33

"How did it go?" Wilbur asked walking up to you.

You took your jacket off the hanger and quickly put it on.

"It went okay. I'm in freelance. I'm starting Monday." You said putting your hands in your pockets. "But I gotta get going. I have a couple things to do in the apartment." You said.

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to come on a little celebration date thing with me but I see you are quite busy." Will said looking disappointed.

"No, Will, I really have to clean up the place. It's filthy. I appreciate the offer. Maybe another day?" You asked getting ready to walk out.

"What if I help you clean?" Will asked.

A pair of helping hands would come in handy. The place was the responsibility of Schlatt while you were away, he made parties, had people over, that apartment seen some shit.

And cleaning alone is never really fun when you have piles of trash to clean up so you can sleep somewhere. You sighed taking out a cigarette from your pocket.

"Okay." You said. "Fine, yeah, let's go." You said and turned around to walk down the hallway, Wilbur tightly behind you. "It's completely trashed just so you know. I wouldn't be surprised if one of my siblings hosted an orgy in there. I'm hoping we won't find any dead bodies." You said taking out a lighter and lighting your cigarette as soon as you were out of the hallways.

The pub was full, it smelt like cigarettes, sweat, puke and alcohol. Not pleasant. You cut through the crowd walking out of the bar and searching around your pocket for your car keys.

"I'm happy you joined." Will said out of nowhere.

"If you want to kiss me you could just say that." You said taking out your keys. "I don't bite." You added quietly.

Wilbur laughed flustered and looked past you trying not to make eye contact.

"No I really am happy that you are here." He said. "You'll be a great addition to the team." He said.

"Thanks." You opened your car and jumped into the driver's seat, Wilbur getting into the passenger's. You started up the car and turned the heat up.

The car Schlatt actually stole from a random parking lot. It was standing alone before it almost got towed. Apparently the owner died and the car got forgotten about. Not sure how a car can get forgotten about, but they managed.

As soon as the heat started blowing, you pulled out of the pub's parking lot and turned on the radio, saving yourself from a whole 20 minutes of awkward silence.

Driving down the road you relaxed a little. You have a great paying job, a couple friends and an actual purpose.

Now that felt good.

You shouldn't have to drive too far, but you did need to go through a couple red lamps before you could get out of the car and get into that filthy apartment.

It was used by Schlatt for a while before he got his own apartment. It's probably more trashed than his actual apartment that he currently lives in, although now it was weirdly clean.

You turned a left and stopped at a red light.

Schlatt had a worse childhood than you. Obviously your parents had lots of expectations for you, and if they weren't fulfilled, they'd go mad, but with Schlatt, they went way harder on him than you or any of your other siblings.

If he wanted to play outside, no, he must go to practice before. No friends 'cause you can't trust no one, and definitely no relationships since anyone could be a spy, point is, the things you somewhat could do, Schlatt got forbidden to do.

Your dad took everything from you in your childhood, and yet he still tried to make up for all that pain with a shitty map and Beretta with your name engraved on it, like you mattered to him anyway.

He wanted the best apparently, but he never did say that he was proud. You gave everything and he never have you back a penny.

The light turned green, you pushed down on the gas gripping on the wheels kinda frustrated.

Just thinking about your dad made you feel ill. Only because of his actions, he needed serious help. He might've been a good dad to kids who wanted to be spies and murderers. But not to any of you.

Your train of thoughts got interrupted by a hand on your thigh. You glanced over to Wilbur's hand gripping on your thigh making small circles with his thumb.

"You are so fucking in love with me aren't you?" You asked taking a right turn.

"I am. D'you have a problem with that?" He asked.

"No. Boosts my ego." You said smiling.

You sped up the small hill and took a left turn, the wheels screeching on the concrete.

You slowly pulled up in front of a smaller apartment building. It has 5 floors, and you lived up the very top.

Luckily there was an elevator, you didn't have to walk up all five flights of stairs.

You turned off the car and sat there for a second looking out the window at the parking lot.

"Are you alright?" Will asked.

"Of course." You simply answered and got out the car pulling the keys out too.

Will got out as well and looked up the building squinting from the light coming from the lights outside.

It surprisingly got darker faster here, you lived here for years and you still couldn't get used to the darkness.

You pulled out the little paper with the code to open the door. "1274503" You read out loud.

You walked up to the code pad and typed it in, hearing the faint buzz of the door.

You pushed in the door and left it open until Will walked in too and headed over to the elevator.

You pressed the call button and looked around the small hall.

There was nothing really to look at, other than Wilbur, but you didn't want to seem weird by staring like an idiot.

Finally the elevator got down, the door opened and you walked into the small cabin pressing the 5 button.