23

"Careful Tommy.." Wilbur said standing behind Tommy who was opening the stone entrance to the tomb.

As he pushed the stone door out of the way, a long hallway was revealed. You weren't expecting less or more, it was the usual.

If you read your father's notes well, the hallways should have booby traps, so you have to be careful. Since they've never been set off they could not work anymore, although there's still a chance of them working and killing you all.

"I'm being careful man! Stop rushing me." He said and turned his flashlight on.

You were behind Wilbur, and behind you was Clay. Phil and the others were still preparing to enter.

You looked at Clay, signaling him to get your gun. It was time to not die. Clay nodded and walked out.

"Where's he going?" Will asked looking back.

"Oh he... He has to piss." You said smiling awkwardly. Will have you an awkward smile back and focused on Tommy who was walking in front of him.

You stopped for a second then sighed and  followed close behind Wilbur.

The tension in your stomach tightened into a knot, but you shrugged it off. You needed to focus here, be on the watch for anything suspicious, fight or flight. Kill or run. Two very different options to be perfectly honest.

Killing him would in fact trigger more problems with the gang. And possibly with the police as well. You're basically raining hellfire on yourself. But even if you do, you always have an escape plan.

Well not when a gang is coming after you, but surely you'll figure out something. If not, death is always a great option.

Someone tapped you on the shoulder, you startled a little but turned around and made eye contact with Clay. He secretly handed you the gun and you turned back, tucking the weapon in your waistband. You have a gun now. What could possibly go wrong?

Tommy needed some time to map out the Hallway with a strong flashlight, so you stood in one place, quiet, for a while.

"Alright," he said. "let's move." He exclaimed and started walking through the hallway.

"Call the others in too." You said to Clay. He nodded again and waddled out.

"You excited?" Will asked looking back while carefully walking.

"Scared, excited, I feel like I'm going to faint." You said. "Just everything at once." You smiled at him. "You feeling excited?" You asked.

He hummed looking at Tommy who was basically miles away from you two, just on his own way. "I.. uh, feel like there'll be many surprises." Will said smirking.

"Ah. Good or bad are we talking about?"

"A bit of both." He said. That didn't calm you down, it just made your overthinking worse, and the knot in your stomach tighten up a bit more.

You stopped for a second again, took a breath and continued your way behind Will. Clay catched up to you as well, the others probably behind him. He gave you a weird smirk while shining a light at his face. Why is everyone smirking. You just looked away focusing back to the path in front of you.

You were prepared to do this. But that was rather a mantra to get you some confidence in killing 5 people. One of which was totally into you, and you certainly could say the same.

But to be perfectly honest, it didn't matter too much. You'd be out of here in no time, and with that you'll forget about him too.

It's not a big deal, you've done this before, again, what could go wrong?

The footsteps of the small team echoed through the hallway, you couldn't help but to feel the mistakes of this plan, or a lack of one. The only people who have guns in this place, at first, seemed to be you, Bill and Nick. But now, unsure if Will wants your blood on his hands today, you were blindly walking into a grave without a damn plan.

Even if it was unreasonable, you could feel the tension in the air, mostly coming from Wilbur. Every time you accidentally stepped too close to him, he tensed up, looking back at you every time he felt you were near him. You knew he was up to something, there was no denying now. His nervousness radiated from him, ain't no excuse is going to cover that up.

He seemed more jumpy than usual too, his shoulder touched the wall of the hallway, and he almost punched it.

He really did try to make it seem less obvious, but you studied behaviour in all of your years of 'experience', all of these were the signs of a nervous man.

Yet someone would say that he's just excited for the grave, someone who's excited doesn't have a full on argument with a wall, sweat like crazy, and stumble even when the ground is flat.

You can't deny that he's nervous. Now at least you know that you are not the only person who's nerves are killing them.

As you walked through the hallway, the convoy kinda slowed down, Wilbur stopped completely, and Tommy's footsteps stopped echoing. Clay bumped into you from the back, making you stumble forward.

"Why'd we stop?" You questioned trying to peek around Will, but failing to do so.

"Well there's a door here." Tommy said.

"Well open it." Clay said in a rushing tone.

Tommy handed the flashlight to Wilbur. That's all you really saw from here, Wilbur basically filled up the whole hallway, you couldn't see past him, from here you could just guess what was happening in front of you.

You looked back at Clay, he gave you a reassuring nod, and hinted towards your gun.

This must be the grave now, there's no way you'll have to walk more. So many stairways and tight hallways, this gotta be the end.

No one would see if you just took your gun out at held on to it. It's dark, and you were between two really tall people.

With a loud thud, the door Tommy was talking about opened.

Here goes nothing.