Book 3 ~ Chapter 4

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs POV

Over the past few days of trying to recruit new airbenders, Tenzin had no luck of trying to persuade the airbenders to join our cause. We had already crossed out most of the destinations on the map and we were only a few stops away from Ba Sing Se. A few of us were sitting around the main room, I had my head resting on my hand leaning on the table, looking just as sad and gloomy as the others.

"Ugh, I really thought I had that last guy. I mean, who wouldn't want a bisen as their best friend?" Tenzin questioned frustratedly, as he crossed him arms.

"It's ok, Tenzin. I still wanna be an airbender," Bumi said, putting a hand on his chest. Korra stood up and spoke.

"Okay, we've tried it your way and people just don't seem to be responding. It's time for a little tough love,"

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨

At the next stop, Mako, Bolin, Korra, and I headed down to fetch the new airbender, hoping we could try and convince this one. Korra and Bolin were walking ahead of Mako and I.

"I'm glad you came with us. For a second, I thought you weren't going to come so you can avoid Korra," I said truthfully to Mako, who smiled.

"Well, I remembered your advice, so I decided to start listening to it," Mako smiled, I raised my eyebrow.

"So, what? You haven't been listening to me before?" I questioned, trying to rile him up.

Mako raised his eyebrows and turned to me. "What? No, that's, um, not what I meant at all! I do, listen to your advice, and--,"

"Relax, Mako. I was just kidding," I chuckled, he seemed to be relaxed a bit then gave me a small smile.

We arrived at our destination and stood in front of a house that Mako said was where the airbender should live. Korra stepped up and knocked on the door. After a few moments, the door opened to reveal a middle-aged woman with short brown hair, who looked suprised to see us. She gasped as she looked at Korra.

"Are you the Avatar?" the woman asked softly.

"Yes, Maam," Korra said, the woman smiled brightly.

"Well, come in, come in," the woman said happily, as we stepped inside and followed her into the house.

"When my son got airbending, my husband and I were so happy. We thought that this could open a lot of doors for him," the woman explained, as she lead us into a small dining room. She nudged Korra's shoulder and laughed while saying, "Maybe he can finally move out of the basement,"

Korra laughed awkwardly, "How old is he?"

"He's 22, you know still just figuring his life out," the woman said casually.

"I have a great opportunity for him," Korra beamed, "We're looking for airbenders to join us to the Northern Air Temple,"

"Ahhh! That sounds wonderful! I'll go get him," the woman said with excitement, before leaning on one of the shelves she was standing next to, to shout aggressively to the stairs, "Riu! Get up here!"

Korra looked at us and gave us a thumbs up, I responded by giving her a small smile. Somehow, I felt like this wouldn't go well at all. A few moments later, from the stairs, ascended a tall man with the same color hair as his mother's. He was really skinny and wore glasses. He was also wearing dirty clothes and he was only wearing one flip flop. He made his way to stand beside his mother. He looked at us with no expression at all. Korra stepped towards Riu and offered her hand.