60

El Paso ended up to be nice.

Lots of cool stuff to see, well if trucks counted as cool, because there are more trucks here than anywhere you ever seen.

You bought a house, on a quiet road, and since the only pub in your area was the Roseline Pub, which is another cutesy headquarter for Tinea, you really had no choice but to go there if you wanted to have a drink.

They are really everywhere. Like insects.

You walked into the pub, squeezing past the bunch of drunk people, and walking up to the bar.

Texas was nice until you entered one of these bars. But at this point and time it was usual for you to be yelled at for no reason.

You sat down on one of the bar stools. "What can I get you tonight?" The bartender asked.

"Martini." You said looking around. You always felt like you'll be shanked any minute if you didn't look behind your back twice.

You felt like a retired police officer. So much shit happened to you in the past year, you can't count on your two hands. One reason, you don't have the right amount to count, and other reason you didn't want to count.

It did feel better to not have anyone tell you what to do. You got your own money that you worked for, with the good old fashion ways you always used to. Just in Texas.

"Here's your martini Mx." The bartender handed it to you.

"Thanks." You said and took a sip instantly.

You heard a crash outside the pub. Everyone suddenly went silent. The bartender looked over to the entrance, some people stood up and went to see what was going on, but came back almost instantly.

Seriously they can't even let you drink in peace. You took out 20 dollars and slammed it on the counter. "Keep the change." You said and jumped off the barstool.

"But the drink is only seven dollars!" The bartender yelled after you.

"Then it's your lucky day!" You yelled back and walked out the pub, looking around for the source of the sound.

You turned left and walked into the alleyway, and leaned against one of the walls.

In the alley there were two guys beating up this random girl. You made the judgement they were just beating her up because they felt like it, and you prayed that you were correct.

You pushed yourself away from the wall and took out a pocket knife.

You walked up behind the shorter guy and put the knife to his throat.

He quickly put his hands up and became stiffer than a whore in church. The other guy stopped what he was doing too.

"Now you have about five seconds to explain why you suddenly had the urge to beat this lovely young lady half to death, before I slit your throat." You said. "And don't even think about yelling, I don't want to make a mess." You said.

"He's a disgusting-"

"I'm going to stop you right there before you finish your sentence with some sort of slur. To be perfectly honest with you, pulling your friend's throat out from his body wouldn't be anything new." You said putting the blade closer to his throat. "Now rephrase what you wanted to say."

"He's a disgrace to humanity." The other guy said.

"I don't see no he around?" You said. You pulled the knife away from his throat and pushed him to the ground.

"That's a man." One of them pointed at the girl.

"Right." You said. "And do I look like I've just came to this earth? You beat 'em up. Interrupted my drink."

The shorter guy took his own knife out and put it to your face. "You support the devil's work?"

"Are you under the influence?" You asked bending down to the shorter one's level. "High by any chance?" He took the knife and cut your cheek. You straightened up. "That was unnecessary." You said and slapped the knife out of his hand. He wasn't holding a tight grip on it that's for sure.

They stood there silent. "What are you two waiting for?" You asked kneeling down to check on the girl. "Get a fucking move on." You said.

They both took off, out of the alley.

You clicked your tongue and turned back to the girl. "You good?" You asked.

"Could be better." She said and stood up.

"What's your name?" You asked.

"Carla." She said.

"Y/n."

"You'll be alright?." You asked.

"Can you take me home, please?" She asked.

"You trust to sit in strangers car?" You asked and took your car keys out.

"You didn't drink right?" She asked.

"I could barely take a sip from my martini girly pop, I have about no alcohol in my system." You said.

"Then yes." She said.

"Alright." You said and started walking to your car. She was pretty confident. You liked that. She was definitely younger than you, so it was still a question, how did she even get into the situation. People go around the pub on the other side of the road. They didn't like it and they made sure to not come close to it unless they were going drinking.

You sat in and Carla sat in the passengers seat.

You started up your car and pulled out of the parking lot. You turned on to the main road. "Where do you live?" You asked. It sounded kind of creepy if you really thought about it, but you didn't plan on taking this girl to your home that's for sure.

"Two blocks from here, take two rights, and one left, it's going to be the third house on the right." She said.

You turned right and went down the road.

The lights of the road shone into the car, you could actually see her face. She was pretty bruised up. "What'd you do to make those guys so angry." You asked.

"Exist." She said.

"You gonna have to be more specific." You said.

"I go against their religion." She said.

"You're an atheist?"

"I'm trans." She said.

"Oh shit my bad." You said taking the next right.

"You still want to take me home?"

"Why you don't want me to?" You asked looking at her.

"I just thought maybe-"

"Not really." You cut her off. "Not that kinda person." You said and looked back at the road taking that last left and slowing down.

You stopped in front of the house. It was a nice house, two level, pretty garden, at least that's what you could tell in the dark.

"Want me to walk you in?" You asked.

"It's not necessary, my dad's home." She said.

"I insist." You said.

Carla smiled and got out of the car. You followed her out and up to the porch. She knocked on the door. "I left my keys at home." She said.

The door opened. "Carla? What the shit happened to you?"

You recognize that voice. "Nothing." Carla said. "Oh dad this is Y/n." He opened the door to see you.

"Dad?!"