Book 2 ~ Chapter 12

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
BOLINs POV

Tonight was the premiere of my film, and I was on the way there in my limo. I came from the Police Station where Mako and Lei were being held. I felt sad that they couldn't watch what I worked so hard on. I'm glad Varrick gave me the opportunity to do this. Mako and Lei are crazy saying that Varrick was somewhat involved in the attacks. The limo came to a stop right in front of the red carpet. The car door was opened for me and I stepped out, then gave Ginger a hand out of the car. When I stepped out onto the carpet, I was greeted with flashing lights from cameras and cheers from fans. I've never received so much attention before, it felt nice. Ginger held onto my arm as we walked down the red carpet.

"There they are folks! The stars of the film and Republic City's best couple!" Shiro commentated.

Ginger and I waved one last goodbye to the crowd before stepping inside the Arena. The doors closed leaving Ginger and I inside.

"Wow! Did you hear what Shiro said? Us!! The best couple!" I said excitedly, Ginger rolled her eyes.

"Bolin, you're as hard headed as those rocks you bend," Ginger sneered, I raised my eyebrow.

"We are not the best couple!" Ginger added, as she walked away. I sighed.

I followed silently behind Ginger as we entered our private booth for the film showing. When we entered, Asami was already seated. I smiled lightly that she was able to come. I took a seat next to her, while Ginger was seated on my left side. The lights started to dim, and a single spotlight was on Varrick, who was standing on the Arena platform. He was standing right in front of the large white screen.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! I welcome you all to the film premiere of Nuktuk: Hero of the South!" Varrick started, the crowd gave a roaring cheer.

"They told me that pictures couldn't move! They told me that I couldn't make a knucklehead earth bender into a movie star!" Varrick continued, the crowd started laughing. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"On a more serious note, the issue arising about the Northern Water tribe is one of the serious problems our City is facing. And I hope, this mover will inspire a Hero to step up," Varrick said seriously, there was a moment of silence from the crowd.

"Without further ado, enjoy the film!" Varrick said, the crowd broke into a loud cheer as he disappeared from the platform.

The film started playing and I started watching it. I should be happy right now, since I worked so hard, but I can't help but feel sad as the mover progressed. Asami tapped my shoulder and leaned into my ear.

"The film is really great," Asami whispered, I frowned.

"I just wish Mako and the others were here to see it," I sighed.

The mover progressed for an hour or so, and the scene playing was the scene where Juji, played by Pabu, dies in battle. I decided that I couldn't take it anymore, and I needed some fresh air. I stood up and left quietly, ignoring Asami who was asking where I was going. I found myself leaning against the railing at the side of the stadium, that looked over the Republic City Bay. This was also the exact place he had seen Korra kissing Mako, but the thought didn't bother him like it did before. He was so lost in thought, that he hadn't noticed Asami walking over to him, until she stood right beside him.