44

The helicopter left when everyone was there.

Most of the flight you were chatting with Niki and Jack. Nate was in complete silence, just watching the clouds or something. You didn't really know or care.

You were circling above Poland at this point, they dropped out Alpha team first. They went to clear the outside of the warehouses, so you could go in easily and clear the inside.

They jumped out around thirty minutes ago, you were waiting for your turn to jump.

"Bravo two-four, how do you copy?" Ash asked on the radio.

"Solid copy, Captain." You said.

"You're clear for landing. Wait for further instructions. Alpha one-six out." He said.

"Okay bravo! We're jumping out!" You yelled to get everyone's attention. "Comms are open. If you see anything, report it." You said.

You walked over to the door of the plane, you grabbed the handle and pulled the door open. You looked at the staff waiting for them to give you the go.

One of the pilots put their thumb up.

"Go!" You said pushing people out the door.

You were last, leaning into the nothingness of the sky.

You were spinning around for a little bit before you got a hold of your body, falling head first.

Plan was, you land and clear everything out building by building until you find the missiles. That's the easy part, you just knew something was going to be in your way.

Nothing ever goes right in these types of situations.

You looked at the height meter on your wrist. Almost at the right height.

You didn't really like heights as well as jumping from heights, but jumping out planes like this was for some reason way more fun than just taking the leap of faith off a building.

You didn't want to fuck this up. This was a rather easy mission, the only person who could actually fuck it up was Nate. He didn't look like he was in the mood to listen to you.

He was jealous, or mad at you for becoming a leader to a squad for a singular mission. Whatever he could have against you, he did.

Before you even knew, you had to pull the parachute to land. You'd be falling for another two minutes. Plan was clear, But the feeling that things won't actually go the way you would want them to go, was still present.

You would be dumb to ignore them, you are able to ignore any other feeling you have, but the feel of betrayal was something you couldn't possibly leave to be.

And that feeling was very strong towards Matthews.

You got yourself ready for landing, putting your hands on the release on the belt and the straps on your chest. As soon as you were close enough to the ground, you unlocked the release. You didn't fall a big height, but it was high enough to make your ankles sting a little bit.

"Alpha one-six, bravo landed. Waiting for further instructions." You said quickly catching up to your team, slowly making your way to the first building.

"Move into the first building. Clear it out. When you're done, move on. The missiles most likely won't be in those two buildings." Ash said.

"Copy that Cap." You said. "Heard that bravo? We clear the buildings. Split up inside. Be careful." You said and gestured to the first build. Nicki moved in the front, setting down a small bomb in front of the door, when she moved back she pushed the detonation, and the door blew in.

You quickly moved in shooting the first guy at the door.

Bravo flooded into the warehouse, only thing that could be heard were gunshots, screams and loud footsteps.

You moved behind a big box, mistakenly not looking where you were going, bumping straight into the enemy, he pulled the trigger getting your arm on the instant. You winced falling back, almost hitting your head on one of the tables behind you. He started repeatedly shooting at you, luckily missing every single shot.

You were fast enough to get a hold of yourself though, you shot him in the head just in time.

You sat there for a second before the pain hit you like a truck.

You put your hand over the shot wound and put as much pressure on it as possible, started hastefully looking for bandages with your wounded hand.

You finally found the roll, ripping off a long piece and creating a very fast compression above the wound.

No time to die.

You got up quickly looking for your team, seeing that they already moved out and waiting for you in front of the second building.

You ran out joining the rest of your team, you got into the building as fast as the last one, the time kind of scrambled together in your head, you couldn't remember much about the building being cleared, only that you got out fast and easy already at the third building waiting to get in. 

"Moth-1 to bravo two-four. There's a convoy north from you approaching fast." Dispatch on the helicopter said.

You peaked out from behind the building, seeing the convoy of five black SUVs getting closer.

"I see them." You said. "We take them down, yes?"

"Hold your fire bravo, we have armed chopper on our two hour. You must've set off an alarm." Ash joined in. "Stay low, don't make a sound."

"Roger. Bravo two-four out." You said. "We stay down, hold your fire." You said squatting down. Everyone else squatted down too, taking their hads of their gun.

Except one fellow.

"What about the convoy?" Nate asked.

"We wait for them to pass." You said.

"Like hell we are. They're getting closer, I'm taking them down." He said reloading his gun.

"Matthews don't you dare. I said hold your fire." You stood back up.

"And I said I won't listen to you."

"That's suicide! If you clear the convoy you'll get the attention of the chopper. You'll have yourself a fucking airstrike. Do you understand that?!"

"The chances are slim." He said preparing himself to snipe the cars.

"Nate C'mon man, the fuck are you doing?" Clay stepped in. "That heli has missiles. One wrong step and you're done with."

"Yeah yeah..." Nate said setting the sniper rifle down. The first SUV was pulling up closer.

Nate looked through the scope, hand on the trigger.

"Matthews!" You whispered.

Too late. The SUV rolled past, Nate shot the driver, making it swerve out into a nearby lamppost. The other 4 cars didn't have enough time to stop, so when the first one hit the brakes, the other three behind it slammed right into it, making the first ones back side run up on the one behind it. Because that one didn't stop, the one that ran up flipped over quickly setting on fire.

You just watched as the vehicle burnt and how it got to the other cars as well.

"Who the fuck did that?" Ash asked over radio.

"Nate Matthews sir." You said.

"Great fucking job Matthews. You got yourself an airstrike."