Book 2 ~ Chapter 6

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

I opened my eyes tiredly, and I yawn as I look around. I was on a bed but I wasn't in Air Temple Island. The place looked a bit familiar, and then I realized that this was Mako's bed in his apartment. I take off the blanket that covers my legs, and get up from the bed. I started walking to the living room, and see that no one was here. I looked at the kitchen counter and see that there was a note under an empty mug. I pick up the mug and get the note from under.

Lin called us in for something urgent. I didn't want to wake you, so just come to the station when you wake up. I'll cover for you. There's coffee in the heater to wake you up. Also, Don't forget to lock the apartment. See you later :)

I smiled lightly at how sweet and kind Mako was. With the mug in my hand, I go to the heater in the corner of the kitchen counter. I pour coffee into mug until it fills to the top. If we were called to the station for something urgent, then I should probably hurry. I quickly drink my mug of coffee until there was none left. I run to the bathroom, and quickly wash my face and fix my hair. Once I looked presentable, I quickly grab my swords placed on the coffee table and head out of the apartment. I lock the other side of the door and close it shut. Once I'm outside of the building, I stand at the edge of the sidewalk. I look around for any taxi. When I saw one, I raised my hand to get his attention. The car stops in front of me, and I hop inside. I told the driver to head for the station as quickly as possible. On the way there, I kept thinking about how great this job was. It was a really fun experience for me. Once I arrived, I payed the driver, and make my way into the building. I enter the offices and see Mako rummaging through the detective's desk drawers. I raised my eyebrow questioningly, and approach him.

"What exactly are you doing?" I said, and Mako looked up.

"Oh, morning, Lei, I'm looking for the remote detonator," Mako replied, as he kept looking.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"A ship was attacked really early in the morning, and that ship had Asami's shipment of mechatanks. Lin is with the witness right now, and asked him a few questions about the bomb. They think its the Northern Water tribe but the witness said the bomb was different in a way that it looked like it was detonated," Mako explained.

"Like the bombing at the cultural center," I said, as I got what he was trying to say.

"Found it!" Mako exclaimed, as he held a small box with the picture of the suspect and the detonator.

Mako and I started running to the interrogation room, since Lin and the witness were still there. He explained to me the situation as we kept running. When we entered the room,  I saw the witness sitting down on the table, with Lin and the detectives beside him. Mako stepped in front of the table, and I went by his side.

"Chief, we think there is a link to this attack and to the attack at the cultural center," Mako said confidently, as he placed the box in front of the witness.

"What do you think you're doing?" Lin said angrily, as she crossed her arms.

"Solving this case," Mako sassed.

"Did any of the people that attack you have something like this in their hands?" Mako explained.

"We think it's a remote detonator," I added.

"It was too dark to see anything," the witness said.

"Mako! Lei!" Lin warned.

"Chief! I don't think that the Northern Water Tribe were responsible for this," Mako said.