64

You poured out the tea into both of the cups, just as Wilbur shook up.

"Where am I?" He asked.

You turned around with cups in hand. "In my kitchen." You said and put the first cup of tea in front of Alex, the other one you kept yourself.

"The diamonds?" Will asked. "What did you do with them?" He stood up, but quickly fell back down into the chair.

"Your diamonds are waiting for you in the living room. And you shouldn't stand, you are severely concussed." You said and sipped on your tea.

"What did you do?"

"I hit you in your bigass head with a pry bar."

"Maxwell? What happened to him?" He asked. "You didn't kill him-"

"I'm not a monster William." You cut him off. "Alexis give us a minute." You said. Alex stood up and walked out of the kitchen.

"You were out for a day and a half. I made sure you didn't die, but I needed that money the diamonds gave me. I sold the diamonds, I have the money, you're awake, so leave."

"But the diamonds are here."

"I shot the guy in the doorway." You said and sipped on your tea.

Wilbur sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"So.." You said. "If that's all you have to say, I think it's time for you to leave." You said. "You outstayed your visit." You added.

"Let me stay for another 20 minutes. I'll explain everything."

"No thanks."

"I want to apologize."

"You have five minutes."

"Ten."

"Five. End of deal." You said.

Will took a deep breath.

"I know what I did, was messed up."

"You don't say." You took another sip from your tea.

"And I know I hurt you in unimaginable ways. And I also know that I deserved every word you said. I was stupid, and completely in my head. You were right, I was never there when you needed me, but you loved me unconditionally, and was there every step. I'm aware that with that one long sentence I took your whole life away from you. All of what happened to you was really my fault and I had no right to change your status." He said.

"You don't really get it do you? You didn't just take my life away. You took my family, the only closest thing I had to one at the time. I needed them, but when they also needed me, you removed me. Permanently." You said.

Wilbur got up. "Let me finish please." He said.

"Go ahead."

"I want to apologize for firing you, I want to apologize for saying you were dangerous, for not being there when you wanted me, for not being able to listen to you and so on. I can't even list the amount things I did wrong, but for everything, I'm genuinely actually sorry and I love you." He said.

"Great." You said.

"Great?"

"Yeah. Great." You put your empty cup down and leaned on the counter.

"So you take my apology?" He asked.

"No." You said. "I won't. I appreciate you apologizing but I won't take it."

"I understand."

"You're done?" You asked.

"I guess so." He said.

"Okay then go." You said.

Will looked like he wanted to say something, but he stopped himself and pushed his chair in. "You know," he started. You sighed. "Everyone misses you and they're angry at me." He said and waked up to you. "James took my title of second hand manager, and I'm being tormented by your team. I know I deserve it. But I'm being reminded of my mistake every day."

"Isn't that the point of life." You said. "To be reminded of everything we fucked up?"

"I don't know."

"I'm mad at you Wilbur. A lot. You took everything from me."

"I know."

"So in my opinion, you deserve the tormenting, and punishments."

"Of course, I knew you'd say that." He said.

"What does that supposed to mean?" You asked.

He suddenly grabbed your chin and turned your head. You slapped his hand away from your face. "What happened to you?" He asked.

"Some random guy cut my face. Why do you care so suddenly?" You asked. "Also I thought I told you to leave, see yourself out." You said.

"Right." He said and started walking out of the kitchen, but stopped in the doorway.

"Nick got kidnapped." He said.

"What?"

"We've been searching for you, to ask for help."

"Thought you knew where I was, you were watching me."

"No. I requested to stop keeping records of you. So we didn't know where you were." He said and turned back around.

"Who?" You asked simply.

"Asher Simone." He said. "Nate stole the blueprints you made about one of the pyramids of Giza. The one where you found a plus room that you planned on opening. That's our pinpoint. We think Nate took Nick there and we don't exactly know what he's going to do." He said.

"Nate works for Asher?" You asked stunned.

"Yes. He's been a brick inside our agency, telling everything about us to Asher." He said.

"Fucking knew that guy wasn't just a jerk." You said and thought for a second. "You're on your own though. I'm not going to be involved. I'm not helping you." You said.

"You don't have to help me. But you have to help Nick. He needs you. He needs all of us to get him out. We know he could protect himself, but he can't get out of there without our help. We need to work around our differences for him."

Nick is your friend, yes, but you swore you'll never come back to them. For some reason you thought you could just leave them behind, but everything connects up to them.

You won't be helping Will, you'll help Nick. And he does need you. You need your friends too.

You need your team back together.

"Okay." You said. "I'll help Nick. But with one condition."

"Anything."

"If we find that room, I want sixty percent of whatevers in there." You said.

"Consider it done." Will said. You nodded.

"Good." You said looking down. "Do you have a name for this operation?" You asked looking at the ground.

"Big pyramid mugging."