Book 4 ~ Chapter 15

Korra, Lei, and Wu had arrived at the Foggy Bottom Swamp, a place with strong history. They sat atop a cliff, admiring the view of the vast swamp. If they weren't careful, they would be lost for ages.

"The Swamp is a really strange place. But if you stick with me and Naga you'll be fine," Korra says as she turns to look at Wu, she turned to Lei, "Follow closely behind me, Lei,"

They carefully entered the swamp, sticking closely together. Many Fauna were passerbys such as Giant flies, Possum Chickens, and Frog Squirrels. Wu began to feel anxious and brought out his bug spray, ready to attack any bug that comes near him.

"Let's just find Toph and get out of here," Wu says hurriedly.

"First, I have to figure out where she is," Korra says.

"I thought you said you've been to her house before," Wu asks.

"It's more like a... weird hermit's cave. And yes, I've been there before but there aren't exactly street signs we can follow," Korra answers as she gets off Naga. Lei halts Kaya to stop.

"Then how will we know which way to go?" Wu asks once more.

"Energy flows differently here. I can tap into it and connect with Toph," Korra answers, as she places her hand on one of the trees roots.

"Speaking of flowing..." Wu says as he gets off Naga and walks over to a tree to use it as a lavoratory. Lei gets off Kaya and walks toward Korra.

"Korra, what is Toph like?" Lei asks, Korra turns to her.

"She's hardheaded, bit stubborn, but she is a loyal fighter. Why do you ask?" Korra turns a question to her, Lei shifts nervously.

"History shows that my grandmother and her never really got along, so I'm quite nervous to what she might think of me or my family," Lei explained.

"I'm sure her views of your grandmother won't affect her views on you, trust me," Korra says, Lei smiles. Korra turns back to the root to figure out Toph's location. Lei turns around to check on Wu, to find no trace of him.

"Wu?" Lei says, as she walks to the direction he went in. She looked around and found no trace of him. She was walking back where she came when she noticed Korra nor the animals were no where in sight.

"Korra?" Lei said aloud, no response, she repeated once more but shouted, "Korra!"

That moment, she heard the winds howl louder as the branches of trees forcefully touched each other. She heard footsteps behind her, turned quickly but no one was there.

"Who's there?" Lei asked, shakily. She looked closer to see Lord Zuko. She was oddly confused to find him here in the middle of the swamp. "Lord Zuko? What are yo—,"

"You're a disgrace to this family. Causing trouble everywhere you go all because of your grandmother," Zuko said angrily, Lei widened her eyes in fear and confusion.

"I thought you were proud of who I am," Lei said, as her voice broke. Lord Zuko shunned her.

"Only thing I'm proud of is that you will be locked up for eternity, we cannot risk another war, we don't know what my sister taught you," Lord Zuko answered, Lei covered her ears and huddled in the ground.

"It's a dream, It's just the swamp, Lei," she said to herself, the voices of the Fire Nation whispers insults in her head. They were all speaking at the same time but she heard every word that was meant towards her. Moments later, she felt a hand on her shoulder and the voices stopped. She looked up to see Korra standing above her.

"Are you okay? I should have warned you and Wu about the swamp, it loves to mess with you," Korra said, as she held Lei's hand to support her as she stood up.