42

Wouldn't have thought that Nate was this big of a dick.

You didn't want to become the captain of this fucking team, but apparently, according to his small brain, you payed Ash to make you team captain. What a hypocrite.

You felt sorry for his husband, he wasn't probably so pleasant in dating life either. Maybe he only apologised because Andrew told him to. Seems like he wouldn't have if it wasn't for outside Influence.

You would rather report him to Ash to take him out of the team, but you have absolutely no control over what happens, only hope, that he will soften up.

You sat down at the bar, Niki was already waiting there, she knew exactly you were going to go there.

"Beer?" She asked.

"Tequila. Dry." You said.

Niki nodded and went to pour you a shot.

"Was Matthews always a stuck up pretentious little bitch?" You asked.

"Sadly yeah." Niki said sliding you the shot glass. "He talked to you?" She asked.

"Basically told me that he won't listen to my instructions and that I'm not good enough as a 'rookie' to be team captain." You drank the shot. "Seriously what's his problem?" You asked.

"He's been trying to solve his insecurity by getting the approval of the Cap. Nate is a good soldier, he's just a fucking prick." Niki said.

"Thought he'd be at least a little nicer, I mean I never said anything to him. He just kinda decided he wanted to hate me." You said.

"He doesn't like anyone. I'm convinced he doesn't even like his own husband." Niki said leaning on the counter.

"I feel bad for him. I would never date someone with a bigger ego than the sun." You said.

"Andrew told me several times that he wants a divorce. But he's terrified of Nate." Niki said.

You shook your head, mostly in disgust. Poor Andrew, he is such a cool guy, amazing nurse, and sniper. But Nate is using him.

"Anyway. What's up with the Nefertiti statue?" Niki changed the topic real quick.

"It's good. Got a couple pictures on my phone. Wanna see?" You asked. Niki nodded. You pulled out your phone, turned it on and was met by notifications by Clay, texting you how excited he was about working with you finally.

You opened the gallery and got the photo up. You handed your phone to Niki. "Amazing.." She said in complete awe. "The gold is in amazing condition." She zoomed in on the picture.

"It's pretty cool huh? I'll show it to you in real life one day, just want to get through this whole team captain thing." You said. "The two guards who were in front of the safe were really bad at their job. Took them out in a matter of minutes." You added.

"When did they find the statue?" Niki asked.

"Maybe in 2018. Not really sure." You said. "But it's mint that's for sure." You said opening Clay's texts. You typed back an answer, then put your phone on the counter.

"I wish I was there when they found it."

"It must've been a sight." You said. "pour me another?"

Niki nodded and pulled out the tequila bottle, and poured it into your glass.

The pub was empty at this time. Rush hour was only coming up. Maybe only a couple people were in.

It was rather peaceful.

The front door opened. You turned around to look at the person walking in. It was Schlatt, he had his chops fixed up, and his hair in a bun. He was wearing a button-up shirt, with a loose tie, spinning a key around his finger.

"Johnny, Over here!" You yelled out to him. He smiled and walked over sitting down at the bar and dropping the keys in front of you.

"You know I hate Johnny." Schlatt said.

"I said it especially to piss you off." You said. "What's up?" You asked.

"Nothing special. We sold some paintings.." He said.

"We?" You asked.

"Yeah. Cara and Ant are in the car." Schlatt said.

"They not coming in?" You asked sliding the keys to you.

"Well.. long story short, they think you hate them, so they don't want to come in." He said.

Oh.

You hummed. "Well I already met Cara not a long time ago. She didn't bother to talk to me. That explains a lot." You said. "Thanks for the keys Schlatt."

"You're welcome. Sorry about the other two. I'll talk to them." He said standing up.

"You don't have to. They'll come in when they're ready." You said throwing in a forced smile.

It hurt you to hear that they're scared you might hate them. You had your ups and downs with them, but you never could've said that you hated them in any way. They were amazing, great criminals, amazing people in general.

You had your flaws, many of them. But hating them was not one of those flaws.

"Alright. Well imma go. See you soon Y/N." Schlatt said.

"You too." You said.

Schlatt said bye go Niki, who was standing there the whole time, then walked out.

You tracked him out, seeing him walk up to his car, say something them sit in. You only saw Cara for a split second, and Antony was sitting in the back.

Cara definitely fought with Ant for the front seat. They never missed a car trip without fighting over who should sit next to your dad.

Back then life was actually nice.

You turned back to Niki. "Give me something strong." You said.

Niki nodded and got you a whole bottle of Vodka. No glass, just opened the bottle and slid it to you. She took out a beer for herself and leaned on the counter, looking outside.

"They don't come back huh?" She asked.

"They never do." You said taking a sip. "This is the longest interaction I had with them in the past five years." You said. "Maybe I'm just not cool enough to visit or something." You said.

"I think you're very cool. They might just be scared." Niki said.

"They might be."