8

"You fucking dumbass! I told you not to stop in the goddamn sand!" Tommy screamed at Toby who was struggling to push the car.

"There's sand everywhere, how am I supposed to not stop in the sand?!" Toby asked kicking the tire of the car.

Apparently he stopped in a weird way and the sand was too soft, so the car sunk in. It seemed like you'll be here for a while. There's no space in any other car, and if you left it here, it'd get robbed.

"Jesus Christ Toby, calm yourself." Phil said watching as the two were trying to get the car out of the sand.

You just stood there also watching them, amused.

No one could be this stupid to even try to stop in sand, but here your were nonetheless.

"Alright, I'll get camp set up then." You said gesturing to Clay. He walked up to you and helped you get the tents out.

"This'll take longer than I thought. We can't get caught now." You whispered.

"We're fucked if they find the gun. No one carries a gun around in the desert." Clay said.

"Just play along and act natural. Don't make it seem obvious." You said. You dropped the rolls of tent and so did Clay.

You looked over to see Wilbur walking over.

"How do I not make it seem obvious?" Clay asked.

"Maybe stop talking." You said waving to Will. He walked over and grabbed a rolled up tent, also dropping it on the floor.

"Where should we set up?" Will asked. Looking around.

"Well it all looks the same. Sand everywhere. It doesn't matter really." Clay said.

"You're right. Y/N? Where should we settle?" Will asked you.

"Probably over there." You said pointing to a flat area. You'd have to be further away from sand hills, they could collapse on you, and that would certainly be unfortunate. Will nodded and picked up two tents and started walking to the place you pointed to.

You looked at Clay, he just smiled at you like an idiot and picked up his share of tent as well.

You grabbed the last two and walked behind the two.

It has been a while since you set up a tent, you weren't sure if you remembered really. But even if you don't, you'd just have to improvise.

You were good at improvising, one of your favourite things to do. It took some thinking but it always ended in victory.

Well almost always, except that time when you accidentally didn't kill one of the archeologists and didn't close the tomb well and he had enough power to climb out and call the police.

They got your description, catched your ass and put you in jail in Alexandria.

You didn't spend too much time in prison though, with enough preparation, you swiftly escaped and they didn't even realize. You were wanted before, you are more wanted now.

But damn at least you're famous.

Maybe not for something legal, but you were still famous.

You dropped the tents into the sand and quickly took a look back at the car sunken in the sand.

Toby and Tommy gave up trying to get the car out and now they were also helping you get camp ready.

As soon as you had everything set up, you can finally take your very much wanted nap.

And this time hopefully, you won't be interrupted, and could finish you lovely slumber in peace.

Clay insisted he wanted to set up every tent alone and he didn't need any help at all. He was very much struggling though.

Doesn't matter, you were distracted by Wilbur. For some reason he was just so pleasant to look at. His facial features gave you a sort of satisfaction, his face was just simply so perfect, it was basically a picture in a museum.

But this feeling was all sudden, it's not like you had a crush on him, he's just pleasant to look at.

It's probably nothing,

You watched Clay struggling with the tents for a little bit, but then got bored of his trying and started walking around the cars.

You walked around yours to make sure you locked it, then walked to the car that got stuck in the sand, then to Wilbur's car.

You looked in the back of the car and spotted a strange black suitcase. Almost looked looked like a shotgun case. The case had a sticker on it. On that stood the writing 'tinea ad flamma', with a moth's silhouette. And if you remember your Latin lessons in 4th grade, that means 'moth to flame'.

You looked around, not seeing anyone, curiosity got the best of you. The car was unlocked, so you opened the backseat door and pulled the suitcase to you.

It was matte, 1986 suitcase. The year was carved into the leather itself, and it felt like brand new.

You looked around again and when you made sure there was no one there, you unclipped the two little clips on the front.

You slowly opened it, cautiously looking around.

The case was hiding a simple two hand sniper rifle, a Beretta M9 and their cleaning equipment. So you weren't specifically the only one who carried a gun around in the desert.

Strange. These weapons are mostly illegal in most countries. Even with a license. Also, why would an archeologist, so innocent looking, carry around a gun like that.

It has been suspicious though, only a group of 5, for such a big expedition. And the weird sticker on the suitcase? Looks like some fuckery is going on here, unless they're completely innocent and just carrying a gun around for protection.

Still, absolutely no way someone would just simply carry heavy weapons around like that. A Beretta? Not like you don't have one yourself, but still, not for self defense.

You looked around again and grabbed the Beretta. You turned it around and read the writing that was ingraved on it. 'W.G.' W.G?. Who is W.G? Some sort of weirdo for sure, who puts their initials on a gun. Other than your father. He's an exception.

"Y/N? Clay needs some help here!" You heard Phil yell.

"Coming!" You said and quickly put back the gun and closed the case. You also closed the door quite swiftly and hurried to the camp site.

You'll have to look more into this whole, gun thing later. There was something going on and you needed to know about it.