41

You walked into the hallway leading to the elevator and most meeting rooms.

It was on the top floor, on the same floor as the pub. Heavily guarded, no one who isn't registered can get in. Useful since the 'Only employees' door was never locked.

"Well," Wilbur started, stopping in front of a meeting room door. "This is where I am." He said.

"I'm downstairs." You said pointing to the elevator. "See you around Will." You said.

You turned around and started walking.

"Wait!" Will yelled after you. You stopped and looked back around. Wilbur walked up to you and pressed a gentle kiss on your cheek.

As he was pulling away from you, you grabbed him by the tie and pulled him into a kiss. It was fast, nothing special. You let go of him.

He was smiling like a fucking dumbass, his face and the tips of his ears red like a tomato. "Really thought you were going to get away with a tiny kiss?" You asked sarcastically.

"I was hoping." He said.

You smiled and waved him bye while walking to the elevator.

You pressed the call button and pulled out your phone to the sight that it was in fact on the bottom floor.

You waited around for a minute before you got tapped on the shoulder.

You turned around and was met by Niki.

"Hi!" She said.

"What's up?" You asked turning your phone off and focusing your attention to Niki.

"Nothing special. With you?" She asked, she strangely made the last question sound like she saw you and Will kiss. Which is what probably happened.

"Not anything worth mentioning." You said as the elevator door opened.

Niki just made a hummed while smiling. "Sure, nothing worth mentioning." She said.

"It's true! Nothing happened." You said trying your best to defend your dignity you had left.

"Stop acting like I didn't see what I saw." Niki said and pressed the button to the floor you were going to.

"Stalker. Why were you looking anyway?"

"I don't have to tell you. And I won a bet." She said.

"Ha ha let me guess you bid on me and Will being a thing." You said.

"Exactly, and I made the deal with Jack." She said. You just let out a cackle and pulled out your phone again.

Text from Schlatt.

I'm back from Florida. Bringing the keys around today. Are u home?

You quickly typed back an answer.

Depends on when u bring the keys

What if I bring it around in two hours? That good?

Yep

Alr. Thanks for the house btw, real big help

No worries bro. Anything for Jshat

Dickhead

You smiled and turned your phone off again.

You finally got to the floor. Niki walked out before you, leading the way to the meeting room. You took your jacket off and when you stepped in, threw it at one on the chairs in the corner.

Ash was already inside, he was on his phone. So was mostly everyone else in there. You must've been the last two to arrive at that time.

When you walked up to the table, Ash shut his phone off and dropped it in his pocket.

He looked around the room inspecting everyone who was there. "Nate?" He asked. "Where the hell is he?"

Everyone looked at Andrew for an answer. "He should be coming around any minute." He said.

Ash just stared into nothingness for a second before smacking his lips and finally starting to talk.

"Alright, we can do this without him. So. Jumping right into the details, we're going to Poland, our time is limited so we'll have to meet up in full gear, at three am, at the helipad." He said.

"Now," Ash started. "A rival gang, lead by Asher Simone, somehow got their dirty little hands on American missiles." Ash took out a folder and handed it to Niki. "JJ already located where they are, we just have to deactivate them-"

The meeting room door opened. Nate stepped in sipping on his coffee in complete calmness. He slowly walked over to the table, letting the door close behind him.

"Nice of your to join us Matthews." Ash said.

"Fuck you." Nate said and put his coffee down, leaning on his husband.

Niki gave you the files. You put it down on the table and started to look through. There was nothing special that caught your eye, it was just a normal file. You handed it over to Nick.

"Anyway. We'll split into two groups, Alpha and Bravo. Third team, Unit 67, on radio, Charlie, will be giving visuals with Moth-1, and ordering airstrike when needed." Ash said. "Everything else is usual. Watcher-03 aka Alyssa, our dispatcher, and we'll be on radio stations seven, eight and nine." He said.

"Any questions?" Ash asked. Jack put his hand up. "Yes Jack?"

"What are the teams Cap?" He asked.

"Right. Courtesy of James, we have Clay Smith for this mission as well, by the way." Ash took out a paper. Good, you'll have someone you know well on the team. "Alpha will be lead by me. On my team is Manifold, Armstrong, Goldsmith and Kamsky. Leader of Bravo team is.." Ash stopped for a minute.

Nate straightened up, giving his full attention to Ash. He looked so determined, like he actually wanted to lead Bravo team. He wasn't exactly leader material, especially when most of the people here are from freelance, he's used to leading sniper teams.

"L/N. And the rest of you, plus Clay, will be in Bravo." Ash said and put the paper down.

"Why the rookie?" Nate asked.

"Because I said so. All of you are dismissed. Three am at the helipad. Don't be late." Ash said and walked out.

You looked over to Niki. She shrugged. You turned around and grabbed your jacket. Everyone flood out in the hallway, going there own way, Niki and you heading over to the elevator.

"Hey, L/N!" Nate yelled. You stopped walking. "Who the hell you think you are." Nate asked like it wasn't really a question.

"Pardon?" You turned around.

"I asked you a fucking question." Nate said.

"You think I payed Ash to make me team captain? Think I have pleasure in having you in Bravo?" You walked over to him.

"I've been here for years, trying to get Ash's approval. And you come here, with zero fucking experience and think you can just take over?" Nate got closer to you.

"Zero experience? I've been doing this since I was twelve. And I'm not trying to take over dick-for-brains. The last thing I wanna do is take over." You said.

"Seems like you do." Nate started to raise his voice.

"Ash chose me. So until I'm team captain, you're under my ruling or whatever. You wanna live, follow my instructions." You said.

"Fuck your instructions. You think you do five missions and can become a fucking leader? You'll be absolutely eaten alive -"

"I'm going to stop you right there. If you have issues you can tell everything to Ash. Have a great day Matthews." You said and walked off.

What a fucking prick.