49

"I just don't get it." You said.

"What exactly do you not get?!" Will asked raising his voice.

After this whole meeting you decided to talk to him about this big mission, that he should take you with him. But he denied, he said it's dangerous.

"I don't get why can't I go. You go out there, risk everything, and expect me to be okay with that?" You yelled back.

"I'm asking you to stay put and follow orders. You..."

"Me? Me what? C'mon finish your sentence." You got closer to him.

"You are simply incapable of doing what you're told. I don't want you to risk your life, in a warzone!" Will yelled.

"Oh? Incapable of doing what I'm told? I think I've been doing pretty good with that one. I'm still learning, yeah, I admit, but you know what William? I stuck around just for you." You said. "Because I love your dumb fucking face."

"I'm worried about what you do to yourself out on missions. You come home with more injuries than you ever gotten in the past fifteen years!"

"In the past fifteen years I didn't have to work with other people! I am worried about your bitchass, going to war with the fucking Scottish government!"

"You've been doing nothing but having a war with yourself-"

"You don't know anything about me. You may know my actions, but inside," you pointed at your head. "You know nothing."

"I don't want to loose you." William said. "You are all I have left- I don't want to loose you."

"Me neither smartass! Let me go with you. So I can protect you."

"I don't need protecting. I think I can protect myself pretty well, thank you."

"Will you are going to die out there."

"I'll try not to." Will said.

"You didn't hear a single word I said?"

"I heard you well. You're staying home."

"Will-"

"No questions asked. You stay here, and wait for me to come back if you please. If you don't," he walked closer to you. "I'll understand that too."

"But you don't understand what I'm trying to say, I don't want you to die without me there, if you die I want to be there, I don't want you to be alone."

"I'll hold on for you. Just stay home and look out for the others."

"I can't let you go."

"I-" his phone started ringing. He took it out from his pocket. "Ah, shit it's Ash. I gotta go. We'll talk about this when I come back. But you stay here." You looked in the club and saw Ash at the counter slowly hang up the phone as Will walked in.

As Will saw Ash he lowered the phone, he already put to his ear, and with his head down walked into the only staff room, Ash following him behind.

You forgot that you were outside.

You just stood there emotionlessly looking into the pub.

What the fuck did just happen.

God you should've phrased that better. But he clearly didn't want you to go, he'd rather go on a death mission than have you helping him. All hands on deck, that's what James said, you were a hand on deck, you could help. Why did he want to do this alone.

You had nothing to loose. He had so much behind him. So many friends, family. All of your family would simply not care if you ended up dead.

You slowly walked into the pub and sat down at the empty counter.

Maybe Ash heard it all and changed is mind about you becoming leader. But what then? He said you are the most qualified person, you didn't want a stranger to lead 141.

Everything was a little too much in you head. All you could think about is this stupid argument.

'We'll talk about it when I come back.' What if he doesn't come back. What if this is the last thing you say to him, the last time you talk to each other is when you are angry.

But he left, he's gearing up now.

You sat there in the empty room.

Clock was ticking, the clicks somehow gotten slower in your head.

As you sat there, you started wondering, if this was the last time you saw eachother.

Maybe you two were never meant to be in the first place.

"Hey." Niki came up to you. "You're still here?" She asked.

"Yeah." You said.

"What's up?" She sat down next to you.

"Nothing. I'll just uh... Get going." You said and got up.

"Is it Will? That he's leaving?"

"No. Let's just go." You said, then started walking out. "Can I crash at your place tonight?" You asked.

"I thought you were staying in Will's apartment. What happened to that?"

"I don't want to be in his empty apartment." You said.

"Oh sure. Jack won't mind you using his room." Niki said.

"You live with Jack?" You asked.

"Yeah, he's my roommate, quite annoying sometimes. But he's on a mission today, so it's just going to be us two!" Niki said.

"Alright. Where's your car?" You asked looking at the parking lot.

"I don't have a car, I'm guessing you need to pick some clothes up from your apartment." Niki said.

"Yeah, then I'll drive." You said and took your keys out, unlocking your car.

Niki walked over to the passenger side and sat in. You stood at the door for a little bit, looking back at the pub. As you stood there, an armoured car pulled up, and went around the building.

When you needed to suit up for a mission, usually an armoured army vehicle picks everyone up, so it's not as suspicious as a fully geared up guy in a personal car.

You didn't know he's going to be gone that fast. You thought at least you could talk about this whole thing before he left. But that war must be escalating fast if they left this fast.

You just hope they'll come back in one piece.

You still need him around.