you slowly but surely passed cars and hot out of the parking lot.

To ease the awkward silence, you put your hand on Wilbur's thigh, he looked down on your hand, then up to you.

From the corner of your eye you saw him smile, then he put his hand on yours.

You loved this man to death, he was so perfect, everything about him.

You always had anxiety with missions. What if you never came back? What if you ended up dead? Or if he never came back. You wouldn't be able to get over it for a while.

A very long long while.

But concentration is key, you gotta keep yourself out of crossfire whenever you can and you'll survive any mission that comes your way.

Hopefully, at least.