7

Surprisingly the trip to the museum didn't take too long.

With Clay's dumb AUX cable and enough gas you got there in an hour.

You parked your car in front of the huge building. Clay smiled excitedly and opened the passenger door. You took the keys out of the car and grabbed your gun putting it in the back of your waistband.

You bushed the hair out of your face and opened your door too. Clay was standing in front of the entrance holding on to his and your backpack. You locked the car and jogged over to him grabbing your own backpack. "Got the M9?" Clay asked before entering.
"Yep. And let me do the talking okay?" You said and pushed in the door. You were met by a big mostly empty space.

Here and there you could spot vitrines for different artifacts from different pyramids and kings. You walked over to the receptionist lady. Keeping in mind that this was an American company in Egypt you took your ID out with your changed name.

"Hi I'm Y/N L/N, I'm here for the expedition of Ramses?" You said the receptionist lady smiled and typed something on her computer.
"Alright Mx. You're all set up, that's your team leader over there. He is just getting things sorted out, his name is Philip. All good?" She said pointing to the shortish blond man on the other side of the building. You nodded and walked over.

"Phil, when can I push Toby under the sand?" You heard the taller blonde boy say.
"You can't, calm down now alright?" You assumed Phil said.

"Hey, I'm Y/N and this is Clay and we're here for the expedition." You said.
"Hello mate, I'm Phil." Phil said and put it his hand to shake. You shook his hand, he also put his hand out for Clay. "These are my teammates, Tommy, Toby, Jack and Niki." They all said hello. "I assume you met William. He told some about you. He should be here any minute." Phil said.

Great, then everything will be awkward when he gets here. You left him on the wrong note and didn't want to talk to him about it anyways. "Hey if I can ask, do you have anything to help this expedition?" Toby asked.

"Yes. I have a map marking exactly where the tomb is. Don't ask how I got it, where I got it, I just found it." You said completely lying.
"A map that marks exactly where it is?" Jack asked.
"Mhm." You hummed nodding. Jack's jaw almost fell to the floor. "Don't look at me like that, funky bald man."

"Wilbur's here!" Niki said excitedly. You looked to the left and there was Wilbur walking towards the group. He was wearing a white shirt with the museums logo on it. He also had those fake looking round glasses.
"Hi everyone. Hi Y/N, and their assistant I  presume?" Wilbur said.
"Hello Wilbur." You said. Clay leaned over to your ear and whispered.
"Who's this guy?" He asked. You pulled his head down by his ears and whispered too.
"The Wilbur dude I told you about, you knucklehead." You said. Clay let out a quiet 'oh' and went back to standing around not interacting with anyone.

The group started chatting with eachother you Wilbur and Clay not really saying a word. You knew Will would be a little salty about how you left him off at the hotel. But it was for his own sake. You liked Wilbur yes, but him as a friend, absolutely not.
"Y/N ready to go?" Phil asked breaking you out of your disassociating.
"Yes, yes. Let's go."

Phil and the other lead you outside to the parking lot. There was a couple Jeeps ready to roll. Phil explained that you'll be taking a Jeep to the excavation ground that's 5 miles away. You got into groups of two and got a Jeep each. Obviously you took Clay as your partner.

"He looks nice." Clay said.
"Well go and make out with him if you find him attractive." You said.

"Don't give me ideas."
"Don't get attached alright? We'll have to kill them off anyways." You said changing gears and turning down to the gravel road after Phil's car. "Just get the gun ready to kill alright?"

"Whatever you say." Clay said. "Don't you think we should make an exception this time?"

"Shut the fuck up please? You know this isn't about killing them. It's about the money we'll have after. Clay what happened to you."

"I just..."
"What?"
"I think killing them might be a little... Harsh? I mean they look happy."
"You want to go to jail again Clay? Look I don't care what you think about this. They do look happy and I hate it but we need the money." Clay looked away and went back to staring out the window.

"I think you're cruel.. I mean look at those kids." He said.
"Do you think I care about what happens to them? I don't know them, and I most certainly don't care about them." You said. Honestly, you didn't quite mean that, but this was about the money.

You didn't care about what happens to them when you find this grave. You didn't care about them enough to feel bad. Obviously the killing is not what ran through your head every time you joined one of these groups.

But something about robbing the grave itself made you feel extremely good.

You held your leg firmly on the gas, as you really didn't look forward to getting stuck in sand.

You wanted to get there in piece to get you ready to make a full plan with Clay.

The desert was never ending, and because you were the only ones who knew where this grave was, you didn't think you'd have a problem with hiding the bodies.

If they find it, good for them, they don't know who you are you'd like to keep it that way.