61

"Carla get inside." He pulled Carla inside and almost closed the door, but just before he did you stopped him from doing so.

"You can't get rid of me that fast, what the fuck is going on?" You asked.

"What are you doing in El Paso?" He asked.

"I live here! What are you doing here?"

Your dad sighed. "Alright come in." He said.

You walked in bumping into him purposefully. The house was nice from the inside too, it was a pretty open space, the kitchen and the living room was opened together, one room to the left and a staircase right across the front door. Carla stood helplessly in the middle of the room looking at you confused.

You walked straight into the kitchen and started looking for a Medical kit.

"What are you searching for?" You dad asked.

"A med kit." You said. "I'm bleeding and Carla isn't looking so bright either."

"We don't have a med kit." Your dad said. You slammed the cabinet door and bit your lip in frustration.

"Okay." You thought for a second. "Rubbing alcohol?" You asked.

"Yeah, in the bottom cabinet." He said pointing to one under the sink.

You opened it, grabbed the rubbing alcohol and got some paper towels.

You poured some alcohol on the paper towel and cleaned your face first. It stung like a bitch, but at least it'll be clean. It definitely needed some stitches though, so as soon as you got home you needed to open your own self made clinic for yourself before it gets infected or something.

You dropped the bloody paper towel in the trash and doused another one.

"Come here." You said to Carla. She dropped her purse and walked over to you. "Stay very still. This will hurt like hell." You said. You carefully wiped the cut under her eye, then the one on her forehead. She winced pulling back a little. "Show me your arms." You said. She stretched her arms out. They didn't have any cuts, just some bruises.

"Alright. Go wash them off in clean water. The bruises need to be iced. You should be fine in a week or two." You said and dropped the paper towel in the trash. Carla nodded and turned around, heading up the stairs.

"You're good." Your dad said.

"I'm a trained medic dad. Of course I'm good." You said. "Mind explaining me what's going on? Why is Carla calling you dad?"

"Yeah, I adopted Carla." He said. "When I got out of jail, I got my record cleaned and adopted her not so long after."

"So Carla is you trying to fix the mistakes you made with the four of us?" You asked.

"No! That's not... Not what I intended when I adopted her."

"Seems to me you've been doing a great job at raising her. Wonder if you could've done that with us too." You said.

"I know I was absent. And I'm sorry about that."

"That's a really uncreative apology dad." You said. "I haven't heard from you in the past two years and you moved to El Paso, adopt a girl, and your whole tone changed. Seriously the only thing that's the same about you is that you're still bald." You said and crossed your arms.

"Baldness isn't reversible. And you're right I'm a changed man. I'm retired from crime." He said.

"Right. I just hope you won't fuck her up too. 'Cause she's a good kid as it seems." You said.

"She's amazing."

"Who else knows about her?" You asked.

"Your mother does."

"Glad you hold contact with her. Haven't heard of her for almost a decade." You said.

"She's in Tokyo. But tell me how are you?"

"You want the whole thing?"

"Sure I have time."

"Alright." You sighed. "Well I got hired into a gang, which is made up of all of the jobs I ever had, had a lovely time, got a boyfriend, they put me into a task force, our captain, Ash, died, he chose me to become the new captain, I saved a girl from being trafficked, got blown up but luckily I only lost my pinky, my boyfriend fired me, I broke up with him, split up my task force, left the UK, came to El Paso and apparently I have a sister." You said.

"That's a handful."

"Yeah and there's more I probably forgot." You said.

"And you're doing fine right?"

"Oh now you care about my health and well-being? Strange you couldn't do that for twenty something years." You said.

"Aren't you eighteen?"

"You're really behind on the time dad." You said. "Add about nine more years."

"Your siblings?" He asked.

"Cara has anger issues, she doesn't talk to me, Anthony has a boyfriend, also doesn't talk to me, and Schlatt.... He's hopeless." You said.

"Hopeless?"

"Dad he's..." You couldn't really explain his situation. "He's depressed really. He denies that he's your son, he doesn't even want to hear your name." You said.

Your dad looked down disappointed in himself.

"I care about Jonathan. I just want him to be okay-"

"You never cared dad. You never cared about the neither of us." You said. "We had to depend on eachother." You leaned back on the counter. "They called you when I was in the hospital and you never showed up." You said.

"I didn't have time."

"Yeah. You never do. Schlatt showed up though. And he was there in recovery, physical therapy, he was there when I got discharged. You were supposed to be there too but your were too busy with what exactly?" You asked.

"Missions."

"Right and you're retired." You said.

"There are a lot of missions that need to be done. You could help me." He said.

"It depends on how much you pay me." You said. "Also I really don't have interest in taking missions from you."

"This one will interest you." He said.

"Spit it out. I don't have the whole night." You said.

"Diamonds. Millions of dollars worth. A very rich guy offered me even more money if I get it in the next month."

"I can do it in a day." You said.

"Oh no it isn't that easy. There are a lot of people to kill through. A safe to get into."

"How many people? And don't worry about the safe. I'll get in." You said.

"Sixty probably." Your dad said. "But you can't take them alone, we already have a team set up, we have files about to too-"

"I won't need a team." You said. You looked at the clock. Already 11:30 pm. "I gotta go dad. But I'm in with this whole thing." You said and headed to the door. As you went to grab the knob, you looked over to the wall right of the door. That's where the keys of the house were hanging.

You looked back at your dad, he was looking at something in the fridge. You swiftly took the key off the wall.

Maybe it'll come in handy sometime.