Book 1 ~ Chapter 1

Lei fell on the ground with a groan. She didn't want to give up, she never does. She gets up slowly, wipes the sweat of her forehead, and locks eyes with her attacker, Lord Zuko. This was the last phase of her training, a small sparring session with one of the greatest Firebenders in the world, who fought side by side with Avatar Aang himself. He was standing in the middle of a red circle. He said that if she was able to get him out of the perimeter of the red circle, he will grant her a special mission. She always wanted to do something that was important only entrusted to her. As the granddaughter of Azula, trust was a really complicated issue for Lei. But there was one good thing about being Azula's granddaughter, and that was obtaining her signature blue flame. She breathes heavily and gets into an attack position.

"AGAIN," Lord Zuko shouted.

Lei ran and threw a blazing ring at Lord Zuko by making arc movements with her arms. He easily deflects it with a swift kick, and sends a stream of fire her way. She bends her upper body to the right to avoid being scorched. She creates a large fire lash sending him a few steps backwards. With that, she lifts both her hands up and creates a wall of flame, pushing Lord Zuko to edge of the red circle. She thought she had it, until Lord Zuko broke her wall by redirecting the fire at her. He was still standing at the edge of the circle, just a few steps and he was out. She suddenly had an idea, and made it into reality. She created a circle made of fire around Lord Zuko. With her augmenting ability, she made the walls of the circle higher, making them hotter by the second. Lord Zuko felt sweat drip from the side of his head, he already knew that the blue flame was the hottest fire of them all. He was impressed by her exceeding skills. She made the circle smaller and smaller until the wall covering Lord Zuko was only the length of an arm away from him.

"Alright," Lord Zuko started, Lei put her attention to his voice, "You've succeeded your last task,"

The the walls of fire lowered as Lei put her hands down. As the fires were put out, she saw Lord Zuko with crossed arms. He walked up to her and smiled at her.

"You've certainly exceeded my expectations, Lei," Lord Zuko said, Lei smiled.

"Thank you, Lord Zuko," Lei bowed. He bowed back.

"What is the mission you will be giving me?" Lei asked excitedly.

"I'm giving you the position as the Secretary General of the United Forces, along side your cousin," Lei frowned.

"That's the mission? That isn't a responsibility," Lei complained.

"It is a responsibility," Lord Zuko pointed out.

"A mission means I do something very important because you trusted it to me. And your so called 'mission' is a position," Lei said.

"You have the stubbornness of your grandmother, you know that," Lord Zuko sighed. Lei smiled.

"Alright, I'll give you an important task, and it concerns Master Tenzin," Lord Zuko started.

"Master Tenzin? Avatar Aang's son? The airbender?" Lord Zuko nodded.

"What do you want me to do?" Lei asked curiously.

"Tenzin is a councilman in Republic City and you might be helpful to him with the crime rate," Lord Zuko explained.

"Doesn't that mean I'll have to move to Republic City?" Lei asked. Lord Zuko nodded.

"I'll inform Tenzin and he will most likely let you stay in Air Temple Island," Lord Zuko said.

"When should I move out?" Lei asked. Lord Zuko thought for a moment.

"Well, by now, Tenzin should be on his way home from the South Pole," Lei furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why did he go to the South Pole?" Lei asked.

"He needed to tell Avatar Korra that he will need to postpone their airbending lessons since he's needed in Republic City," Lord Zuko explained. Lei nodded slowly.

"Lei, just know that you can always come home, and the secretary general position will always be open to you," Lord Zuko said softly. Lei smiled lightly.

"Thank you, grand uncle," Lei said. Lord Zuko glared.

"I told you never to call me that," Lei chuckled.

"Go on, you need to pack," Lei nodded, and ran off excitedly. Lord Zuko smiled at her grandniece.

Later that night, Lei slept soundly awaiting the journey for her the next day.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨

The next day, Lei was about to leave for Republic City

The next day, Lei was about to leave for Republic City. She was scratching Kaya's head which soother her. Kaya was an Armadillo lion, a very large one for her kind. She was gifted to her by Lord Zuko, to protect her. Lei stood on the docks as she watched the ferry as it sits upon the water. At the end of the docks, she saw Lord Zuko and his daughter Firelord Izumi walking their way up to her. Firelord Izumi was like a mother to Lei. She taught her everything she needed to know as a woman.

"I'm going to miss you, Lei, take care," Firelord Izumi said as she wrapped her arms around Lei for a hug.

"I will," Lei said softly, Firelord Izumi pulls away and she looks at Lord Zuko, who approaches her.

"You know, you are the only thing I have left of my sister," Lord Zuko said. Lei smiled lightly, and embraced Lord Zuko tightly.

"Don't worry, grand uncle, I can protect myself," Lei teased. He smiled widely.

Before she boarded the ferry, she waved goodbye to Firelord Izumi and Lord Zuko. She took a deep breath and stepped into the ferry.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨

AUTHORs NOTE:
This was edited because of grammar and information issues but it has the same storyline. I'm going to continue to do this to the other chapters so don't mind me and my O.C 😅 Thank you 😊