68

Wilbur hit the wall with a pickaxe.

You watched, you couldn't do much other than watching, since your shoulder was out of business, and it'd be difficult to pickaxe out a wall with one hand that doesn't even have a pinky.

Other than the fact that you lost your ability to make full pinky promises, you were actually fine with loosing the pinky. It didn't serve much purpose.

"You know," Wilbur said while hitting the wall. "you could help."

"I would if I didn't have a shattered shoulder and the only hand I have available is missing a part. Plus I like watching you work." You smiled and leaned back in your chair.

Will scoffed and hit the wall again. This time, instead of going at it with the pick, he dropped the pickaxe and went to take the remaining bricks off by hand.

He carefully put them behind him. For a while he was making a pile, but then, the room was finally revealed.

You stood up and grabbed a flashlight, walking over to Wilbur. He grabbed his own flash light and headed into the room.

You both turned your flashlight on and was met by lot of shine.

The room was glistening like glitter, like... gold.

You walked over to one of the walls and dusted it off. Surprisingly you were met by actual gold. Probably a good 1.5 cm thick layer of gold, just sitting here.

"You see all this Will?" You asked spinning around and shining the light around.

"Gold." He said. "Pure gold?" He asked.

"Not pure. Definitely an alloy." You said. "But it's mainly gold." You walked over to a bigger square like table in the middle of the room, and dusted it off.

You read the hieroglyphics.

Ramses..

VIII?

"Will?"

He walked over.

"Read that." You said and pointed to what you just read.

He stayed silent for a second, then his eyes widened and he looked over at you.

You hurriedly put the flashlight on a shelf, so it pointed at the sarcophagus.

You dusted more off and looked at it in awe. "We were wrong all along?" Will asked and grabbed your hand.

You didn't even realize.

"It seems like the female Ramses was a decoy for the actual one... That was hidden here so that no one would suspect that it's here." You said. You looked down at your hand and up to Wilbur.

You took your hand out of his and leaned on the sarcophagus.

"This is crazy." He said. "It's amazing!" He looked around again.

"We just made history William." You said smiling. "Good job us." You said and grabbed your flashlight again.

"Yeah." He said and put his hands on his hips looking at the sarcophagus in awe.

"Hope you didn't forget about our deal though." You said.

"No. But you deserve it, so I don't care." He said and walked over to you, grabbed both of your shoulders and looked you in the eyes.

You knew that look, he was about to say something weird and all lovey-dovey.

He let go of your shoulders. "Will you come back to the UK?" He asked.

"I'm going back only to visit Ash and write my statement to the mission report. Then I'm gone." You said. "Let's focus on this tomb shall we?" You asked and walked over to the wall trying to make out what the hieroglyphics were saying.

"What about the team?" He asked. You stopped reading and turned back to him. He wasn't facing your way, he just threw it at you and let it hang in the air for a while. He said it so passive aggressively too.

"Is this some sort of emotional blackmail?" You asked.

"Absolutely not... I just asked." He said still not looking at you.

You turned back to the wall and continued reading. Your dad was so wrong about the grave. He literally tricked a whole agency, and you. Clever man he was.

The question still troubled you. You missed your team of course, but you also made a promise to never come back, you were fired after all.

"I don't know." You answered to his question. "I don't know what will happen to my team." You said.

"I'm not in management anymore, I can't fire you again." He said.

"That's certainly better." You said and turned to him. "I'd have to think about it." You said.

"Your team needs you." He added.

You didn't bother to answer to that, you clearly know what he meant by it. And it was true, your team does need you, you're their captain, their friend, they need that friend for direction. For fucks sake they couldn't even make up a plan in two days without you.

At least your plan was solid.

And this was basically an invite back from William. He is right about that, that's for sure. But he's also wrong about so many things and you didn't want to work with him.

He fired you for no reason after all, and that you could simply never forgive.

Deep down though, you did sort of miss the thing you had before he fucked up everything. He was definitely a rare man. He was an amazing one to begin with. But it's his actions that made you want to never talk to him again.

You could never forget all the mean shit he said, but at some point you would forgive him.

At some point, is going to take a while, it's not easy to forgive a backstab. But what happened already happened, you couldn't do much to reverse it.

It's on you the way you solve the problem.

You actually had mixed feelings about it. You had no clue what to do. And the only person who'd be able to give you valuable advice is dead.

You'll have to figure this out later, you have a whole new discovery to think about now, you needed to put personal life on the side for a second so you could focus.

Yet that's still really difficult to do.