Book 2 ~ Chapter 1

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

I finally arrived at the Fire Nation, I couldn't wait to see Lord Zuko and Aunt Izumi. As the boat was preparing to come at a stop, I looked at the harbor and spotted a familiar ship. It was Iroh's ship. As soon as the ship docked at the harbor, I could see from the deck that there were a few guards and a Sato Mobile ready for me. Sometimes, Aunt Izumi overreacts when it comes to me traveling. There was one time I had to be escorted to my own bathroom. I stepped onto the dock with Kaya by my side. The Fire Nation guards approached me and bowed in front of me.

"Princess, your ride is waiting for you," One of the guards said.

"Make sure Kaya gets there safely as well," I said. The guard nodded, as he brought Kaya with him.

I stepped inside the Sato Mobile, only to see Iroh sitting on one of the seats.

"You have got to be kidding me," I said. He chuckled.

"Good to see you too, Lei," Iroh said. I closed the door behind me and took a seat opposite to Iroh. The Sato mobile started moving once I was inside.

"Aren't you supposed to be with the United Republic in Republic City? I didn't see you after we separated in the tunnels," I said.

"I heard you were returning, so I had to come," Iroh explained. I raised my eyebrow.

"When did you arrive? I saw your ship in the harbor," I said.

"Just arrived, I heard you were almost here so I waited for you," Iroh replied.

"What about the United Forces? Don't they need their leader in Republic City?" I asked.

"Don't worry, Commander Bumi has the situation handled while I'm gone, I'm only staying for a few days," Iroh said.

"Same for me, I'm just going to see what Lord Zuko wants to talk to me about," I said.

I looked out the window, and saw a busy street, filled with shops and sato mobiles. The Fire Nation had changed when Modern Technology was invented. Moments later, we arrived at the palace, and I could see guards lined up. At the end of the line, was Lord Zuko and Aunt Izumi, I smiled through the window. The Sato Mobile stopped and Iroh opened the door for me, and helped me down. We both went up to Lord Zuko and Firelord Izumi, who had grins on their faces. I hugged Aunt Izumi first, and she hugged me back tightly.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Izumi asked as she was doing an inspection on me. I chuckled and shook my head.

"I'm fine, I have my bending back," I said and then turned to Lord Zuko.

"How did you get it back?" Lord Zuko asked curiously.

"Korra had a spiritual connection with Aang, he restored Korra's bending, and Korra restored mine," I explained.

"Well, I'm proud of you, Lei, you were very brave," Lord Zuko said. I smiled lightly.

"You can go up to your room and rest," Izumi said. I nodded and bowed to them.

I went up the stairs, and at the corner of my eye, I saw a few guards escort me, from behind. I rolled my eyes, and made my way into the Palace.

As I was going down the entrance hall, there were portraits of people in the Fire Nation family. There was a portrait of Ozai, my great grandfather. He really looked menacing and evil every time I pass by the portrait.

The next was Ursa, Ozai's wife, I smiled at her. She really was so beautiful, I remember learning  through our history, that she was actually Roku's granddaughter, I believe, If I'm not wrong.