Book 1 ~ Chapter 2

The ferry was right in front of the sea of Republic City. The sun rises as its light gazes upon the city. She has never been anywhere outside the Fire Nation. She was always kept safe and trained till the end of each day she spent there. She felt free, as the wind blows her hair. The ferry stopped shortly on a small island beside the city, named Air Temple Island. With Kaya by her side, she stepped out of the ferry and into the docks. She saw a few people approach her.

"It's a pleasure to have you with us, princess," Tenzin said politely. Lei cringed.

"Please don't call me that, just call me Lei," she said. Tenzin nodded.

"This is my wife, Pema," Tenzin said as he gestured to the lady beside him. She was pregnant.

"Congratulations," Lei said, she smiled.

Suddenly, behind them were three children coming really fast. They were airbenders, unsurprisingly, un trained ones to be exact.

"Hi I'm Meelo! You're really pretty," Meelo said excitedly as he was hovering above an air orb, Lei chuckled.

"I'mIkkiandIagreewithmybrotheryoureallyareprettyhowlongareyoustayingwithus—," Ikki said quickly, until she was cut off.

"That's enough, Ikki, I'm Jinora," She said as she shook my hand.

"You must be tired, we have a room for you and your pet," Pema said softly.

"Thank you," Lei smiled.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨

Lei settled in that day, it was a tiring journey for the first day. She leaned on her windowsill as she stared at the city. It was sundown, but she wanted to explore. She got up and made her way to the door, but Kaya blocked it. Lei shook her head slowly and stroked her fur.

"Alright, come on," Lei said as Kaya followed her.

Lei went through the streets with Kaya. People were sending her weird looks but she didn't care at all. If only they knew who she was and what she was capable of they would run. She saw many people in the restaurants and shops open. She had brought money with her, given to her by Lord Izumi, before she left. She was walking casually on the sidewalks when Kaya started growling, and ran off in a hurry. She widened her eyes and chased after her while shouting her name. She noticed Kaya stopped running and started growling at a boy. She ran up to them.

"Kaya, calm down, girl," Lei said as she stepped in front of Kaya. She turned around and met a boy with green eyes and an earth kingdom clothes.

"I'm sorry for Kaya, she didn't give you any trouble did she?" Lei asked.

"She just gave me quite a scare, that's all, and also tried to make a snack out of Pabu," the boy said shakily. A fire ferret came to his shoulder, and Lei was immediately amazed.

"Is that a fire ferret?" Lei asked curiously. The boy grabbed Pabu and nested him on his arms.

"Yup, this is Pabu, and my name is Bolin," He said.

"I'm Lei, and you've already met Kaya," Lei said, he smiled brightly.

"I don't have to ask if you're a firebender because you are one, based from your clothes," Bolin pointed out. She smiled and looked at her clothes and she looked like she was always ready for combat. And she will always be.

"I could say the same to you, earthbender," Lei smiled.

"Do you live in the city? Or are you visiting?" Bolin asked.

"Both I would say. I live on Air Temple Island, now, and I was just exploring the city," Lei explained. Bolin widened his eyes.

"Woahh. You live with Master Tenzin?" Bolin asked. She nodded.

"Well, I could give you a tour if you'd like," Bolin suggested. She thought about it for a moment.

"Alright, why not," Lei smiled.

Bolin took her everywhere in the city. He showed her shops filled with furniture, jewelry, clothes, and anything you could sell. He took me to the park, passed by clubs, and they were now eating dinner in a water tribe restaurant. They had bowls of cold noodles in front of them as they sat in the corner of the room. She couldn't have felt more free and happy. She was also glad she made a new friend. She didn't have many friends back in the Fire Nation. The children were told to stay away from the granddaughter of Azula the crazy. She knew what her grandmother did was horrible, but she also had a good side when she married and had a child. She taught Lei everything about the Fire Nation history and even stories of her fighting the Avatar. Lei was sad when she passed on. It was sad that most people didn't mourn for her death, just rejoiced. Lei didn't notice her mind was elsewhere until Bolin got her attention.

"Lei, you alright?" Bolin asked. She looked at him.

"I'm fine, what were you saying?" Lei asked as she took a sip from her water.

"I was wondering if you wanted to meet my brother,"
Bolin replied.

"Sure, but not right now, I'm kind of tired," Lei confessed.

"Oh, that's alright, we can do it the next time we hangout," Bolin said happily. She smiled.

"He's a firebender too, a really good one," Bolin said.

"Wow, I'd like to meet him the next time we see each other," Lei said. In truth, she wanted to see how skilled of a firebender his brother was.

They stepped out of the restaurant, and Kaya approached them. She had to stay outside to avoid attention.

"Thank you for the tour and the meal, Bolin," Lei said. Bolin smiled.

"No problem, we should meet again soon," Bolin suggested. Lei nodded.

"You can meet me in the pro bending arena tomorrow," Bolin said. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Pro bending? What's that?" Lei asked, Bolin widened his eyes.

"You don't know what that is?" Lei shook her head.

"Well, you'll find out tomorrow, see you tomorrow, Lei," Bolin waved goodbye as he walked away.

Lei left the city and arrived at Air Temple Island. She went up to her room after putting Kaya with the rest of the animals. She laid on her bed as she grew tired from the night she experienced. She closed her eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.