50

How long has it been? Like 3 weeks, since they left.

And only one of those 3 weeks you spent at Niki's house. The rest, at the agency's dorms.

But those 3 weeks felt like years have passed. Every day felt like a decade of your lifetime was taken away from you.

There was no certain date of when they were coming back, and you didn't want to miss it by any chance. If they came back you wanted to be there. No matter how long you had to wait, you'll wait forever of you had to.

It seemed crazy. Because it was. But you couldn't just go around and have fun when Will could be out there dying.

You needed him to tell you himself that he's safe, and you will be happy. Until that day, you are not leaving this room.

You were closed into this little dorm for almost a month, only getting out to buy food, and get some drinks up in the pub.

You felt depressed.

And you knew everyone else saw it too. It was pretty obvious that you weren't on top in the past weeks.

You missed Will, had a horrible remorse about the argument too. It felt like everything was going wrong.

Every time you went up into the radio station and radioed Will, he ignored you, didn't answer. Eventually you gave up trying to talk to him. You had no clue why he was doing this, but it was hurting you to even think about it. You knew, deep down, that he was okay, but you didn't know if something was going to go wrong.

You were the only person in this agency who had no idea what is happening to their partner. And that scared you.

You layed in bed every day, all day. Doing absolutely nothing, hoping that maybe today they'll come home and you can finally see Will.

Not sure if he wanted to see you, he did say you will talk when he comes back, but who knows if he'll come home, if he does, what kind of injuries will he have, or will he be able to walk, or talk, or see. Maybe you were overthinking it, Will is a skilled man after all, but even then, anything could happen.

You heard a knock on your door. "Come in." You said.

The door opened and Sapnap stepped in, slowly closing the door behind him.

"Are you going to sit around all day or come with us for a race?"

"You're very straight forward today." You said.

"We're worried about you Y/n. I just want to get you out a little bit. Get some fresh air and maybe some fast food on the way back." Nick said.

"You don't have to be worried about me Nick. I'm okay." You said. Biggest lie you told in a while.

"Okay that's not true. C'mon just come with me and you'll have fun I promise." Nick said.

"What kind of race?" You asked.

"Street racing. Illegal but it's legal 'cause we are doing it."

"Like with cars?" You asked a very obvious question.

"That's what street racing is." Nick said.

"But the people on the streets?"

"Twice a year we close a couple roads down so we can do these races. No people, no cars, no cops. Just us friends racing." Nick said. "It's fun."

Getting out of this room would be nice, get some fresh air and hang out with some friends. Maybe you'll actually have fun. And maybe, just maybe, it'll get your mind off of Wilbur and the others.

"What's in it for me?" You asked.

"We'll get burgers on the way back?"

"Okay. Let's go." You said and got up, grabbing your phone.

You and Nick haven't hung out since that one house party back when you were in highschool. It wasn't anything special, but that's probably the last time you spoken with him, that wasn't about work.

You walked out of the room, Nick right behind you. When he got out, he closed the door behind him. You quickly locked it, and headed to the elevator.

Nick pushed the call button and put his hands in his pocket.

The elevator doors opened and you both stepped in.

"I hope I won't be bored." You said.

"Trust me, you won't be bored." Nick said and smiled. "You look so worried these past days. You deserve to have some fun sometimes."

"Worried is an understatement. This whole become captain if Ash dies thing doesn't sit right with me. I'm not prepared." You said.

"Right." Nick said. "You're scared then?"

"Scared, nervous, angry, and depressed at the same time. It's a fun combo." You said.

"I get it. The first mission my friends did without me I thought I was going to have a heart attack. But they came back. And everything was fine." He said.

The elevator doors opened and you two stepped out.

"You think they'll be okay?" You asked.

"These are our best people out there. They'll be more than okay." Nick said.

"I hope so. Don't plan on becoming captain anytime soon. Well at least not this way." You said.

You just prayed all of these thoughts weren't foreshadowing for anything bad.

You couldn't handle anymore bad.

Nick opened the pub's door for you. When you stepped out you were met by a Mustang. You were pretty sure it was a Mustang.

"Goddamn." You said.

"You like?" Nick asked.

"Where'd you steal this motherfucker?" You asked. "Like Tesco?"

Nick laughed. "No, a car dealership. This is probably the first thing I didn't steal in a while." He said.

"Wow. It's beautiful. It's a Mustang right?"

"Yeah. 2018 orange fury." Nick said.

"Man. Let's go, the hell are we waiting for?" You said and walked over to the passengers side. Nick laughed and unlocked the car. You quickly sat in and looked around the interior.

Nick sat in and started the car. The engine started with a loud roar. It was surprisingly pleasant.

This will be actually cool.