Book 3 ~ Chapter 8

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

After the events from yesterday, we were far enough from Ba Sing Se. We had stopped in a small meadow where each of us could get some fresh air. I was outside resting with Kaya next to the shore, while Korra, who was accompanied by Lin and Bolin, was playing fetch with Naga. I got up from the ground and patted all the dust from my clothes. I walked up to Korra, just as she threw the ball with her airbending, launching it really far, for Naga to catch as she ran after it. I looked at Lin, who had her usual annoyed expression on.

"While you're playing fetch, four of the most dangerous criminals in the world are hunting you down. Not only endangering your safety but Lei's as well, who's not even supposed to be here. We should get moving," Lin said, as she crossed her arms.

"Hey, it was my choice to stay and you know you can't stop me, Chief," I said, Lin rolled her eyes.

"Relax, Beifong. We just got here," Korra said, "Besides, no one knows where I am right now except us,"

Naga had caught the ball and dropped it in front of Lin, Korra chuckled, "I think she wants you to throw it for her,"

"I'll pass, thanks," Lin said, as she looked at the ball and Korra.

"We just got another radio about another airbender," Asami said excitedly, as she approached us along with Mako by her side.

"No way! Where are they?" Korra asked curiously.

"In a city called Zaofu, home of the Metal Clan," Mako replied, I raised my eyebrow. I've never been to that place before.

"Do you know the place?" Korra asked, as she turned to Lin.

Lin shrugged, "Uh, never been, but I don't want you going there, I'd rest a lot easier if you were back safe at Republic City,"

"Sorry, but if there's an airbender in Zaofu, then that's where we're going next," Korra said, as she made her way inside the airship as we followed behind her.

We boarded the airship and set course for Zaofu. All of us were in the control room looking out the window as we approached Zaofu from out of the clouds. The city was gorgeous and really modern. It shined as the sun reflected on the metal.

"Wow! wOw! WOW! An entire city made of metal! You seem right at home, Beifong," Bolin exclaimed, I turned around to see Lin seated on a chair not looking at the window.

The airship slowly descended to the city, so the metalbenders helped secure the airship onto the air dock. Once the airship went to a complete stop, we were about to exit the door but Asami spoke up.

"Aren't you coming with us?" Asami asked, Lin scoffed.

"It's a city made of metal, big whoop, just get the airbender and let's get out here. And don't tell anyone I'm here," Lin said sternly, I raised my eyebrow.

"Why not?" Korra asked curiously.

"Yeah, I thought you haven't been here before?" I commented.

"I don't have to explain myself to both of you! Just do what I say!" Lin said angrily, I sighed.

"Fine," Korra said, as she turned around and left the airship, us following behind her.

Once we were out, we approached a man who had two guards accompanied with him. We stopped in front of him, and he bowed in front of us.

"Avatar Korra and Fire Nation Princess Lei, it is an honor to meet you. My name is Aiwei, is this everyone?" Aiwei asked.

"Yes, just us. So, can we meet the new airbender?" Korra asked quickly, who felt just as eager as Tenzin did.