47

The plane successfully landed, and the cargo door opened. You grabbed your backpack and two rifles and limped out of the plane.

Home sweet home.

The task force's friends were already on the airport, Wilbur was waiting for you with worry on his face, and a bouquet of flowers in hand. He didn't see you at first, but soon spotted you, quickly running over to you, his eyes lighting up to the sight of you.

He hugged you so tight, you couldn't breathe for a second.

"Hi!" He said sticking the bouquet of flowers into your hand.

"Hi, it's so nice to see you." You said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I missed you." He said.

"I was only away for three days!" You laughed.

"That's way too long for me!" He said and gave you a kiss. "How injured are you?"

"Nothing special." You said and started walking away with Will. "Three shot wounds and a papercut from writing the mission report." You said holding your ring finger up.

Will grabbed your finger and kissed it.

"What was that for?" You asked chuckling.

"Just felt like it." Will said and grabbed your hand again, this time to hold it.

It was silent after, you just walked off of the runway and to your car that you left at the helipad, not so far away.

"I heard what happened with Nate." Will said.

"A lot of things happened. Which one are you talking about?"

"Airstrike." Will said.

"Right. That was a pleasure to live through." You said.

"Jack is being transferred here. The doctors in Poland said he'll be fine. But he might not walk again." He said.

"I know." You said. "And it's all because Matthews wanted to be a badass. Well it didn't work out."

"He's being taken care of. He'll be out of here in no time." Will said.

"Good." You said and squeezed his hand.

It's nice how this became the thing that this was how you communicated the three words 'I love you'. It was easier. It was cuter.

It was also nice to hear that Nate will be kicked out. He had no place here. It was weird that they haven't done anything about him before, since he's been showing this attitude for a while.

You thought you were going to kill him back in the jet. He was beyond rude.

"What do you want to do?" Will asked when you arrived to your car.

"Maybe get some food. I'm starving." You said grabbing your car keys. You unlocked the car, walked to the back and opened the trunk and dropped your backpack, the flowers and guns in.

You closed the trunk and walked back to the front sitting into the driver's seat. It was okay to relax finally. You haven't been really able to in these past couple days.

With all that has been going on, with Nate, mostly, the last thing you could do was relax. You've been on the edge, getting ready to face one of Matthews's stupid actions, and even laying down for a second didn't come to mind. Plus you couldn't really do that on a mission.

You started up the engine, pulling out from where you were parked, and driving out of the forest.

It was silent between you, for quite a bit.

But questions started to form in your head, mostly about Andy's and Nate's relationship.

The way he treated Andrew, was blood boiling. Especially over such a small thing.

"Do Andrew and Nate have arguments often?" You asked suddenly.

Wilbur looked at you, knowing exactly what happened on the plane, without having to tell him.

"Yeah. All the time actually." He said. "Nate yells at him for the smallest things. It annoys us all, and we always step in, but it never worked. He never stopped."

"Why did Nate say yes if he doesn't love the guy?" You asked.

Will sighed and thought for a second.

"Well Andrew doesn't come from the poorest family. When they got together, Nate realized that he'd be a good catch to keep. You can figure the rest." He said.

Nate was not only an attention freak, a psychopath and a dick, he was also a gold digger. That mix-mash of things and traits, made him what he is today. A cocksucker.

"Somehow I'm not surprised." You said. "Nate has a lot of issues. He's no good for Andy." You said turning on to the main road.

"We know. But Andrew somehow still loves him. We can't do much about it." Will said and put his hand in your thigh. "He's basically hopeless." He added.

"Hopeless is harsh to say, no?" You asked.

"We've told him several times to leave him and move on, but it's easy to see that none of that ever happened."

"It's difficult to leave in these situations." You said.

"I know." Will said. "But we love Andy. We don't want him to stay in this situation."

"He'll find a way out." You said.

Andy is a clever man, he'll figure out how to get out of this relationship. It may be hard for him, but he must leave once. He can't stay forever.

He helped Niki stitch you up in the plane. He cared about his husband even though he doesn't deserve it. Andy is a great man. He's a friend.

You took one of your hands off the wheel and put it over Will's hand. It was really nice to be alive at that current moment. You haven't felt this loved in a while. You actually never felt this loved.

You never had an issue with finding someone to date, but it was always the wrong person. They may have treated you badly, or said something, but they always managed to get on your bad list. You couldn't name one remarkable, nice ex.

But this one might be different. He might break the streak.

"I love you Wilbur." You said. Wilbur looked at you. You saw him smile from the corner of your eye.

"I love you too."