Book 1 ~ Chapter 34

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

Korra eyes shot open, and her breathing became unsteady. Once Amon let go of her, she fell to the floor once her bending was taken away.

"I told you I would destroy you," Amon said.

"Finally, you are powerless," Amon added.

Korra was on all fours, trying to break free from the bloodbending. She kneeled and tried to make what looked like a fire punch, but nothing came out. Suddenly, the door opened and the head equalist came inside the gym.

"Everything the Avatar said was true, wasn't it? I just saw you bloodbend her," The head equalist said.

He threw his mask on the ground, and stomped on it, making the lens break into pieces.

"You traitor!" He exclaimed as he ran at him, with his electrical rods.

He kept running until he was bloodbended by Amon into the air. He dropped the rods as he was in the air.

"Thank you for serving me well, Lieutenant," Amon said, before throwing him into the pile of planks.

Amon made his way to Mako, and made him be on his knees. Mako looked at me, and I saw the position of his hands. He suddenly struck lightning right into Amon, knocking him back. I felt my body break free and I stood up. Mako stood up and sent fire punches to the planks around him, causing it to fall on him. That should keep him distracted for a while, but not for long. Mako quickly picked up Korra, and we made our way out into the hall. We kept running down the hall, as fast as we could.

"Guys, my bending," Korra said weakly, as she was carried in Mako's arms.

"Everything will be alright, we just have to get out of here," Mako said.

I suddenly stopped running and gasped.  I realized I couldn't move at all. Mako suddenly stopped as well, but in the process dropping Korra on the floor. I was hung in the air and banged to the side of the wall. I groaned in pain as I hit the ground. I saw Mako being banged into ceiling then to the walls. Mako fell to the floor, and was on his knees. Amon approached him and stood behind him, as Mako's head was jerked upwards.

"I'm impressed, no one has ever gotten the better of me. It's almost a shame to take away such talent," Amon said.

"Almost," Amon repeated, as he slowly put his finger on Mako's forehead.

"No!!" Korra shouted, as she suddenly sent a huge gust of air, pushing Mako, Me, Amon, further down the hall.

"I can airbend?" Korra said. I smiled.

"You can airbend, Korra!" I exclaimed in triumph.

"I can airbend," Korra said strongly, as she continuously attacked Amon with air punches.

She was able to knock him all the way to the end of the hall. Mako helped me stand up, as we witnessed the scene before us. Suddenly, Amon bloodbended Korra again, but somehow Korra resisted it.

"No...you.....don't!!" Korra said, as she sent an air kick to Amon, knocking him out of the window and into the water.

Mako and I ran up to Korra. Mako helped Korra stand up, while I searched the water for any sign of Amon. Then, a water tornado burst from the depths, and on top of it was Amon. Only, his red scar had faded away revealing himself to the crowd. The crowd below exchanged gasps and realizations that the Avatar has been right this whole time. Amon eyed us before plunging into water to escape. Mako sent fire comets at him, but he managed to escape.