9

You layed down in your tent, on the blanket you put down to make things more comfortable.

This whole sniper rifle thing, kept you up for quite a while. You expected to be asleep by now, dreaming dreams you never dreamt before.

You were walking around your car mostly, before deciding to go back and try sleep again. You did that at least 10 times. And still nothing.

You sat up again and looked on your side to see Clay knocked out in the weirdest sleeping position you've seen in a while. His hands folded under him, his legs were crossed and pulled up, and he was drooling.

"Ew.." You said. You groaned and got up and got out of the tent, yet again.

But this time you didn't walk around aimlessly, you made your way straight to the sandhill that wasn't far from the camp site.

You walked up and sat down, making the sand move a little bit.

There was something wrong with this Wilbur guy. And the others too. It just seemed strange to carry around a sniper rifle. Who in the Jesus Christ would you want to snipe in a desert? Unless all of this was a trap, and you're simply walking right into the hands of death.

It wouldn't be necessarily bad, death seemed fun, you wouldn't need to worry about being a really famous grave thief anyway. 

But still. The Beretta wasn't off spot as much as the rifle, but the W.G engraving on it seemed kind of out of place as well. It could be anyone's weapon. No one's name in camp starts with W other than Wilbur's, but his second name starts with an S not a G.

Weird enough, the sticker that stuck out the most. 'Tinea ad flamma' odd anyway without the moth, but with the moth, you'd straight up say Cult.

Or some sort of gang. Weird gang name if you were honest, who names themselves after a saying that means: someone getting a lot of women.

Or it could mean they get a lot of victims and they kill a lot of people. You might be overthinking that part. You'll just stick to the women thing.

"Y/N? Why are you up so late?" A familiar voice asked. You turned around and looked at the tall man walking behind you. "Or why are you up so early." Wilbur said pointing at the rising sun.

"Couldn't sleep. Although I could ask the same thing from you. Why are you up?" You asked patting the spot next to you. Will sat down and took a deep breath.

"Same thing." He said.

"Ah, right. Excited for the expedition?" You asked.

"No, not necessarily. You know I was thinking about the letter you left me." He said. "About the friend thing?"

"Yeah."

"How'd you know we'll meet again?" Will asked. You debated an answer for a second. You couldn't tell him you were planning on joining this exact expedition, you also couldn't tell him what you were planning. That would defeat the purpose of this whole thing.

"I just had a feeling." You said. Well that is a lame answer.

"Cool. I actually wanted to meet you again. But I chickened out." Wilbur said.

"Meet me or ask me out?" You asked smiling.

"Obviously meet. I'd be too big of a pussy to ask anyone out like that." He said.

"Right. Like I'll believe that." You said teasingly.

"You know I'm a coward." He said.

"I do?"

"Yeah, I mean I didn't ask you out before. Meaning I'm a pushover." Will said and looked away from you.

"Me specifically?" You asked.

"No. Not you specifically, obviously, just anyone in general." Will said.

"Don't believe any of that crap. I bet people chase after you, like you're the famous guy in highschool." You said jokingly.

Wilbur looked away, at the sunrise, smiling. "I don't know. They probably do." He said.

You chuckled and also looked over at the sunrise.

It was peaceful, the only sunrise you ever looked at for a while. Especially in the desert, you don't get many pretty ones around here, maybe in other places, but definitely not around here.

You liked the sunrises though, specifically the rare ones that look strangely like a really realistic painting, with really bright orange colours.

Those were really pretty. But all were pretty. Mostly cause that was the only time when everything was calm. No one was walking around, being loud ect.

Just silent. No movement, no problems. Only at dawn, dusk was different, that was the time when the day ends, meaning people are still out, doing their own shit, being loud, playing music, throwing weird ass gang signs around.

That might be just your neighborhood though.

"You think we'll find it?" You found yourself asking, breaking the silence. You were obviously hinting at the grave, but Will looked confused for a second.

He was thinking really hard just to realize a minute later what you meant. "Who knows. People were trying to find it for thousands of years. God knows if we'll be the one's to actually find the thing." He said. What he said was all true, although your opinion was different, obviously, you had the map marking exactly where it was. Only a matter of time till you actually find it.

With their help, it shouldn't take too long.

But who knows, this all could be a trap, a horrible one, because you already found proof. Meaning you know if it's a trap, but denying it is easier than accepting that it is.

Maybe you should look into this whole trap thing. They don't really look like some sort of big, mafia of gang group. Although the sticker did stick out. A lot.

"Well. Until I still have time, I'll take a nap." You said. "We'll have a lot of research to do tomorrow." You stood up stretching your back.

"Good idea. I'll do the same." Will said and also stood up. You smiled at him and started to walk away.

You had a couple reasons to think that they were out to kill you, but it wouldn't make sense at all. Unless they know exactly who you are, and are planning to kill you because the government sent them.

Ah but who cares. You'll have to worry later on.