10

"When? Today?" You asked over the phone.

You've been getting calls for a while from the same number. But never bothered to answer. You were really busy to answer some unknown phonecalls.

Turns out it was someone you knew from a while back got in a hospital in Cairo. He got a couple injuries, not too deadly, but he was unstable to begin with. Unstable meaning diabetic. Nothing special.

"Yes, today. But all is fine if you can come over and see him. He said he only wants to see you." The nurse said.

"And he won't let anyone else in?" You asked.

"No." The nurse said. You sighed and got your car keys off the your table. "Bill only wants to talk to you Mx."

You weren't too far from Cairo. But far enough to be a whole day ride. You walked out of your tent and walked over to you jeep.

You didn't quite realize, but Clay was walking behind you, like a poodle, listening to who you were talking to. You finally hung up slipping your phone into your pocket. Your head was almost pounding over the annoying voice of the nurse, but you had no choice but to leave and see Bill.

"Who was that?" Clay asked.

"A nurse. From a hospital in Cairo. Bill got into a stupid accident and now I have to pick him up." You said.

"Don't tell me he'll join us." Clay said, with deep concern in his voice. You just looked at him not saying anything, moving or making a specific facial expression. "Oh for fucks sake!" Clay said and stormed away angrily.

"I didn't even say anything!" You screamed after him. He didn't hate Bill that much, but he definitely didn't like him for a lot of reasons. You looked to your left to see Wilbur looking at Clay who was almost throwing a tantrum like a toddler would.

"Bill said he wanted to take Clay's mom on a date. He hates him now." You said trying to justify his attitude.

"You're going to Cairo?" Will asked.

"Yeah. Shouldn't take too long, just going to pick him up and get him here. He won't be annoying at all." You said.

Last part was a lie. He was going to be so annoying, but you didn't really have a choice. He didn't want to talk to anyone else, his mom probably doesn't even know he's in Cairo. You didn't even know he was here, how would his parents know.

But oh shit, you have to deal with him or he'll roam around Egypt like a homeless guy.

You promised his mom you'll watch over him. That was 2 years ago, but it still applies today.

"Alright. It's okay with me if I don't have to deal with him. Also when you get back we'll have to get on putting pieces together." Will said.

"Obviously. I'll get going. Bill will start throwing hands if I don't get there in time." You said and jumped into your car.

"Okay. Be careful on the road." Will said and pat the door of your Jeep and walked right away.

You looked after him chewing on your lips. He was making you feel some kind of way. But until you can't be sure he doesn't want to kill you, you can't fall for him at all.

If you do and he's a bad person, he'll kill you before you could even make out with him.

You started the car and turned on the radio. Some messy Arabic news came on, didn't understand a single word from the static noise, but it didn't matter, in a minute you'll be listening to badly made Egyptian artists' music.

And this time there won't be any AUX cord of Clay's to numb the pain of the autotuned Arabic music. Not to be mean to the lovely artists of Egypt, but some of them really need to drop the autotune, and stick with their natural voice.

Or the radio just simply needs to find music that isn't heavily autotuned like everything.

But could be worse.

You looked back in your mirror at the camp. It was quite early, only you, Will and Clay were up and about. You didn't know about the others but you were sure most of them were still asleep.

It's been a while since you went to Cairo. Last time you went to a big city in Egypt, you got arrested. Luckily you got your description deleted and every picture of you hacked off the internet and police online files.

That took you an insanely amount of time to do in general, not to mention the amount of photos you needed to take off. Mugshots, drawings, illustrations. But slowly you've been forgotten by police and the people in Egypt.

You don't remember Cairo as much though, you do remember that you almost got mugged twice when you were there. Not that it mattered, you didn't have any valuables on you, so they left you alone.

Other than that, nothing really stayed from Cairo. Maybe the food had an impact on you. But really anything other than the food and the mugging, the hot weather and the beggars, nothing sticked with you as much.

Your mind trailed off pretty easily to Bill. You had 2 guesses of what happened to him. One he got jumped on the streets, two he had a diabetic attack or whatever they are, and was beaten up before, then got taken to the hospital and they almost thought he died.

It doesn't matter, most important thing is that he's alive and well and ready to come home with you.

Although you did wonder if his parents know about his stealing and killing tendencies. Again doesn't matter, he just needed to take a break, and stick with you for a while.

You didn't necessarily like the idea of him being around you and being annoying, but you didn't have a choice. If you had, you'd leave him in the hospital to roam on his own. Sadly choices don't exist in this scenario.