Book 3 ~ Chapter 9

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs POV

It was an early morning, Zaofu had lifted the dome so that the sun would shine through the city and the mansion. Everyone had gotten up early for each of their activities for the day. Breakfast for today was served but only Korra, Asami, Mako, Bolin, Su, and Opal had attended the breakfast. Mako noticed that Lei and Beifong weren't here.

"Where is Chief Beifong and Lei?" Mako asked curiously.

"Beifong's probably off sulking in her room," Korra huffed.

"I know she has a problem with me, but she had no right to yell at Opal last night," Su said sternly. Just then, Wei and Wing had ran into the dining hall and went to the basket of fruit beside Korra, grabbing a bite off the apples.

"All set for your power disc game, boys?" Su asked.

"Yeah! All set to kick Wei's butt!" Wing said, as he nudged his brother.

"I'm going to power disc your face!" Wei countered, and turned to Korra, "You should come play with us,"

"Oh, I don't think I'd be much competition since I can't metal bend," Korra chuckled.

"Really? Lin never offered to train you?" Su said in disbelief.

"Nope, and I guess I never thought to bring it up because I was learning how to airbend, then there was pro-bending, then I got tied up with the equalists, it was a busy few months," Korra explained.

"Well, it's probably for the best. I'm sure would be horrible teacher," Su laughed, Korra laughed too.

"As the Avatar, you should have mastery over all the elements, I'd be happy to show you the basics," Su said.

"Really that would be great!" Korra said happily, Opal turned to Bolin.

"You should try it too," Opal said to Bolin, which made him almost choke on his food.

"No, I'm more of a earth guy, the rocks and maybe some light gravel, that's just kinda where my heart is," Bolin said awkwardly.

"Okay, earth guy. Let me know if you change your mind," Su smiled.

"Asami, where's Lei?" Mako asked curiously, Asami looked up from her food.

"I don't know, she was gone this morning when I woke up but I know she had something planned today with Kun," Asami replied, Mako slumped back in his chair and crossed his arms.

"Of course, she does," Mako muttered under his breath.

"Like I said, bro. Anything can happen," Bolin whispered.

Suddenly, everything on the table started shaking and everything including the knifes were thrown off the table, causing everyone to duck down under the table.

"It worked!" Varrick said, "Ju Lee, mark it down, magnet suit test successful,"

Everyone got up from under the table to see Varrick in a magnetic suit with a cord attached to his calf. All the metal from the table were on his suit. Mako noticed that Kun wasn't with Varrick.

"Hey, Varrick, have you seen Kun or Lei?" Mako asked.

"Haven't seen either of them, but he did mention to me that he was gonna show her around the workshop later, probably bragging about the inventions that I created," Varrick said. Mako deeply sighed.

"Alright, Power down," Varrick said, then Ju Lee plugged the cable causing all the metal attached to the suit to fall to the ground.

"Onto Phase 2! Ju Lee cleans up this mess," Varrick said, as he started walking away with his suit. Ju Lee sighed as she saw the amount of metal ware on the ground.