52

You ran in the pub looking around for Niki.

Since you couldn't spot her, you quickly ran over to a security guard. "Where are they?" You asked panting. "The unit.." you tried your hardest to catch your breath.

"Already in the ER." He said.

"Thank you!" You said and started running again. You pushed the only staff door in and basically sprinted down the hallway, Nick closely behind you.

You pressed the elevator button god knows how many times, at least until the doors opened.

You hurried in and pressing the button to the ER.

It shouldn't take you too long to get down. Maybe half a minute.

It still feels like ages.

Was Will alive? Ash? Who died? Are they okay?

So many questions flew across your head, and even if you tried to calm down, your nerves got the best of you.

"C'mon... C'mon.." You whispered as the elevator got to the ER's floor. The doors weren't even open all the way yet, you were already running to the reception.

You leaned on the counter trying to catch your breath again.

Your vision cleared.

You looked around the ER and saw the absolute bloodbath that was taking place.

So many soldiers were injured, dripping blood on the pearly white floor.

Where's Wilbur?

You turned back to the receptionist lady. "William Gold. Where is he." You asked.

"We still have to check in all the survivors. I'm sorry I don't know where he could be." She said. "I mean in which group."

"Group?"

"Casualties or Survivors." She said.

"How many dead?"

"I'd say about a hundred and fifty."

So Wilbur could be anywhere. 150 people are dead. And about 400 people left. Meaning the rest is injured or have a clear bill of health.

How will you find him. There's 250 people here. Plus minus the people who aren't from this exact mission.

You started walking down the hallway, looking at every person who stood my the walls.

Some didn't even have faces, just bloody bandages. Some were missing limbs.

This was gruesome. And you couldn't even help.

Looking side to side, checking everyone you saw. A guy almost tricked you into thinking he was Will.

You passed a couple operating rooms, you looked in there too, no sign of Wilbur.

You started getting nervous. What if he was dead? Don't let this happen. Not to you. Not anymore. You didn't want anymore pain. You didn't want more death. All of this was just a bad dream. All of the suffering and bad luck and death. They were all just a nightmare.

Where are you Will? Why did you insist on you staying here. You could've helped. You wanted to. It was all hands on deck! You should've been there. If he was dead, you could never forgive yourself.

Why.. why now. Why couldn't this war wait. You are all for violence, but when it's a war, with mass destruction, you were very much against it.

"Y/n!" Wilbur? You looked around you, where's the voice coming from?

"Will?" You finally spotted him. "Will!" You sprinted to him almost falling a couple times.

He was standing leaning at a wall. He didn't look like he had major injuries, he was a little bloody, but that might not be his.

He's alive. He didn't die. He's here, he's actually here.

You fell into his arms, pulling him down to the floor with you. At this point you couldn't help but to cry. He didn't die.

"Are you okay?" You asked pulling away from the hug. You grabbed his chin and turned his face to see any wounds, then looked at his chest for shot wounds or stab wounds.

"I'm fine.." he said little out of breath.

"But?"

"But Ash." He said and started to panic.

His breathing got faster.

"Hey. Hey, Hey, Will, not now mate. What happened?" You asked. He was having a damn panic attack. "Breathe. C'mon sweetheart, deep breaths." You said and put your hand on his chest.

His heart was pounding.

He took a deep breath in and slowly exhaled.

"He was shot... Protecting me." He said between breaths. He completely broke down.

"Is he dead?" You asked. No answer. "Wilbur is he dead?"

He shook his head. "I don't know.." he sobbed.

You took a deep breath. "Are you hurt?" You asked.

"Just a couple scratches." He said trying to calm his breathing down. "I don't know where he is." He said breaking down again. "They took him. I don't know where."

"It's okay." You said. "It's going to be okay." You pulled his head into your chest, caressing the back of his head. "He's going to be fine." You said. That was maybe to calm yourself down too. You really had no idea if he was okay. You didn't know if everything was going to be okay.

Who are you kidding. No one is okay. Just look around. Everyone is injured, if not physically, then mentally definitely. No one made it out with no scars. Definitely not Wilbur. He looked like he hasn't slept in days.

Suddenly all your anger that you had for him, disappeared, he needed you, and you needed him.

"Y/n!"

"Not now." You said.

"Ash is in OR." Niki said.

"What?" You shot up from Will. He got up too, but way slower.

"He was shot multiple times, hit an artery, and shot through in two places." Niki said. She turned around and started running towards an OR, you and Will followed her behind.

She walked into a watch room.

You looked into the operating room. On the table was Ash.

Surgeons rushing around him, trying to patch up the destruction of a war.

How did this happen. You knew you should've went along with them. Maybe then this wouldn't have happened.

He was going to die and you weren't there to help him.

Wilbur walked over to the glass and put his forehead against it, you walked over next to him, watching as the surgeons did their best.

It can't end like this.