2

You walked down the hallway leading to the cafeteria.

It was mostly empty, only some staff hanging around chatting and doing absolutely nothing.

Some you walked past said good morning some simply ignored you. You opened the door to the dining room. Also empty only Wilbur sitting at a corner table. He was looking out the tinted window next to the table.

Next to him he had his big suitcase that- you were sure- was full of documents about recent finds. Now that was surely exciting.

You brought the documents of your own. You had to make you seem legit about being an archaeologist, even if you weren't.

He spotted you while you were walking towards the table. He straightened himself and smiled waiting for you to sit down.

You took a seat in front of him on the other side of the round table and put the folder of documents next to the plate. "Morning." You said.
"Good morning." Wilbur said. "How did you sleep?"
"Awesome, thanks. I assume you also did. You look hyped." You said. You looked around for a waiter. You thought this was hotel, there's supposed to be people around. One staff did realize you were in the cafeteria and walked over to get your order.

"What can I get for the two of you?" The waiter asked.
"Do you have a Breakfast meal?" You asked. The waiter nodded. "Get us two of those. I pay."
"Two breakfast meals coming up!" He said and walked away.

Will looked at you like he just saw a ghost. "You sure you want to pay?"
"Yeah. Why wouldn't I?"
"I wanted to pay."
"Yes, but who said I can't." You said. He smiled looking into your eyes. He was quite handsome but in your head you just denied it.

You had a great history of falling in love easily. Obviously you weren't proud of that at all since it got you in jail a couple times.

That's you didn't like to get in one team with a handsome man, you knew all the time you wouldn't have the heart to shoot him when you're done. And then they report you and boom, you're in jail.

It's all fun and games 'till that happens.

"So.. what project are you working on?" Wilbur asked.
"Oh, I'm currently trying to find Ramses VIII's grave."
"Big bite to chew huh?"
"Well, we could say that but I have a possible lead to start on." You said putting your hand on the pile of documents next to you. "Between me and you, I bought a map off of someone, that leads to a possible place to find it." You said.

"Did you now?" He asked getting interested.
"He gave it to me for three grand. I think as an archaeologist we should take any opportunity to find something that has never been before." You said. "Not to mention this would also mean we'd get a little piece of history discovered." Wilbur nodded not saying anything.

"What about you? What are you working on?" You asked.
"Funnily enough I'm also trying to put some puzzle pieces together for the same thing." He said. "But for me it is quite nerve-wracking to work on this." He said.
"What have you found so far?" You asked.

As soon as you asked that his eyes lit up with excitement. He reached next to him and pulled up his suitcase opening it and taking out a bunch of papers. He layed them next to him and closed the suitcase.
"I found various hieroglyphics in tombs that supposedly marked the position of the grave." He said and stuck a paper in your hand.

On the paper it was pictures of hieroglyphics translated into words, in Egyptian and in English. "Fascinating.." you said reading over the page.
"But when the expedition started the grave was nowhere to be found." He said.

"So the hieroglyphics were leading you on?" You asked.
"Seems so." 

"These are hieroglyphics from the tomb of Batah-M-Woya. He wasn't even alive when Ramses VIII was ruling. There's a possibility you mistranslated this." You said. Wilbur shook his head.

"I didn't. I can't read them. Someone from my team must've messed up a couple words.." He said. You gave the paper back to him. He put it back on his pile then looked at you. "What are your leads?" He asked.

You needed to toss this around your mind for a second. You can't show him the map, if he gets his hands on it you were sure he'll be the one to try to find it.
"Well.." You started and took out a paper. The paper was the first ever mind map you made to try to find some sort of start.

"This has a various possible documents from the time, translated, about King Ramses. These were probably documented after his death." You said and handed him the paper. "These took me about two years to translate. I carefully read all the letters one by one trying to figure this out." You said. Wilbur looked at the paper shocked.

You never found these papers anything near impressive but obviously for some people it was a great achievement. "You look shooketh.." You said arranging your papers.

"I am... These are better leads than I ever found." Will said.
"Oh please. They're just as impressive as yours." You said smiling. Wilbur looked at you and the paper then back.
"How?"
"I studied hundreds of books about old Egyptian. While translating I learned some for myself as well."
"These are like telling us where the grave is." Wilbur said still reading over the paper. "I believe we might have found something to go off of. I mean you have." He said handing your paper.

"Why thank you. I'm glad my suffering with ancient Egyptian is worth something." You said sarcastically. Of course you knew these papers could be the key to the grave but you tried to keep it humble.

"Worth something? These are basically documents we could use to find something that was searched for for thousands of years if not more." He said smiling excited. "How long are you staying at this hotel?"