45

"What the fuck Nate!"

"The hell were you thinking? You were given orders."

"You could kill us all."

Everyone was talking at once. They were right. Nate shouldn't have done that. You could potentially lose your life.

"Solve this later. If we survive. Prepare for airstrike! Scatter!" You yelled.

Everyone started running wherever they could see, before you realized you were alone.

And for the first time you were scared.

Not of death. But of loosing and leaving Will alone. You couldn't do that to him. You couldn't leave him. You can't die.

You ran for your life like no tomorrow, who knew maybe there wasn't a tomorrow anyway.

The first small missile fell, it didn't hit far from you. It shook the ground, all you could do was run.

You were barely looking at your surroundings.

Everything was blurry. You didn't know if you were yelling, or in silence. The adrenaline was pushing you.

It was raining hellfire. You were constantly being shot at, bombs, missiles, even the soldiers in the helicopter were shooting where ever they could.

You focused back in the heli, seeing it lock target on someone else. You looked forward of you seeing Jack.

The chopper was locked on Jack.

No way.

"Jack!"

Too fucking late. The bomb fell.

You saw Jack get blown away into the third building, while you fell back also. You landed quite hard, and to give you a harder time, one of the soldiers shot you in the upper thigh.

You couldn't have cared less, Jack was in way worse shape and he was being targeted again.

You got yourself together as fast as you could, jumping back on your feet, running as fast as you could with your injured leg. He was lying close to the building, so as soon as you got to him, you grabbed the back of his vest and pulled him into the building just before the second missile hit.

You sat Jack up next to a wall, slapping his face, calling his name. "Jack!? Jack, can you hear me? Jack please." You said. "Fucking hell." The pain of your own leg hit you.

You grabbed the bandage again, tearing a big piece and creating a compression above the wound, again.

You focused back to Jack, looking for any major injuries. No bleeding, no wounds. But he was out cold, he hit his head hard, he got blown into the wall of the building, that must've gotten his spine. 

Fuck.

"Jack? C'mon man. Don't do this to me." You said.

Your head was a mess. Everything you thought you knew you forgot at that moment. All the shit you should've been doing was completely gone. You were a flick away from breaking down.

You were scared.

"Manifold?!" You shook him. You knew you shouldn't. You couldn't do anything else. "Please..." You leaned your head on his chest trying your best to stay in one piece.

You were loosing it. You were terrified. "Bravo two-four to dispatch how copy." You didn't know what else to do.

"Solid copy two-four. How's it going?" Alyssa asked. It was actually comforting to hear her voice.

"We got man down." You said. "Not sure if he's dead. But I don't know what to do." You said.

"Is he breathing?" She asked.

You picked your head up and watched his chest. You saw it raise, then slowly fall.

It was like a rock fell from your heart. You could focus again, the sweet relief. He was alive.

"He is." You said. "He's alive."

"Okay, ordering Moth-1 to your coordinates. Watcher-03 out." Alyssa said.

You fell backwards to sit.

They were still going at it. Bombing everything in their paths. Is your team still alive? Are they okay? Who's injured?

You couldn't let them die out there, you should do something.

You put your hand on your radio again, this time hesitantly speaking. You knew Ash was angry, you didn't know if he'd talk to anyone in Bravo right now.

"Ash?" You started. "I need your help." You said.

"Copy that, what do you need." He said.

You stood up and walked out the door, still sticking to the wall. You wanted to snipe down the drivers of the Helicopter. You needed a clear space for Moth-1 to send down a basket.

"I'm going to get one of the drivers. You get the other." You said prepping the rifle and pointed at the chopper.

"You got it." Ash said.

You focused the scope on the main pilot of the helicopter.

You needed to calm down now. You have to get this shot. A shot into a moving helicopter.

You missed the last time when you had to stay sharp.

"Stay sharp N/N." Ash said into the radio. It calmed you. At least a little bit.

You live only once.

You pulled the trigger. In the scope you saw you hit him right in the head. Ash didn't miss either. The helicopter tipped downwards.

With no one to drive it, it went out of control, spinning in the air for a while before hitting the ground.

It didn't take it long to go up in flames. Whoever survived ran out trying to put out the fire. But they couldn't do it too long, you shot them before they could focus on you.

You lowered your gun in absolute shock. You didn't know wether to cry or collapse. You gulped looking into the sky, trying to spot Moth-1.

They were close now. Very close.

You secured your gun and run back into the building squatting down next to Jack, and picking him up bridal style.

When you ran out of the building the rival gang already backed their people up. They started shooting at you, luckily missing most shots.

"Y/N! Go! I'll cover!" Niki said from behind you.

The stretcher was let down for you, you quickly dropped Jack on it, strapped him in and waved Moth-1 to go.

It quickly took off and you were right back in the field, shooting every guy you saw.

Soon enough they were cleared out, and it didn't seem like they'll back up for a while.

You'll have a fun talk with Nate while you wait for the extraction team.