Book 1 ~ Chapter 8

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

Ever since, we lost the van, we searched every street in the city. We've searched all night long for any trace of the equalists but we found nothing.

"We've been searching all night," Korra said tiredly.

"Wherever they are, they're gone," I said.

"We've got to keep looking," Mako said, he was sad. He was afraid to lose his brother.

"I have an idea, follow me," Korra said and Naga ran.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨

We stopped at a fountain in the Republic City Park. Naga and Kaya started drinking, they must've been tired for running around the whole night.

"Tell me, what are we doing in the park?" I asked as I took a seat on the edge of the fountain.

"The first day I came here, I ran into an equalist protester," Korra explained.

"You think they'll know where Bolin is?" Mako asked.

"It's our only lead, right now," Korra said.

We decided to take a small break while waiting for the equalist that Korra was taking about.

"So, why is Bolin running around with triple threat triad anyways," Korra asked curiously.

"Well, we used to do some work for them back in the day," Mako said, not surprised, he looks like a criminal.

"Are you some kind of criminal?" Korra seemed annoyed.

"No, You don't know what you're talking about, I just helped out with numbers and stuff, we were orphans on the street, and I did what I had to do to survive and protect my little brother," Mako said angrily.

"I'm sorry, it must have been really hard," Korra said softly. "Can I ask what happened to your parents,"

"Korra," I warned, She's not supposed to ask these kinds of things.

"No, it's okay," Mako paused, "They were mugged by a fire bender in front of me, I was 8,"

It was odd. His life changed when he turned 8. So did I. Guess, me and him have something in common after all.

"Oh," Korra said.

"Bolin is the only family I have left, and if anything happened to him, I would never forgive myself," Mako said.

We all decided to rest, I took a small nap on Kaya next to a tree. After the small nap, I was wide awake. By the time I woke up, it was morning. I stood up and stretched, when I glanced at Korra. I smiled at the scene before me. Korra's head was leaning on Mako's shoulder. I coughed awkwardly, and they immediately woke up. They looked at each other, and immediately pulled apart from each other. It was obvious they were both blushing.

"Morning, love birds," I teased, Korra glared at me, I winked at her. "Look,"

I pointed to a guy protesting about equality at the other side of the park.

"That's the guy," Korra said.

Three of us walked up to the protestor, who seemed disgusted when he saw Korra.

"You again! You cannot silence me, Avatar," he shouted.

"You're right, I can't," Korra paused and looked at me, "But maybe she can,"

I smirked and ran up to him. I high kicked the mega phone he was holding and knocked it to the ground. It smashed into pieces. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pinned him against the nearest light pole, and opened my palm to produce a blue flame. Korra and Mako were standing beside me, as I pinned the protester against the light pole.