Book 1 ~ Chapter 11

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

Korra was invited to a Gala hosted by Tarlock in her honor. Unfortunately, I had to go, since everyone else was going. I've always hated these kinds of parties. I've grown tired of it, since we held them so much times in the Fire Nation. Korra and I were getting ready and she was already wearing her traditional water tribe dress. I had something from the fire nation tradition as well. It was worn by my mother once, I heard. Lord Zuko told me to pack it since you never know when you would have to attend a gala. Glad, I listened to him. I went to change in my room, add a bit of make up, and style my hair. I had to look decent, even if I didn't like attending these things. Firelord Izumi taught me how to put on my make up and style my hair when I was young, when I had my very first ball. I wore this dress with pride, I was proud of the fire nation, and I'm glad to be a part of it. Tenzin told me that I had to be at my best behavior since I act as a representative of the Fire Nation, I am a princess after all.

I came out of the room, and onto the courtyard, where everyone was

I came out of the room, and onto the courtyard, where everyone was. They all had their eyes on me.

"Wow! You look amazing, Lei!" Korra exclaimed. I laughed.

"Thanks, Korra," I smiled.

We traveled to the Republic Hall, and it was a short ride. I stepped out of the new asato car, that Tarlock apparently gifted to her, with Korra. We entered the venue, along with Tenzin and his family, and I noticed everyone's eyes were on Korra, who was in front of me.

"Korra, they're staring at you," I said to her. Korra chuckled.

"They're staring at you, Lei, you are very pretty tonight," Korra said. I smiled lightly. What?

When we walked to the middle of the crowd, everyone started clapping. They were all clapping for Korra, and I became happy that these people appreciate her. I smiled at Korra, and she smiled back.

"I can't believe this is all for me," Korra said in awe.

"I'm not sure what Tarlock's plotting, but it's not like him to throw a party for the fun of it," Tenzin said. I nodded.

"If you excuse us, the city awaits its hero," Tarlock said, and dragged Korra away. I looked at Tenzin.

"Follow her, Lei, make sure she doesn't get into any trouble," Tenzin said.

I made my way over to Korra, who was talking to none other than Hiroshi Sato. I've heard of him and what he's invented. I stood next to Korra, and it seems that Tarlock already introduced Korra to Mr. Sato.

"Mr. Sato, this is Princess Lei, of the Fire Nation," Tarlock gestured to me. I shook his hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, your highness," Mr. Sato said. I cringed but dismissed it.

"You too, Mr. Sato," I said.

"Hey Korra! Hey Lei!" Mako said, there was a girl holding his arm, I looked at Korra who didn't seem pleased.