27

You weren't necessarily hungry, but spending time with Wilbur made you say yes to the dinner offer.

Plus you haven't eaten proper pizza in a while, it was only for good after being drugged.

You followed Wilbur to a really big tent, it was at least 20ft long. The faint chatter sound and the strong smell of pizza gave an aesthetic feel to the situation.

You followed Will closely into the tent, and as you stepped in eyes darted to you two. If you weren't getting shot and dying from that, you were going to have a heart attack from a panic attack. 

But the staring didn't last too long, everyone went back to chatting and eating up their lovely pizzas.

You looked around at the number of people that were there. About a hundred if you had to guess. This many people in one gang and all of them came to participate in this expedition. This was a big thing they had, and they seemed to be completely okay with being here.

When you gazed back at a corner of a room you spotted Jack and Phil waving you over.

You followed Will to the table and sat down next to Tommy who was stuffing his face like there was no tomorrow. "Hi." He said between bites.

"Hello, Tommy." You said taking a slice for yourself. Wilbur also sat next to you and did the same.  

"How are you?" Niki asked. 

"Could be better. I mean I was just drugged by a dart that can put a horse to sleep."  You said taking a bite from the pizza.  It was a good pizza, nothing special, just perfect. 

"Are you joining us?" Toby cut right to the chase. Took you by surprise a little, since no decision was made yet. So far your opinion about this gang was the same as before. You had no idea if it was a good idea to join. 

The money was great, the people were even greater but still, was it worth it? You'd be doing the thing you do the best, and your name would be instantly cleared of all the crimes you ever did, so it was some sort of advantage. And it wouldn't fall on your bad side to be closer to Will. 

"I'm not sure yet." You said. "For now I'll say that I will, and that might change." 

"Alright. Let's change the topic. How's family? Johnatan?" Phil asked. Unusual topic to change to.  

"When people ask about my family, Schlatt isn't the first person they ask about." You said. "But I'm not sure how he is. We haven't talked in a damn while."  Johnathan was the last person in your family who you haven't called in the past 3 years. He didn't appreciate the fact that you didn't share your money with him and while he was angry, he went to the UK and opened a bar for drunk drug addict trashbags like him. You loved the guy don't dare anyone get it wrong, but he couldn't expect you to give your money to him. 

He'd be on cloud nine if he found out you were planning on joining a gang. Would plaster you on walls and tell everyone how good of a big sibling he has. 

"You don't hold contact with him?" Niki asked.

"No, not really. He's complicated. But I love him don't get me wrong, he's just difficult." You said between bites.

"Why's his name Schlatt?" Toby asked. "I mean you two are siblings. Isn't he supposed to be Calvin?"

"Schlatt is my mother's last name. He didn't want to be associated with dad just like me, so he picked up mom's name." You said finishing your pizza.

"Your father must suck." Jack said.

"He's okay, but he's a well-known criminal." You said taking another slice of pizza, but before biting into it, your phone, which magically stayed in your pocket, started ringing.

You sighed and put the pizza down and took your phone out.

Speak of the devil. Schlatt's calling. "Sorry. Gotta take this." You said and stood up walking out of the tent.

You answered it and sighed again. "Hello?"

"Hey, long time no see." Schlatt said.

"Yeah. Kinda missed you, kinda didn't. What's up?" You said picking the skin on your finger.

"How's it going?"

"Could be better. You know I'm on an expedition just like always, turns out the people I'm with are part of a gang, got shot in the neck with a sleeping dart and now I'm eating pizza with them." You summed up. "You?"

"Damn. Alright, I mean whatever you think is best for your health. I'm okay, but I need a favor." He said.

"What favor?" You asked kicking the ground.

"Can I borrow your house in Florida?" He asked. "I have a deal there, I don't want to miss out on it, but it requires me to stay and I don't want to pay for the hotel."

"Sure. But I have the key with me so if you want it you have to wait until I go back to London." You said. "Wait what kinda deal?"

"Paintings." He said. "When are you coming back?"

"I don't know maybe in a week or two." You said.

"Cool. That's good." He said. He stayed silent for a second, you thought about hanging up but before you could he started talking again. "So you joining the gang or what?" He asked. 

"Uh, well thinking about it. It's a great deal. Three hundred grand every month. And probably more every mission. And there's this guy here too, he's great as well." You said 

"Okay so let me get this straight. You got captured by a gang-"

"Not captured, shot."

"Then shot, and now they're asking you to join and you'll probably say yes because there's a hot guy in it that you want to get closer to?"

"Yes."

"You didn't even think that it could be a trap?"

"Nope. I can make decisions for myself Schlatt. And they're really serious about what they do." You said. 

"Okay then. Just be safe out there. Don't plan on finding out that you're dead in a ditch somewhere in Cairo." Schlatt said. 

"You got it, bro. See you around." 

"Yeah. Bye."

"Bye Schlatt." He hung up. You stared at the just-called number for a second. You hoped you had the key for the Florida house, it'd be a shame if you left it somewhere. You slipped the phone back into your pocket and walked back into the tent. 

Maybe joining them isn't that of a bad idea after all.