62

Turns out the key you took actually came in handy.

You didn't have much information about these diamonds, and if you wanted to get there before your dad did, and take them, you needed a layout of the building, the safe, and the tactics of the people you were attacking.

You pulled up to your dad's house in all hope of him being away. And some god's definitely listened to your prayers 'cause his car was in fact gone.

You didn't mind if Carla was home, she was least of your worries. And by the time she would be able to tell dad, you'd be long gone getting the diamonds.

You got out of your car and walked up to the door, looking around for anything suspicious. Like a neighbor, or camera, anything that could get you caught.

You digged around in your pocket, took the keys out and unlocked the door, you looked around again, then walked in, silently closing the door behind you. You closed your eyes for a second, sighing in relief.

"Hi."

Your eyes shot open seeing Carla on front of you. "Jesus fuck. You scared the living hell out of me." You said.

"Here." Carla threw some keys at you.

You caught them. "What's this?"

"Keys to dad's office. You wanted those files right?"

"You know about that?"

"I'm sixteen, not dumb. Plus I owe you one." She said. "Up the stairs, second door to the left. Dad's away for another two hours. If you need anything, just yell my name." She said and took off into the kitchen.

"Thanks." You said and headed to the stairs. You walked up and stopped in front of the door Carla said was his office.

You put the key into the keyhole and turned it, opening the door with it too.

You looked for a light switch. You turned on the lights and looked around the room.

It was full of shelves which were also filled of folders. There were hundreds if not more in there.

There was a desk in the middle with a mess of papers, coffee mugs and money.

"The one your searching for is probably on his desk."

You spun around out of pure fear. "Can you not sneak up on me?" You said and turned back and walked over to his desk, looking over the papers on the table.

"Dad told you what he did?" You asked flipping over a paper.

"Yeah, after he adopted me." Carla said messing with some photos on the shelves. "I was pretty surprised." She added.

"I hope he's keeping you safe." You said.

"He thought me how to shoot guns." Carla said casually.

"Where was your gun yesterday then?" You asked.

"At home." She said and thought for a moment. "On that note, will you take me on this mission?"

"Hell no!" You said. "I am not going to be responsible for your ass if you get shot to bits." You said.

"I'm not going to be!" She said.

"Still no. You're a child." You said. You turned over a folder. "Jackpot." You exclaimed and opened it. It wasn't that hard to find, it was labelled as 'diamonds'. Except your dad messed up the word and wrote 'dimonds'.

You looked through the first page, the address and the building layout was listed. The second page was focusing on the diamonds itself.

"What's in it?" Carla asked.

"It says here..." You started. "That it's not of your damn business! Don't get involved in this. Trust me." You said.

"But I want to know." She said.

You sighed. "Here it just says the amount of diamonds we have in question and their worth." You said. "Next page is the amount of people in the building and their names and tactic."

"Will you need guns?" Carla asked.

"Not likely. It says here they use knives so I won't need anything other than my own knife and some throwing knives." You said.

You looked back at the names listed. No one familiar popped up. So you're going to be okay to kill them off.

You just needed to figure out a way to be as quiet as possible. You didn't want the attention all to yourself, you needed to be as stealthy as possible.

You needed it to be dark, and you needed smoke bombs. You won't be able to do this without getting seen, so it's best to be dramatic. You're fighting 150 people alone, so those are the only two choices.

And you actually knew someone that could help you out.

He lives in El Paso, or at least somewhere around it. You went to the same highschool, he started it when you were in your last year.

Alexis did street racing for a while then got into it professionally. Then he got disqualified. No clue why but he did.

You haven't heard from him in a fat minute, but you were sure he was well and alive. You just needed to find him.

"Dad has any radios hanging around?" You asked.

"Yeah, a bunch. They're in that closet." Carla said.

You walked over to it, and grabbed a pair. "Thanks Carly."

"No worries. I'm happy to help." She said.

"You helped lots." You said and walked over grabbing her shoulder. "Seriously, stay away from this business. It's not as cool as it seems." You said.

"Then why are you doing it?" She asked.

You never thought about that. You really could've stopped any minute but you never did. Maybe it's force of habit.

"I don't really know." You said. "Just stay back." You added and walked out of the room.

You had all the info you need, a partner in mind, and spirit ready to conquer the building these diamonds are held in.

You hurried down the stairs and walked out the door, straight to your car.

As you sat into the driver's seat a sudden feeling hit you. Something is definitely going to happen. This is all too perfect.

There's no way it's just going to go smoothly.