17

The fact that Clay invited Nick to join sounded really great, before he told you, that you had to pick him up from the airport.

You didn't know him well, only that he set shit on fire, and he was generally a hitman. He was going to be great help with disposing of the bodies this way.

But off point, you needed him to set a great plan to find out who these people really are, and to be perfectly honest, he will be big help.

Driving to the airport wasn't really the problem with this situation, it was the waiting for your guy to appear.

And you haven't even dived into the main happenings at the excavation ground. It's like the universe is keeping you from doing anything you'd want to.

But shit, at least you can stare at Wilbur more, before you blast his face off.

Strange how everything you thought before changed as fast as you met the dude.

Many problems you will face as well if you keep up this whole crush thing. Especially if you are really determined to kill him.

But at this point, you didn't have the heart to pull the trigger.

Maybe punch the fuck out of his perfectly symmetrical face that was annoyingly beautiful to look at. Not to mention his goddamn perfect, comforting smile, and his irritatingly pleasant face shape.

Everything about this Wilbur guy was so damn perfect and nice, it was simply irritating.

You looked around the parking lot, trying to spot Nick anywhere.

He is a really good hitman if you can't spot him either. But you can't wait here forever, you have to get going sooner or later.

Simply the fact of you missing out on the life changing excavation made you extremely frustrated. Especially when Clay, the non Egyptologist person, is having complete control over it. He probably doesn't even know what he's doing.

But luckily enough, someone with a black shirt and a strangely patchy beard approached your car.

You rolled down the window as he got closer.

"You Y/N?" He asked.

"Depends who's asking." You said.

"Nick. Sapnap?" He said.

"Then yes." You said and unlocked the car. He got his backpack in, and threw it in the back. He also fixed his belt, quickly taking out a gun. "Woah brother! You ain't coming in my car with that thing in your possession." You said. "That shit's illegal." You said and started driving.

"You act like there is no boxes of guns and other weapons in your trunk." Nick said throwing the gun in the back.

"Damn, you must have X-ray vision or something." You said turning left, out of the airport.

"I don't actually know what I signed up for." Nick said.

"Oh don't worry, me neither." You said. It was most true though, you simply had no clue where to go from what you already had. If you stopped now, you'd likely get killed, if you don't stop them maybe you can make it out alive, not to mention the insane amount of pressure that's on your shoulders with the Ramses grave so close to reach.

"Clay said something about a grave." Nick said.

"I assumed he actually would've told you everything he knew." You said. "But it's hard when he doesn't know himself."

"It was expected. Mans not really bright." Nick said.

"Don't even remind me. He has many problems in the head you know." You said.

"Yeah, he's ugly." Nick said looking out the window.

"Most true thing you said this whole car ride." You said.

"To the point though. What's really going on?" Nick asked. You sighed.

"I met this Wilbur guy in a hotel. I was originally planning on killing the man as soon as I found the grave. But I found a suitcase, with a damn serious gun inside." You said stopping at a red light.

"Wilbur Soot?" Nick asked.

"How you know that? Damn wizard."

"You're dealing with a gang-"

"You know how many people already told me that? Tell me something new please." You said flooring the gas as soon as the light turned green, turning left right into the coarse sand of the desert.

It's funky how roads just simply end and not go on for longer.

"Alright, well they kill criminals. So they might be after your ass." Nick said.

"Great! Awesome! At least I know they're not generally bad people." You said trying to keep your grip on your wheel the whole time.

The worse thing in driving through sand, is that the car's wheels are getting absolutely thrown and you actually have to pay attention while driving.

Totally not annoying.

"Don't worry too much, their gang is only made up of six hundred people. Plus-minus a hundred." Nick said.

"Thanks, that really made me feel so much better about getting shot into a pasta strainer in the matter of days." You said.

"Don't worry, they ain't that bad. Maybe they'll blow you up or something." Nick said.

"Like that's any better." You said stopping the car at the camp.

You got there faster than you thought. Especially since you expected to get stuck in the sand like you always do.

But oh well, at least you got there in one piece.

"Alright. You know the schtick. Act casual. You're my assistant, invited in to help." You said.

"Aye aye captain." Nick said opening the car door. You also got out yourself and locked the door as soon as Nick got his bag out of the car.

You looked for the others, quickly realising they were probably already digging.

You took Nick to his tent, and while he got himself together, you went to the hole Tommy dug out yesterday, and saw, that it was way bigger than it was about 10 hours ago.

Wilbur and Jack were shoveling away the sand to reveal more if the structure.

"Oh hey Y/N!" Jack said stopping in his digging.

"What are y'all up to?" You asked getting down in the hole yourself.

"Digging around." Wilbur said. "It's bigger than we thought." He added.

"Obviously." You said. Nick was fast, and already walked up to the hole, looking around. "Oh, yeah, this is Nick. My assistant. He'll be helping us out." You said. Nick waved, and Wilbur and Jack all said their hellos.

You were quickly on with the dig yourself after that. You were really excited with this grave. And obviously you were, it was the biggest find in probably the history of your time as an Egyptologist.

And sure as hell it was going to be worth it, it was Ramses' grave after all.