16

You walked into your shared tent with Clay and sat down on the mattress.

Clay entered after you. It was sundown, meaning you were not tired at all. Couldn't even gaslight yourself to think you were tired. You were just too damn excited about the grave.

"We found this faster than I thought." Clay said sitting down next to you.

"I know. It's weird. But my dad's already been there, so I'm not surprised it was this high up. He didn't cover it with thick layer of sand." You said.

"Wow, you're actually excited?" Clay asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Like I never seen you that excited about anything." He said. Very true. Usually grave robbing isn't as exciting when the grave was already found. When it's a new grave though, it's way more fun.

"I didn't actually know you cared." You said. You didn't expect this conversation to get really deep all the sudden. But it was great, since you and Clay haven't had one of these in a while.

"Why wouldn't I care? You're like my best friend you know." He said. He sounded kinda embarrassed to say that, he really never says such things to you. At least not often.

"Best friend? I never thought of you like that. More like a brother actually." You said turning to him.

"I never thought of you as any less than a best friend. I guess I could say the same." He said. "I always found you really badass." He added.

"Badass?" You asked half laughing. "That's adorable." You said smiling like an idiot.

"Yeah! Like genuinely. You are really cool!" He said. You could help but to smile, it was so stupid but he made you quite happy.

"I always thought you were really smart." You said. "Except when you weren't."

"Me?"

"Yeah, like sometimes you look like you know what different colour pencils taste like, but the next day you're figuring out an enigma." You said. Clay laughed with his usual tea kettle transformer sound at your really not that funny joke.

It was true though. He always looks stupid as hell, but then he solves equations that Einstein couldn't.

"I do know what different colour pencils taste like." He said adding on your joke more. You chuckled and layed back, putting one arm under your head, the other rested on your stomach.

You couldn't help but to think about Will even now.

It was stupid. Like who develops crushes so easily that they can't stop thinking about them nonstop.

"Does Wilbur really talk about me that much?" You asked. Clay smirked and layed back.

"He does. Quite a lot yes." He said. "And he blushes too." He said turning on his side looking at you. "Why you askin'?"

"No reason." You said smiling.

"Yeah... Sure!" Clay said and turned around. You stayed silent for a second.

"Okay, but what does he say?" You asked. "Like about me?" Clay chuckled and turned back around smirking.

"Oh, they're just so awesome, they almost held my hand the other day, they're just so smart and clever!" Clay said mocking Wills accent and made his voice higher.

You laughed at his bad attempt to mimick a British accent, holding on to your stomach trying not to be too loud, since it was really late to be waking people up.

"You suck at accents." You said. "What else?"

"He once said he could imagine you in a relationship with him. But then quickly changed the topic." Clay said. He went silent for a second, to think. "Oh and when he accidentally showed his contacts, your name had hearts next to it." He said.

You smiled at the fact he put emojis after your name. And also everything else. You knew he liked you a little bit but you didn't know he liked you this much.

"And-"

"Don't tell me more. I don't want to fall for him." You said turning around to lay on your stomach.

"Who are you? I mean, I've never seen you like this." Clay said. "Do you still want to kill him?" He asked

"I don't want to, but I have to. I don't have a choice. If they realize, our cover is blown, and we're fucked." You said looking over to Clay.

"We could still back off." He said."You know, continue with this excavation without going through with the plan."

You sighed. He was right. But the gun you found in Wilbur's car just made you more suspicious of everything. Even if you don't go through with the plan, you'll have to figure out simply what he uses that gun for.

If anything find out what this 'Tinea ad flamma' thing exactly is. You didn't trust the things Aimee told. If they were really out to kill you they would've done it by now.

"I get that.." You said.

"But?"

"But I found a gun in Wilbur's car. It's a pretty serious baby. I mean it's a Berretta as well." You said.

"Why does he have that for?" Clay asked.

"I have no clue. But I also found this weird sticker on it with a moth. It said Tinea ad flamma. Apparently they're a Brit gang in London." You said and sat up.

"I've heard about them. Not much but they're pretty serious about their shit." Clay said sitting up as well.

"So if they are part of that gang or whatever, we are fucked no matter what. If they keep shit like that around, they have to be up to something." You said.

"You're right. We do have to kill them. Or we'll die first." Clay said. It wasn't something you were looking forward to, but it was between your life and theirs. And if you were honest, you treasured yours more than theirs.

"We are so close to the grave. We need to figure something out." You said. "We have to be precise."

"Do we call someone else in?" Clay asked.

"Who? Do you know anyone?"

"Well I certainly do know someone." He said pulling out his phone. He scrolled for a good while before he stopped and looked at you.

"Mind telling me who it is?"

"Does the name Sapnap ring any bells?"