67

"I don't know who Starborne is." You started. "But you killed them for a stupid role in an agency. And that's fucking weird man." You said.

You tried to keep him talking so you could shoot him when he wasn't paying attention that much. Maybe he closes his eyes, or turns around. Just one second to shoot him.

"I killed a lot of people. If I can't have it, no one can. That's my mindset. I tried to get you blamed too, but I was too scared to just shoot you in the head. I probably should've done that though."

"You stole the blueprints and thought they would blame it on me huh?"

"You're smart. They realized too fast that it was me. I just had to give up, and wait for the right opportunity to kill you." He said.

"You did all of this.." you started. "The altercation, shooting Ash... You are the writer of this story." You said. "You're the author. You're pulling the strings to make my life harder." You said.

"I'm glad you noticed." He sighed, closed his eyes to say something. That's your signal.

You pulled out your gun and shot him in the stomach. You didn't want to kill him right off the bat. You wanted him to suffer first.

He hunched over putting a hand over the wound, looking at his blood dripping.

"What?" You asked in a mocking voice. "You really thought I was just going to drop all my weapons?"

"I thought we're playing fair.." He said breathing heavily.

"You never played fair. So it's my turn to get unfair with you." You said and shot him again. He fell forward on his knees this time.

"Clever." He said. "You're not so different from me after all."

"Don't push it Matthews."

"I was fired for no reason... You were fired for no reason... I stab people in the back when they least expect it. You did the same." He said and got up.

"You got fired because you're a fucking prick. I got fired because Wilbur was a prick. You backstabbed those people because you were bored, I did because it's my duty." You said.

He laughed, coughing and holding on his stomach. You shot him above his hand again. This time he collapsed on the floor taking short breaths. "I'm nothing like you." You said walking up to him. "I'll never be like you."

Nate smiled, but his expression quickly changed when he started coughing again. This time he coughed up quite a lot of blood, it dripping down his face.

You walked back over to your belt and grabbed a knife. As you stood up while looking at the knife, he shot you in the shoulder, it didn't just have a hole in now, it dislocated from the impact. You stumbled forward, getting a hold of a wall to support you. You shook it off headed back over to him. You kicked the gun out of his hand and popped your shoulder back in it's place. You were lucky, you were full of adrenaline. "Stand up." You said.

Nate was silent and didn't move.

"Stand the fuck up!" You yelled. You slowly but surely sat up, from there you pulled him on his feet and pushed him to a wall, stabbing your knife straight into his abdomen and twisting it while pulling it out.

The next one went into the same area, so did the next three. As you pulled the knife out the last time you brought it up to his face. He was breathing, but it was very muffled.

You dragged the knife across his face, then down to his neck, stopping at the main artery, and pushing the knife in.

Nate let out a very weak scream and started to struggle. He basically tried to get you off of him, but without success. "You know what happens when I pull this knife out?" You asked.

Nate nodded.

"Yeah good." You said. "Any last words?" You asked mockingly.

Nate smiled again and mouthed 'fuck you.'

"Really nice Nate." You said and pulled the knife out.

Nate collapsed on the floor, his remaining blood spraying out of his neck, all over you, the walls, some drops even made it to the ceiling.

You stood over him watching as he bled out, letting the blood get over you. It was disgusting, but it felt amazing.

As he finally stopped spraying blood all over the place, you spat on his dead body, and walked back to get your gear.

It was like a rock fell from your heart, Nate had been annoying you for the past year, and now he was finally dead by your hands. You never felt more amazing from killing anyone in your life. And you weren't far from the main room now. Though you were sure the others were already there.

You put your radio back on, and put the earpiece in.

"...come in! Vulture-01, how copy?"

"Solid copy dispatch." You said.

"God.. I thought we lost you." Dispatch said.

"I'm alive, but injured. Closing in on target room right now." You said.

"Roger that V-01, be careful." Dispatch said.

"Will do. Vulture-01 over and out." You said and continued your way through the hallways, finally getting to the room.

In there was your crew already, chatting, checking Nick for any injuries. Asher Simone was hung by his hoodie on a high coat hanger, his arms crossed. He was shorter than you imagined.

You stumbled into the room.

"Cap? You okay? Where were you?" Jack asked running over to you.

"I'm good. I just need to sit down." You said. The adrenaline rush was way over now, you were feeling weak, and your shoulder pain was getting to you now. "I killed Nate." You said leaning forward on your knees.

The room went silent.

"Nate?" Asher spoke. You looked up at him. "Nate Matthews?" He asked.

"Yeah." You said.

"He was my boyfriend." He said. "If only I wasn't hung on a hanger, I'd beat you up." He said.

"Can I shoot him now?" Andy asked.

"No!" Everyone collectively answered.

"You could probably reach my ankles. Are you a smurf or something? You are the big scary terrorist the world was too scared to catch?" You asked.

"Ha ha really funny. I'm average height."

"If three foot two is average for you, I must be a giant." Jack said. You laughed shaking your head.

"I love the jokes, but I wanna add that I am still bleeding out." You said slowly.

Niki swiftly picked up the med kit and hurried over to you, starting to patch you up.