34

"It's going to be filthy." You said taking out the apartment keys.

"You already said that so many times, I don't care." Will said.

You slipped the key into the hole and turned it left, but with half of a twist it opened creaking.

It was open.

Someone was inside.

You pulled out your gun and started to slowly walk in.

The place smelt like shit. It was like someone took a dumb inside a rotting body. You were definitely not sleeping here tonight, you needed a whole biohazard cleaning team to make this place even bearable.

"Stay behind me." You said to Wilbur, he also already had his gun out.

The hallway in the apartment opened to two rooms on two sides, a bathroom and a bedroom, and one big one at the end that was both a kitchen and a living room. It wasn't big but it was big enough for good amount of people to fit in.

You heard a slight shuffle from the room to the right of you, so you instantly opened the door pointing your gun inside.

"Cara? The fuck are you doing here?" You asked lowering your gun.

Cara is you little sister, she didn't talk to you for years but somehow she has a key to this apartment.

Weird.

"I'm cleaning?" She said holding up a trash bag. "It's nice to see you too." She said dropping the bag and grabbing her jacket.

"But why are you cleaning my apartment?" You asked following her down the hallway and out into the hall.

"I wanted to host a party. But that clearly won't happen." She said.

"Obviously it won't. But feel free to stay any day I'm not here." You said putting your gun away.

"Don't worry I'm out of here." She said. "Oh and Ant and his boyfriend hosted an orgy a while ago." She winked getting into the elevator.

"Anthony did what now?!" You yelled after her. You sighed seeing the lift leaving your floor.

"That was your sister?" Will asked walking up behind you. "She looked nicer on video."

"Yeah." You said. "She's nicer when there's no random men around."

"Understandable." He said.

"Let's look around." You exclaimed walking into the apartment again.

Will walked behind you closing the door behind you, jingling your keys and slipping them into your pocket.

The place was just as trashed as you thought. Disgusting rotting dishes everywhere, with the smell of molding food rubbed into the carpet. At this point this place was a whole different organism.

You sighed looking at the mess in the kitchen. "I'm not cleaning this." You said. "I'm sleeping at the job."

"Trust me you don't want to sleep under the Roseline pub. It's louder than a Slipknot concert." Will said looking around the hallway. "We could go to my place... Look over some missions." He said.

Go over to his apartment? Sounds like a plan, if you were honest.

You would have a comfortable place to sleep, and looking over missions for Monday sounded like something you'd sign up for instead of cleaning this shithole.

And spending time with the man literally carved by gods was also not something you'd miss out on.

"Okay." You said. "Where do you live?" You asked.

"A couple blocks away from here, I'll give you my bed and I can sleep on the floor." He said.

"Oh let's not make a big deal out of this, I'll sleep in the same bed as you." You said walking over to him flicking his nose. "I just need to get some stuff from here and then we can leave!" You added and walked into the bedroom.

You had one small safe behind a dresser with a couple guns and ammo in it, it could be useful in the upcoming years of your life to use your own weapons instead of getting used to someone else's.

You looked around the bedroom trying to see in Cara left any trash bags you could hide the guns in.

Luckily there was a black one that was perfect size. You usually didn't have to hide your weapons since you always left at night and there were no cameras here. But now there are so you needed to hide them.

You walked up to the dresser and pulled it to the side revealing the safe. It was like a size of a toddler, meaning you could fit a toddler in standing, perfectly.

The reason you know that is a secret.

You typed in the 6 digit code you had memorized by now and it opened. The guns you left there were still intact and ready to use, with a couple stacks of ammo to compliment it.

You needed these 'cause they took the boxes of guns and rifles that you collected in the warehouse, so you only had a handgun and a rifle to your name, not preferable.

You started to take them out and neatly stuffed them into the bag and walked out of the room dropping the bag by the door.

You looked down the hallway trying to spot Will in the kitchen. But he wasn't there. So you headed into the kitchen slipping your hands in your pockets and carefully stepping over trash in your way.

The kitchen was empty, and so was the living room, but on the balcony stood Wilbur looking at the view, smoking.

You had a great outlook from this apartment. Especially at night, when the street lights glimmer under you like still fireflies, and you could hear the faint talking of people.

It was a peaceful sight. Sadly you had to leave, it's a shame what this place became.

You opened the balcony door, stepped out and leaned on the railing.

"Looks better in real life. The apartment." Will said taking a drag and giving you the cigarette.

You also took a deep drag and quickly exhaled the warm smoke, watching it swirl in the air.

"Imagine how good it looks when it's not a big pile of shit." You said and handed back the cigarette to Will

You leaned your head on his shoulder and listened to the faint noise of a plane passing over the city, to the sound of its engine echoing through the walls of houses, bouncing off the surfaces.

It was a peaceful moment. You didn't want it to end. But you really had to get going.

"Shall we get to my house?" Will asked looking at you while he put his cigarette out.

"Mhm." You hummed taking head off his shoulder. You gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked back into the house.