22

You were wrong.

So horribly wrong. Well at least for the most part. The sleep wasn't really the best, and you woke up like you never even slept at all.

You felt around the mattress realising that Wilbur was long gone, and he was already telling everyone about how you cuddled him to sleep.

You unravelled from the sheets and looked around the room spotting Wilbur sitting on the floor looking over some papers.

"Will?" You asked getting up.

"Oh, N/N. How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"Where did the nickname come from? Doesn't matter. What time is it?" You asked fixing your clothing that you clearly had to change since you sweat so much.

"Two pm. Why?" Will said looking over to you. You really didn't notice how beautiful he looked at that moment. The small light coming from the window on the tent, and the lanterns inside, casted at a perfect angle on his face, highlighting his cheekbones, and nose.

It wasn't something you were able to look away from.

"Oh.. uh no reason." You said quickly fixing your hair and walking straight to your bag that you dropped at the door. "Come outside whenever you're done with what you're doing. We have work to do." You said awkwardly smiling at him then opening the door to the tent and walking out like nothing happened.

The sun hit your face as you walked out, somehow giving you an instant headache. You focused your eyes and looked around trying to spot people.

Not so far away Phil, Clay and Jack were talking, leaving Bill out of the conversation, who was standing around them, trying to get a word in whenever he could. Niki was rushing around, bringing shovels, and whatever she could find to help getting this opening larger.

Clay easily spotted you rushing out of Will's tent and followed you when you walked by them.

He didn't say anything trying to catch up to you, but he could easily see you were somewhat flustered

You were probably tomato red because of Wilbur.

"What happened?" Clay asked in a mischievous voice.

"Don't act like you don't know Mister Paparazzi. Can I at least choose the photos you show to people?" You asked walking to your tent.

"Too late for that. Listen if we're going to execute a plan like that, you can't fall in love." He said.

"Clay... I get it, but this was absolutely out of my control." You said stopping by the door. You were far enough from anyone, so you were good to talk about anything.

"Okay but if you don't want to go through with it, we could just abandon it?"

"No! We won't stop this just 'cause I have crush. We need this grave, we need what's inside." You exclaimed.

"But if you love the guy?"

"Clay I don't love him. I've gotten over worse crushes in my lifetime. Like that one guy in middle school."

"Jared?"

"Jar...Jared? No we hated him. The other one!" You answered. "Point is I don't care."

"I thought you liked Jared. Then what was his name?"

"Is this what you're caught up on?"

"Yes." He said.

"His name was George, Clay." You said crossing your arms.

"Oh yeah! Yeah he was hot. But really, if you didn't want to go through with it. I'm not against leaving." Clay said smiling.

"I guess you just want to leave?" You asked.

"Well not necessarily." He said.

"Ah. Well we're still going through with it." You said. "And when all this is over, we'll go to Disneyland." You said walking into your tent to change.

"Alright. I'll tell Nick!" Clay said closing the tent door and walking away. You sighed and sat down talking off your shirt and searching for a new one.

Clay's doubt about this plan made you question yourself. You were sure this'll work when you first got here, with only a little bit of emotions towards Wilbur. This was way more than that now. You weren't sure if you needed to do this. Also you weren't sure if Nick was lying about this.

Yeah you knew him for long enough now, but it wasn't like you actually knew anything about this Tinea ad flamma. That could just be a big lie and they aren't out to kill you.

But who are you kidding. Making up excuses just to save Wilbur probably won't work especially when there's so much proof that they're up to no good.

Love is dead, and it'll always be dead. It's not something worth to trouble over, you'll end up getting hurt in the end anyways.

Love died a long time ago. And whenever you wanted to replace it, you woke up in a hospital bed with people washing your stomach out.

You pulled out a clean shirt, put on some deodorant and quickly put it on.

You just wanted get over it faster rather than waiting more. Disneyland sounded so good at that moment, you needed a little bit of relaxation.

For fucks sake it felt like the universe just wanted to waste your gas on stupid shit like Nick and Bill.

You took out your phone to look at text messages, a couple missed calls from dad, and hundreds of messages from one of your sisters. You honestly thought she hated you since she was a cop. But apparently she still had some love in her heart for you. Two texts from Clay. Photos.

You opened them looking at the pro photography pictures of you and Wilbur cuddling.

He had his arms wrapped around you and your forehead was in the crook of his neck. 9/10, would recommend, but minus 1 since your legs look like they're broken on the photos.

You closed your phone and put it in your pocket. You grabbed a cold drink from the cooler, and hurried out of the tent.

As you finished drinking your water, you spotted Phil hurrying towards you. When he saw that you saw him, he waved you over.

You quickly walked over closing your water bottle.

"We found the entrance!" Phil said out of breath.