4

"When? Now?" Wilbur asked.

"Yes now I'm going to have to leave for a day or two." You said. Wilbur looked disappointed but you didn't care what he thought about this.

Clay was going to pay you the money he owes you, or you'll have one more man on your list crossed off.

"But why?" Wilbur asked. You were considering telling him that your dad is a con-man but that would completely out you.
"I'm going to be hanging out with an old buddy." You said, that was obviously a lie.
"Oh. That's fine then." Will said closing up his laptop.
"Please don't make me feel bad. I'm going away for a day or two to sort him out."
"I said it's fine. You don't need to feel bad." Will said standing up. "I mean we're friends... You can have your own thing-"

"Since when did we declare ourselves as friends?" You asked cutting him off. "I mean you're cool and all but we're not nearly friends." You said. Wilbur's face fell.
"Oh. I thought.. well then.."
"I'll go now." You said grabbing your documents. "See you 'round William." You said and walked out the door. When you closed the door you heard Wilbur hit the table. You never would've thought he wanted to be friends.

Bold of him to even assume that you out of anyone would wanted to be his friend. He is cool and cute, handsome but friends? Absolutely not. You needed to get ready for Clay. That will be a rough day.

You walked over to your own room and opened it. You didn't feel bad for Wilbur. It was for his own good anyways. No one wants to be friends with a murderer and grave thief anyway.

You dropped your documents and packed up anything that you could need. Clay said his plane is landing tomorrow. You knew that it's a lie and he was calling you from the plane's bathroom. He did that a bunch of times before.

It still hasn't registered that your dad is out of jail. He obviously escaped from prison since his sentence didn't end for 6 more years. But he was just as impatient as you, can't just sit in prison forever can you now.

You pulled your suitcase out from underneath your bed and put it on the bed. You stacked up your papers and put tape around it securing them in one place.

You scooped your clothes to one side and put the papers next to it. You looked around the room one more time and grabbed a note and a pen to write a small letter to Will.

'Sorry that I said we aren't friends. We could be if you really in the need of friends or whatever. I'll see you 'round (trust me you will)- Y/N'

You folded the paper nicely and picked up your suitcase walking out the door. You didn't lock it this time, you just left it open for the cleaning ladies to get in easier. You walked over to Will's door and slid the little paper under it. You then walked over to the elevator and pressed the button.

The door soon opened and you stood in and pressed the L button for Lobby. The doors closed and the elevator music started.

You had a clue what Clay wanted. Little birds probably told him you got your hands on a map to Ramses' tomb. You and Clay were partners back in the '10s. He was really big on the internet at the time, big following meant big money. When he started robbing graves with you he deleted all his social media and with that all his bag.

You raided more that 20 graves with him, sharing the loot 50-50. He then decided that he didn't need you anymore and left without any goodbyes. A couple times you saved his ass from the police. Therefore he owes you more that his life at this point.

The elevator door opened again and you stepped out. You walked over to the reception. "Leaving so soon?" The lady asked taking the key.
"I didn't expect to leave either. But here we are." You said. "Have a great day." You said and rushed away before the lady could say anything. You unlocked your car and opened the back door. You put in your bag and closed the door. You jogged around the car and jumped into the driving seat. You started the car and floored the gas pedal, leaving as fast as you could.

You got on the main road and when the car was going smoothly on the empty street you turned on your GPS to the airport.

You weren't sure where anything was on this waste land. Sand everywhere not a man to be seen. Sure boring if you're not in the big city.

"In a kilometre turn right." Said the GPS lady. At least you'll have some quality time to your own thoughts.

You could of your phone wasn't ringing again. "Hello?" You answered.

"Thought you'd be a little more happy about your old man." Your dad said. Clay was right.

"How the actual fuck did your get out of jail?"
"A magician doesn't share their secrets do they?"
"Cut the bullshit dad, what do you want?"
"I want to have quality time with my kid."
"You have multiple, you can choose, now kindly fuck off." You said and hung up the phone. You were kinda harsh on him but when your dad is a con-man what else could you do.

It was time to get rid of him anyways. He'd just be in your way.
"Turn right." The GPS lady said. You turned the wheel sharp right and changed gears. "In five-hundred metres turn left." She said again.

You had enough problems with Clay at the airport. Now your dad is out you also had to watch out for him. If you saw him you'll turn him in, you didn't want to deal with his bullshit anyways.