58

You walked into the pub all happy, expecting a warm welcome from Niki you always get.

You were disappointed to see the whole of V-326 in the pub, in complete silence, drinking their beers.

"Hey guys." You said. "What's up?" You asked.

Niki sighed. "James wants to see you. He wasn't happy this morning." She said. Suddenly you started thinking. You didn't do anything wrong in your knowledge, you haven't even been to work since your last mission in India. Or maybe that was the reason he wasn't happy. You definitely did something by accident that he didn't like.

"Okay." You said.

"Good luck." Jack said. You nodded and walked into the only staff hallway. The main conference room was one floor down. Just the usual.

It did feel kind of nostalgic. The last time you were really called down there was when Ash asked you to become captain. But you didn't know of any special occasions, or new members, not even missions coming in. Wilbur has been acting up as well. He hasn't properly held your hand in the past couple days.

This definitely had something to do with you. This wasn't a matter they wanted to discuss with you first.

You walked into the conference room, not sure what to expect.

Every personnel of the management was there. James looked more pissed than you ever seen him, Will looked emotionless.

You were standing in the circle of eyes, looking straight through you.

"Thank you for joining us." James said. "Please take a seat." He said and pointed to a free seat next to the paramedics's captain.

You walked over and slowly sat down. "What's this about?" You asked.

"So sorry in advance." James said. "Gold. Take it away." He looked at Wilbur with pure disgust, then looked away closing his eyes.

Will cleared his throat. "Y/n L/n better known as Y/n Calvin or Vulture-01, I, William Gold, Herby as the second hand manager of Tinea ad flamma, put you out of duty permanently, for a  reckless and irresponsible call, disobeying several orders, showing signs of poor anger management, injuring a life of an innocent man and not managing to keep your own teams safety in order." Will said.

"Excuse me?" You said.

"In English, you are fired." James said.

"Fired?" You asked. "What the hell do you mean fired?"

"I just listed the reasons." Will said.

"I don't get it." You said.

"You ran into that building after me and dragged Mark out, disobeying direct order. You could've killed the three of us, and injured many more." Will said.

"Are you serious?" You asked. "I saved him because he's part of my team. I wasn't about to let him die in there. And I saved you because you are my partner. Are you actually mental?" You said.

"You ignored direct order."

"How many times are you going to repeat yourself goddamnit! I get it-"

"Y/n you were voted off. The majority of this conference voted against you." Will said.

You looked around the room. It was clear who voted against you and who didn't. The people who wanted you gone didn't look you in the eyes.

"James?"

"I didn't authorize the vote. I got here in the middle. Rightfully, if I'm not here, Will's in charge." He said.

"You are a dangerous part of the agency. So we have to let you go."