6

You leaned on the windowsill looking outside at the UPS driver taking one singular box out of his car. You had a feeling that was for you.

"What is it?" Clay asked stumbling over to you. He only had his shorts on, he just woke up.
"For fucks sake Clay put on a damn shirt." You said pushing him by the shoulder. "How often do people get packages to hotels?" You asked tracking the UPS man walking in.
"Only if it's priority mail. Usually they don't accept packages at hotels." Clay said.

You hummed and closed the curtains. It was quite early for packages too. UPS drivers don't deliver packages until like 4 PM.

And to your instincts your door was knocked on. You rushed over and unlocked it, opening it to only a crack.
"Package for Y/N Calvin?" The UPS man said in Arabic.
"That's me." You said in Arabic too. He handed you the package smiled and walked away from your door. You closed it and locked the two locks again.

Clay was waiting at the round dining table with a small knife. You put the box down at the table. It had no name or address on it, but your suspected person of choice was your dad. Who else could it be.

Clay digged the knife into the tape opening it. There was packing peanuts on the top. You walked away to get the trashcan and poured the peanuts in.

The package contained a black Beretta M9, that was your dads pistol in '92, a letter neatly folded and a rolled up paper. You grabbed the Beretta and the bullets your dad included with it. "Is that a Beretta M9?" Clay asked.

"Yes. My dad's to be exact. He had my name engraved on it a couple months after I was born." You said handing the pistol to Clay. He spun it around a couple times then put it on the table. You grabbed the letter and started to read it.

'Dear Y/N.
My one and favourite kid. I knew you were in Egypt to I thought I might help you out. I have a pistol in the box that was mine back in the day. I also included some bullets with it for you. And the icing on the cake is the rolled up paper. Remember when as a kid I used to tell you about the adventures I've been on? Well guess what your old man was at Ramses VIII's grave before. I just didn't have the guts to rob it. I always wanted you to have it. Good luck.
-Dad'

"What does it say?" Clay asked. You handed him the letter and he started to read it. You took out the rolled up paper and took the string off of it that it was tied with. You unrolled it and examined it. It was the same map the bald dude sold you. But this one had exact marked coordinates and an X marking the spot. You had no idea how your dad found it but you didn't need to be sceptical. He has never lied to you about graves' location.

He takes his job seriously that's for sure.

"Damn. He has a map for Ramses' grave?"
"You just read the letter, wasn't it obvious?"
"This is so cool! We basically found his grave!" Clay said squeaking like highschool girl after she told their crush they liked them on a Saturday night at a sleepover. This was good and bad at the same time. You already called the Egyptian Archeological museum for the job and they agreed. You had to go in tomorrow or today and you knew that Wilbur will be there.

But with this lovely gun you'll make sure they won't report you even if you get caught.

You put the map down and put the box under the table. "Alright here's the plan." You said getting Clays attention from stimming around like kid. "We'll go into the museum and sign up for the excavation. I already know we'll be in one team with Will since he and his team are the only ones who are occupied with this case." You said. Clay nodded agreeing.

"So let's go over it, I'm your assistant, and my job is to clear the area when you plan to shoot 'em. Correct?" You nodded.
"We have this figured out. If something goes wrong we have this lovely gun to solve it for us." You said smiling.

"You psychopath." Clay said putting his hand out for a fist bump.
"And oh do I love being one." You said bumping his fist. Clay laughed and grabbed the trashcan you brought there for the packing peanuts.

You grabbed the gun and put it in the back of your pants, in your waistband.

You pulled out a chair and sat down grabbing the map once again, looking over the coordinates. "Can you pour me a glass of water please?" You asked.
"Yep." Clay said walking to the bathroom with a glass. You looked that the map easily locating the Nile River. You followed it until your a red pen marking lead away from the river

West coast, south-west from the Pyramid of Djoser. There was the X marking a spot in the desert. You read before that that spot was only an option to Archaeologists to excavate. But your dad now confirmed that it was there.

Clay put the glass of water down next to you. You grabbed it and took a sip, looking at what else your dad wrote on the map. Things like: 'about 7 feet down, in a tomb.' and 'possible booby traps'

'booby traps.' sometimes you forget he's dyslexic.

But how he knew that, you had no idea. He was a smart man who made idiotic choices in life. Not like you are not doing the same thing he did but he had his own way and you have yours.

As a kid you looked up at him for being the coolest dad ever. But you grew up in a family of murderers. Your mom was an Assassin for multiple mafia groups. Then she retired and you never saw her again.

Great family you had. But it was fun if you were honest.