46

After the warzone, you found the missiles and got them deactivated. But you couldn't help to feel irritated every time you, even by accident, looked at Nate.

You had a talk, your voice was gone by the time you finished but you told him what you thought.

Everyone was thinking the same about his actions. It was dangerous, reckless.

When you asked about Jack, however, you didn't get the news you'd like. The doctors in a polish quarters said he had a very slim chance of walking ever again. As he was blown into a building, he hit a very important nerve. Now you had more reasons to kill Nate.

Jack might not be able to walk, work, or live a proper life ever again, thanks to mister 'i want Ash's attention '.

He's lucky Jack's not dead.

"Hey." Ash said. You startled a little and looked at him, as he sat down.

"Hi." You said.

"Did good." He said.

"Could say the same for you."

Ash sighed and shook his head.

"Sorry about Nate. I wish I listened to Niki and kicked him out before something like this happened." Ash said.

"Too late to cry about it. It already happened." You said.

You felt awful about it though. The whole flight home you were thinking about this. What you could've done differently. It wasn't your fault entirely, but you were lost nonetheless.

"Right." He said. "Thank you for saving Jack though." You looked at him. "He's... A great friend of mine. I wouldn't know what to do if he died on my watch."

"You shouldn't have to thank me." You said. "It's the bare minimum."

"A bare minimum not everyone would've done." Ash said and put his hand on your  shoulder. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." You said. He let go of your shoulder and stood up.

"I'll let you rest." He said, smiled, and walked away.

You relaxed, slowly leaning on the wall of the jet. You closed your eyes to take a nap but suddenly heard the aggravating voice of Nate approaching, yelling at someone.

You didn't think much of it. He could be on the phone.

That was until you heard the voice of Andrew. You almost got up, but they didn't see you were there. So you leaned back and listened to their conversation.

"Stay the fuck away from me! You're annoying the shit out of me." Nate yelled falling back on one of the seats not so far away. Since this was a cargo jet, there were a lot of boxes, so he just didn't spot you.

"I just asked how you were. Why can't I even talk to you?" Andy asked crying.

"Because you're a fucking freak. I didn't ask you to care about me." He said. "All this," Nate pointed at his shot wounds and broken wrist. "is your fault."

"How is this my fault?" Andrew asked. "Why can't you be nice to me for once?" Nate stood up, looking down at Andrew.

"You don't deserve it. That's why! You wonder why everyone left you? It's because you don't deserve a drop of happiness."

"Why are you so mean?"

"I wish I never fucking married you." He said. Andrew's face fell. He was looking at him like he was a monster. That he was.

It was like a world broke in him.

"You mean that?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Oh." Andrew whispered. "I didn't know that's how you felt..." He said.

"Well it is." Nate said. "I hate you. You're annoying, awful, just a useless fucking bitch."

"Hate.. me?"

"From the heart." Nate said. "If it wasn't for this job, I would've killed you already." Nate said.

"Kill me? I loved you. All these years, I supported you. Even left my old job for you. And you want to kill me?"

"Sometimes I do."

Okay that's enough.

You finally stood up fuming again. People really can't leave you to rest huh.

"What the fuck Nate?" Returning sentence.

"Rookie? The hell are you doing here?" Nate asked pushing Andrew to be the side.

"I came to take a nap, but your presence woke me." You said. "Who are you to talk to this man the way you did?"

"None of your business." Nate said.

"It is!" You said. "Andy is my friend, and he's being treated like he's nothing!"

"'Cause he's nothing." He said. "In my eyes at least."

"He's been nothing but nice to you. And you return this?"

"I don't care about his guts. You heard what I said. I mean that."

You shook your head.

"Get out."

"Don't have to tell me twice." Nate said and walked out, bumping into Andrew on purpose.

Andrew stood there for a second tears falling from his eyes.

You wish you knew how to comfort people in these situations.

He looked emotionless. He was usually the happy fellow, who was always smiling, absolutely loving every second of their job. But now he looked shattered.

"Andrew?" You asked. "You good mate?"

"Do you think he's right?" Andy asked.

"No. I don't. I know he's wrong." You said and walked over to him.

"He's been saying this since we got married. I thought I did something. So I tried to make it up with flowers, chocolate, any gift. He always threw them away." Andrew said. "I don't know what to do now."

"I could push him out of the plane." You said trying to enlighten his mood a little.

Andy smiled. "That'd be funny." He said.

"Hey Andy." You said. "I hope you know he's a dick, and that he's dead wrong. You're one of the nicest people I know. And there's not many people these days who can say that."

"Thanks." He said and wiped the tears from his face. You pulled him into a hug, that he quickly embraced, and squeezed you really tight.

You let go of him, but before you could say anything, they announced on the radio that you needed to buckle in, because the plane is landing.

And the most infuriating thing is about this flight, was you couldn't have a nap.
What a disgrace.