39

This whole thing was all fun and games until you realized you'd be getting injuries every mission.

First it was your knuckles, the second mission you got your nose broken, on the third one you got shot in the leg.

In-between those injuries caused by the missions, you were robbing graves too, so injuries also liked to happen through your own missions.

You didn't necessarily have a problem with that, nor did you plan to stop, but seriously, the amount of scars you were getting was crazy.

Just a minute ago you got shot at as well, they missed, but close call.

You were looking for a Nefertiti statue. Pretty rare piece.

Locating it was the easiest part, coming to Cairo and finding the memorial tomb that was made into a museum was the second easiest part, then getting into the stock office of the museum, then trying to locate it there from old documents of when they found it.

That was all easy.

Now getting through security, alone without killing anyone was a little different.

You could injure them, but couldn't kill them.

That was the only con to this gang.

The statue was in a separate area, one that was protected by a couple thick layers of steel.

It was basically a big safe. Getting into that will be no trouble, but getting to it was a whole other level of hard.

You peeped around the corner of the safe, looking at the four guards in front.

You pulled your head back. How could guards leave a well guarded safe, without dying.

You looked in the corner of the warehouse seeing a camera. You took your gun out and shot it down. Luckily you had a silencer on. Obviously to that the other three cameras would turn to you, to check what happened, so before that happened, you shot those down as well.

Cameras down.

Now to get the guards away. There's four people, if there was emergency, only two would leave. You could work with that.

You looked around the wall looking for anything, fire alarm, a normal alarm, anything to get them away from the door.

Usually you'd just shoot them in the head but obviously with this new gang policy thing, you had to keep it on a down-low.

You even put a mask on for this. That's also rare.

You finally spotted the alarm, snuck to it and prepared to pull it. 'pull in case of intruders', well you were certainly intruding in their personal space.

You pull the alarm, you have about five minutes before they turn it off and the other two guards return. You have to knock the staying ones out and get into the safe system, kill the safe alarm, move in and get the statue.

Getting out of there would be easy enough.

You just run.

"Okay." You whispered, and quickly pulled the alarm.

Timer starts now.

You peeked around the corner again seeing the two guards leave the other two, running off.

The other two turned the safety off on  their weapons and started looking for anyone.

You pulled yourself back, this is perfect, he'll find you can knock him out.

One of them walked around the corner just as planned and pointed his gun at you.

"Hey! Who are you?!"

You ran at him, before he could pull the trigger, and aimed it down making him shoot the ground.

As his arm was in the right position, you kneed him in the elbow. He dropped his gun in pain stumbling back holding his elbow. You pulled out your gun and shot him in the leg.

No killing, only injuring.

The other guard came over quickly, you aimed his gun down as well, this time using your free hand to punch him in the face. He stumbled back falling into the little decoration table, hitting his head.

That'll do.

You grabbed the last guys' phone and turned the alarm off.

In maybe a couple minutes the other two guards come back. Approximately 3. You turned your attention to the numeral lock.

They didn't seem to use it often, the buttons weren't worn out.

You looked around for maybe tape, or dust that'll make the fingerprints visible.

You didn't have much time to work with.

You picked up the guards phone again, looking at his notes, any numbers that might be the code.

You opened his contacts.

Mom
George
Melissa.

Wonder who Melissa is.

Jamie
Aliyah
Nefertiti lock

Wait who puts the password in their contacts?

Smart.

You opened it and looked at the number. You read it and started quickly typing it in.

You dropped the phone and watched as the thick safe doors open.

Three layers, impressive. 

Slowly but surely, the last room was revealed. The white lights of the room lit up, focusing on the main statue in the middle. Not very well executed.

There it was. The infamous statue of Nefertiti.

You slowly approached the podium, looking at small statue.

The eyes were like they were emeralds, but surely it was painted on. The statue wasn't pure gold, but the outside of it shined, almost blindingly, representing the very thin layer of gold on the top.

It was like a dream.

Nefertiti had these signature statues of herself, that was at the time sold in markets. They were usually made out of stone, only a special one was made out of gold and silver, for the queen herself.

You took off your backpack and unzipped it, still not taking your eyes off the statue.

You looked around the podium, looking for any triggers, or traps.

Nothing.

Okay, this is easy, you just grab it and run.

You took the statue off the podium and carefully put it in a separate pocket in your backpack.

You quickly zipped it up and threw it on your bag running out of the room. You pushed the close button the numeral lock and quickly took off the way you came in.

This was easier than you thought, didn't really go to plan, but it also felt nice to be doing something you were doing before this gang thing.

Finally some crimes.