Book 2 ~ Chapter 15

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

I was holding tightly and strapped onto one of the plane's mast, with Mako tied as well, by my side and strapped to the same mast. Bolin was on the other side of the plane while Asami was, of course, sitting on the pilot's seat. We were already really high up and I could feel the ice cold air blowing through my hair, as the winds grew stronger the higher we went. Flying next to us was Oogi and the rest of the team. We were about to initiate the plan of attack.

"Are you ready?" Asami shouted.

"I'm an earth bender, strapped to the wing of the plane, 1,000 feet above the ground. So, I guess that's a no," Bolin shouted back, I laughed.

"Don't worry, There's no way they'll be expecting this," Mako shouted.

We passed the clouds, and I saw the Spirit portal ahead of me. The beam of light came from the ground and touched the sky till the very top. Dark spirits surrounded the portal in the sky. While, we saw hundreds of Mechtanks and soldiers getting ready to defend the portal.

"I think they were expecting it!" Bolin shouted.

Suddenly, ice spikes were being brutally fired at us. As an instinct, I held onto the mast tightly expecting what happened next. Asami abruptly turned leaned the plane to the right, making us avoid the first shots of ice spikes.

"AAAAAASSAAAAAAMMMMIIIIIIIIII!" Bolin shouted, as Asami kept turning the plane dodging every attack they were throwing at us.

"Get ready!" Asami shouted.

Asami twisted and turned the plane avoiding every attack, as we descended, so that we ourselves could attack.

"FIRE!" Asami shouted.

That was my cue. Asami took us lower next to places that looked like a storage facility. Mako started firing blasts while I threw lightning, causing explosions through some of their facilities. Asami took us higher to get ready for the next attack while dodging a couple more ice spikes. Then, she took us lower, near the herd of mechatanks. Once we were low enough, Bolin started throwing some earth-disc bombs at the mechatanks. Asami started ascending and when we were at a safe distance, Bolin pressed the remote to detonate the bomb. We circled around and spotted where the ice spikes were coming from. It was right next to the fence of the Spirit Forest. Asami turned and drove right by the hidden base, while Bolin planted bombs and detonated them. The plane went higher and we were about to prepare ourselves for our next attack, until the back of our plane was hit badly, causing me to almost fall off but I regained my balance.

"Brace yourselves for impact!"  Asami shouted.

The plane started descending really fast, and I hugged the mast that I was tied to. Then, I felt a figure hugging me, pushing me against the pole tightly. It was Mako. I closed my eyes and waited for impact. The plane hit the ground and the rope that I was tied to got cut off. I fell onto the soft snow and darkness overcame me.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨

I woke up and didn't know exactly where I was. My feet and hands were chained together. I was at the back of a camel. I looked around and saw Mako and the others chained and carried as well. We stopped, then one of them suddenly picked me up and went inside a tent. Mako and the others were being carried as well. Suddenly, they threw us abruptly to the floor of the tent. I hit the ground and groaned in pain.

"We tried," Mako said, while looking ahead.

I turned to his direction and saw Korra, Kya, and Tenzin were tied up as well. My thoughts started were asking where Bumi was. Behind Korra, was her father tied up, hands at his back, against a pole. There were these weird twins inside the tent as well, but I couldn't tell which one of them was a boy or a girl. Suddenly, a long-faced man entered with very elegant water tribe robes. This man must be Unalaq.